Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch_cumstein View Post
    we're still waiting to read a job description.
    perhaps we are miss-understanding each other. as far as i read it, the link IS a job description. are you wondering SPECIFCALLY what makes it different from the old referal program? that would be servicing retail accounts and selling proform.

what information beyond what is listed in the job description is lacking? it is sales, so compensation is commission based. you eat what you kill, so to speak. the right, highly motivated, well connected applicant could make this their primary gig during the winter, and ski everyday. as briefly explained in the job listing, it is a significant expansion from the old referral program.

so... what specifically would you like to know?
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

also, as soon as stephan can get some internet, this thread will be moved to the "work" forum, it was intended to be there. my apologies for that.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

moved to the proper forum, thanks advres!
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Sorry for the late response.. i have been on the road in South America and away from reliable internet for the last couple days. Just to extra clarify Marshal's response, this is not a full time gig, nor it it a salaried position, nor position of having a large territory like a traditional full time pro rep.

This job is for local sales, direct sales, dealer service, industry proform sales, and local brand building events such as hosting demos. it is an expansion of the code program to include additional perks, more opportunity for commission, and increased responsibility to go along with the increased opportunity for sales. Any other questions, are easily answered via email to: Tyson AT the ski company's name.

Saludos!

Quote Originally Posted by dps View Post
    to: Tyson AT the ski company's name.
    (dpsskis)
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Why don't they piggyback on existing reps? Like get 4FRNT or Cytomax or whatever reps to carry DPS too... otherwise the rep has to go to all the stores for one niche product. I'm sure there's a reason they're doing it this way, I'm just curious.
    but it's a super awesome $1,200 exotic piece of plastic from the Orient and it's the only product you'll ever need or need to sell.

I would rather fucking rep Zyklon B. And I'm Jewish...and broke.

No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    So fucking what, dude? If you don't want the job, don't apply. I'm sure Vivid Video pays like shit too but there's hairy-palmed jerkninjas clamoring to work there. Take your head out of your ass, DPS doesn't owe you anything and they CERTAINLY don't need to work handjobs into your pay or make you CEO your first day, although I'm sure you feel you deserve it.

Also, before you try to make connections- no, I don't work for them. I just like wiping my ass with the holier-than-thou. Being a ski rep is really just one more thing in a long line of jobs that isn't as cool as it sounds so don't sound so insulted. Sorry to soften your boner dude but it is what it is, no need to blame DPS for not trying to break the ski rep mold

Of course there will be ample prospective employees, DPS is a strong company and only so many ways to get your foot in the door- but you wouldn't have realized that- you're a cunt. If I had a sick company, I'd want to make sure people coming in weren't in it for 100% selfish reasons, but you don't get that- you're a cunt. I mean, if you were a go-getter and a manager (instead of the wax collector) for nearly a decade like Marshall, you'd probably have the wisdom to say "Wow, maybe taking on this added responsibility, while not having the face-value one might initially desire, could have a great impact on my professional life seeing as how I already run a ski shop and could use the extra business/traffic/attention/cred/exposure/connections." But I could see how you'd miss that- you're a cunt.

So listen, cunt. If you don't want the job just sit the fuck down shut the fuck up!
    I am glad that wasn't directed at me, I think that would make me cry

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    So fucking what, dude? If you don't want the job, don't apply. I'm sure Vivid Video pays like shit too but there's hairy-palmed jerkninjas clamoring to work there. Take your head out of your ass, DPS doesn't owe you anything and they CERTAINLY don't need to work handjobs into your pay or make you CEO your first day, although I'm sure you feel you deserve it.

Also, before you try to make connections- no, I don't work for them. I just like wiping my ass with the holier-than-thou. Being a ski rep is really just one more thing in a long line of jobs that isn't as cool as it sounds so don't sound so insulted. Sorry to soften your boner dude but it is what it is, no need to blame DPS for not trying to break the ski rep mold

Of course there will be ample prospective employees, DPS is a strong company and only so many ways to get your foot in the door- but you wouldn't have realized that- you're a cunt. If I had a sick company, I'd want to make sure people coming in weren't in it for 100% selfish reasons, but you don't get that- you're a cunt. I mean, if you were a go-getter and a manager (instead of the wax collector) for nearly a decade like Marshall, you'd probably have the wisdom to say "Wow, maybe taking on this added responsibility, while not having the face-value one might initially desire, could have a great impact on my professional life seeing as how I already run a ski shop and could use the extra business/traffic/attention/cred/exposure/connections." But I could see how you'd miss that- you're a cunt.

So listen, cunt. If you don't want the job just sit the fuck down shut the fuck up!
    Brilliant.

Should this be considered your cover letter, then?