Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking for a few good DPS Area Reps...

We still have a bunch of slots for Area Reps going into next season, are trying to fill in the map for both Canada and the US, and are looking for some good cats to join the crew. Positions can be both urban or mountain town/resort based.

Current AR's are: current pros, ex-pros, ski town professionals, guides, snow safety geeks, real estate agents, patrollers, educated/ passionate feral skids- all with a deep history and passion for the sport, the skis, and good connections in their communities.

A quick overview of the gig:
    http://dpsskis.com/blogs/2010/may/dps-area-rep-program

The place to apply:
    https://www.dpsskis.com/dpsforms/AreaRepApplicationForm
    Attachment 80276

just applied- gimme gimme gimme job
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

pick me! pick me!

i want somebody to pick this gig for the banff area. unfortunately the bc interior is probably more fit for those skis

we make the narrow stuff as well, so all areas, flat and shallow, are welcome. While the energy and inspiration comes from the deep, that translates into a drive for the perfect ski, frontside or back, so apply away...

Quote Originally Posted by dps View Post
    we make the narrow stuff as well, so all areas, flat and shallow, are welcome. While the energy and inspiration comes from the deep, that translates into a drive for the perfect ski, frontside or back, so apply away...

Ill be putting in an app sometime this weekend for a local UT rep if you dont already have one?

Good luck with finding folks...shouldnt be too hard.

Is this a real rep position, where you get a rep pack, and are the rep for your area, or is it a affinity program like Habervision where you get a code and try to get people to buy with that code?(affinity code)

Edit: Oh and I forgot, wrong forum, jong!!
    [ame="http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25"]Work Or Lack Of It - Teton Gravity Research Forums[/ame]
    Last edited by SuperDuperGaperWithaCherryOnTop; 07-09-2010 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Can't believe a mag didnt beat me too this!!

Count this east coaster in!
    "Papa Muntz loved skiing, papa Muntz loved drinking, but what he loved most was drinking and skiing."

Vague info on rep postion except for want DPS wants. I'd like to hear an answer to SuperduperGapers question.

Brilliant grass roots marketing ploy. I wish you luck.
    Last edited by mitch_cumstein; 07-10-2010 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Vague info on rep postion except for want DPS wants. I'd like to hear an answer to SuperduperGapers question.
    X2. Did "DPS" ever even come back after the first post? Seems kind of strange they haven't replied

did you read the job description?

as the rep you would:

1. sell proform
    2. sell direct
    3. service retail stores
    4. host demos as needed

and be provided the necessary tools to perform such jobs
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Just submitted my application for the L.A. area!

Need a DC Rep?

buy the skis - great scam

Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson View Post
    did you read the job description?

as the rep you would:

1. sell proform
    2. sell direct
    3. service retail stores
    4. host demos as needed

and be provided the necessary tools to perform such jobs
    Just in case you didn't, here's a summary:

1. You buy a pair of skis full price
    2. dps gives you a bunch of business cards
    3. you sell skis to all kinds of people (for a whopping 5% discount)
    4. you make small commission.
    5. you tell all the bros you're a dps rep because you rip so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by mitch_cumstein View Post
    Just in case you didn't, here's a summary:

1. You buy a pair of skis full price
    2. dps gives you a bunch of business cards
    3. you sell skis to all kinds of people (for a whopping 5% discount)
    4. you make small commission.
    5. you tell all the bros you're a dps rep because you rip so hard.
    wrong. you are talking about the old referral program, which is being discontinued.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

so before everyone gets their panties all in a wad over this (ooops too late...) I'm pretty sure that the area rep program is very different from the code that everyone gets when they buy a new pair of skis. The code setup is what was described above, the rep program is something entirely different.... at least that's my understanding.

I'm assuming that northern Washington is locked down? Anyone reping india yet?

edit: beat me to it

Why don't they piggyback on existing reps? Like get 4FRNT or Cytomax or whatever reps to carry DPS too... otherwise the rep has to go to all the stores for one niche product. I'm sure there's a reason they're doing it this way, I'm just curious.

because comparable hard-goods lines have an exclusivity agreements with their reps already.

having managed various bike shops for 7 years i have yet to see a cytomax rep stop in and service the store. ever.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson View Post
    wrong. you are talking about the old referral program, which is being discontinued.
    So let me get this straight. The web site does clearly state how it operates. BUT it is the old program that is being discontinued (but the web page says nothing of this), and it is basically as Mitch describes it .
    3 different people have asked about it, and it has been a week and no one from DPS has replied back (or do you work for DPS, Marshal?)

i handle DPS dealer sales.

the user "dps" = stephan, and he is in SA. i am semi-answering on his behalf at the moment, yes.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Ah- didn't know they had exclusive arrangements.

Just for amusement now--we're still waiting to read a job description. Excellent follow-up. It seems, as predicted, there will be ample prospective DPS employees regardless of terms. It's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by mitch_cumstein View Post
    Just for amusement now--we're still waiting to read a job description. Excellent follow-up. It seems, as predicted, there will be ample prospective DPS employees regardless of terms. It's funny.
    So fucking what, dude? If you don't want the job, don't apply. I'm sure Vivid Video pays like shit too but there's hairy-palmed jerkninjas clamoring to work there. Take your head out of your ass, DPS doesn't owe you anything and they CERTAINLY don't need to work handjobs into your pay or make you CEO your first day, although I'm sure you feel you deserve it.

Also, before you try to make connections- no, I don't work for them. I just like wiping my ass with the holier-than-thou. Being a ski rep is really just one more thing in a long line of jobs that isn't as cool as it sounds so don't sound so insulted. Sorry to soften your boner dude but it is what it is, no need to blame DPS for not trying to break the ski rep mold

Of course there will be ample prospective employees, DPS is a strong company and only so many ways to get your foot in the door- but you wouldn't have realized that- you're a cunt. If I had a sick company, I'd want to make sure people coming in weren't in it for 100% selfish reasons, but you don't get that- you're a cunt. I mean, if you were a go-getter and a manager (instead of the wax collector) for nearly a decade like Marshall, you'd probably have the wisdom to say "Wow, maybe taking on this added responsibility, while not having the face-value one might initially desire, could have a great impact on my professional life seeing as how I already run a ski shop and could use the extra business/traffic/attention/cred/exposure/connections." But I could see how you'd miss that- you're a cunt.

So listen, cunt. If you don't want the job just sit the fuck down shut the fuck up!
    Last edited by DoWork; 07-19-2010 at 07:04 AM.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community