Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer View Post
    awesome.

"Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did."
    Would love higher res. Is that really his wife nipping out there?

Wow. Just wow.

Still a douche, but wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by skuba View Post
    you can let it free and be as stupid as possible

Thread Killer
    I would like to see your point of view but I can't get my head that far up your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    You guys keep saying that Kobe raped that woman... he did not. He was accused of sexual assault but never found guilty. He settled a civil suit with undisclosed terms. This is the only statement he made:
    If she really felt she was raped she would not have settled a civil suit out of court and dropped her criminal case. This chick fucked a basketball Star and wanted a paycheck - which she got.

Not saying Kobe isn't a douchebag, but you cannot say he is a rapist.
    Just because he was never convicted of rape doesn't mean he didn't rape that girl.

I know an awful lot about the case, had some professional involvement in it and have a close friend who worked on the case, and based on all I know I have come to the conclusion that he raped her. Heck, if you want to believe exactly every public thing, by his own admission she did not consent. Or you can believe only the things that support that she was a gold digger looking for a payday. Whatever suits you.

I, however, am thoroughly convinced that while she may have willingly gone to his room, she did not consent to sex and that he didn't give a shit if she consented or not. So I'll continue to call him a fucking rapist for the rest of my life, regardless of what you believe.

ETA: "If she really felt she was raped she would not have settled a civil suit out of court and dropped her criminal case". Really, Tipp? Do you know anything about rape and rape victims at all? I'm just incredulous that someone seemingly as smart as you could really believe that as a general statement.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

This just in, OJ was acquitted of murder, that means he didn't do it !!!

Bill Clinton didn't have penile penetration with "that woman" therefore he didn't have sex.

Little green men are living among us.

I have a bridge for sale in Brooklyn

"You damn colonials and your herds of tax write off dressage ponies". PNWBrit

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I know an awful lot about the case, had some professional involvement in it and have a close friend who worked on the case, and based on all I know I have come to the conclusion that he raped her. Heck, if you want to believe exactly every public thing, by his own admission she did not consent. Or you can believe only the things that support that she was a gold digger looking for a payday. Whatever suits you.
    Me being such a VIP and all, I'm having dinner with the Vail Chief of Police or Sheriff (or something like that?) tonight (friend of a friend). I will ask what he thinks since it happened nearby, right? He probably won't say shit, but it will be an interesting dinner topic... maybe. That and I will see what he thinks of Lebron James...
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Kobe was nowhere near deserving of being the #1 pick that year, there is nothing analogous about bringing him up. Not to mention that while Kobe played in the Philly area (though anyone from Lower Merion will tell you it is NOT Philly at all ), he did not grow up in Philly. He was nowhere near the big deal Lebron was in high school nor was he anywhere near the "native son" that Lebron is to the Cleveland area.
    Whether Kobe was deserving of being the #1 pick is largely irrelevant to whether or not his situation is analogous; I only brought that up incidentally. Lebron did not grow up in Cleveland, he grew up in Akron. Kobe may not have been as big a deal coming out of high school as Lebron was, but he was a big deal. In short, I think you're wrong that there is nothing analogous.
    Sometimes I think you guys are some of the smartest people on the web, other times I wonder if you were shaken as babies.

Quote Originally Posted by woodstocksez View Post
    Whether Kobe was deserving of being the #1 pick is largely irrelevant to whether or not his situation is analogous; I only brought that up incidentally. Lebron did not grow up in Cleveland, he grew up in Akron. Kobe may not have been as big deal a deal coming out of high school as Lebron was, but he was a big deal. In short, I think you're wrong that there is nothing analogous.
    what are you saying? that the 76ers should have drafted him with the #1 pick even though he wasn't deserving of it? That growing up in Italy and playing high school ball in a wealthy suburb of Philadelphia is somehow analogous to growing up 40 miles outside of Cleveland? Lebron was the obvious #1 pick and Cleveland had the #1 pick. What about that is analogous to Kobe's situation at all?
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

You guys keep saying that Kobe raped that woman... he did not. He was accused of sexual assault but never found guilty. He settled a civil suit with undisclosed terms. This is the only statement he made:
    If she really felt she was raped she would not have settled a civil suit out of court and dropped her criminal case. This chick fucked a basketball Star and wanted a paycheck - which she got.

Not saying Kobe isn't a douchebag, but you cannot say he is a rapist.
    You can't say he didn't rape that girl either. Maybe he did, but she is such a basketcase that there was no way they could convince a jury.

Nutjobs can get raped. I dont know, I was flyfishing at the time, hadnt had a single strike or rise all day. No trout were rising, I looked up to the sky and said "God, if Kobe raped that girl let me catch a fish." First rise of the day, and landed that rainbow. Did Kobe rape that girl? I dont know. Is he innocent? Dont know.

Rapist or not, what I do know is that the lovefest charade between Kobe and his wife makes me want to gag. The past two years, she and the kids had a prominent place on the podium when the championship trophy was issued. I didn't notice family members for the other players up there, and if they were up there they definitely weren't up front. His family is also the only one standing at the entrance to the tunnel when he leaves the court too. Funny that there's always a camera there also.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Quote Originally Posted by Arty50 View Post
    Rapist or not, what I do know is that the lovefest charade between Kobe and his wife makes me want to gag. The past two years, she and the kids had a prominent place on the podium when the championship trophy was issued. I didn't notice family members for the other players up there, and if they were up there they definitely weren't up front. His family is also the only one standing at the entrance to the tunnel when he leaves the court too. Funny that there's always a camera there also.
    During the 2008 Finals, Kobe was staying at the Liberty Hotel where our smoking hot babysitter bartends. She was "assigned" to him and his posse where they ran up a $1500 tab after their first loss. She said he hit on her... hard. Then the next post game you see the "family tunnel performance" and I had to go outside to barf. He is as bad as anyone says.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

2012 there will be a lock-out and we won't have to deal with millionaires crying over officiating for at least one season.

1 mile from N. America's biggest chairlift
    I was stoked watching ESPN today when they were talking about the hard luck of being a Cleveland sports fan. seeing the highlights of the Broncos demoralize the Browns with The Drive and the Fumble never gets old.
    Rocket Sleds and Super Space Boots

this is great

Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer View Post

Lebron played out his contract, .
    as far as I can tell he still owes them 7 solid playoff performances. See the Boston series this year in case you forgot.

Oh and let me tell all of you a little story. I played with a guy in HS in Denver who then went to CSU. He signed with the Broncos right out of college and played for four years. THEN HE WENT TO THE FUCKING RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! While we are still friends, I'll never forgive him, nor talk to him until he leaves oakland.
    Goals for the season: -Try and pick up a sponsor.--Phill

But whatever scares you most... --Rip'nStick

Fuck Kobe
    Fuck LeBron and
    Fuck Johnny Damon
    and Fuck the Cleveland Cabbies owner, total douche.
    and Fuck me too while I am at it.
    A woman reported to police at 6:30 p.m. that she was being "smart-mouthed."

Good mailbag in Simmons column, lots of gems: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...simmons/100709

admit it Bhodi, you know you love Al Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    I hope Sir Douchebag does not wear number 23 anymore, tarnish it no more...let 23 go down as the number worn by the best player in NBA history, and not a number worn of the #1 douchbag ever to put on an NBA jersey in history.

This is the thing that gets me about the guy the MOST.....he could be the "next Jordan" but he's way too fucking full of himself...dudes a GREAT ball player, but how can you get past that attitude and ego??? WOW...

I agree total Douche.

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by gonehuckin View Post

Oh and let me tell all of you a little story. I played with a guy in HS in Denver who then went to CSU. He signed with the Broncos right out of college and played for four years. THEN HE WENT TO THE FUCKING RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! While we are still friends, I'll never forgive him, nor talk to him until he leaves oakland.
    You talking about Erik??
    Quote Originally Posted by skuba View Post
    you can let it free and be as stupid as possible

Thread Killer
    I would like to see your point of view but I can't get my head that far up your ass.

what are you saying? that the 76ers should have drafted him with the #1 pick even though he wasn't deserving of it? ... Lebron was the obvious #1 pick and Cleveland had the #1 pick. What about that is analogous to Kobe's situation at all?
    ????? I said I mentioned that incidentally. I don't think it matters whether either of them should have been picked #1, but, instead, whether they "were a big deal" (being drafted #1 is some evidence of that, which is why I said it's largely irrelevant). You think Kobe's entry into the draft wasn't a big deal? Really? I remember things differently. So does wikipedia: [ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kobe_Bryant[/ame]. Also, I think high schoolers jumping to the NBA were viewed with more circumspection at that time (see the last paragraph of this article, for instance - http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...-Mets-Fan.html), which may have muted the attention given Kobe relative to that given Lebron. In any event, they were both a big deal at the time they came into the NBA and they've both proven to be a very big deal subsequently.

That growing up in Italy and playing high school ball in a wealthy suburb of Philadelphia is somehow analogous to growing up 40 miles outside of Cleveland?
    I think that's a mischaracterization. Kobe was born in Philadelphia in 1978. His family moved to Italy in 1984 and stayed until 1991, when they moved to Lower Merion. He graduated high school in 1996. http://www.famouspeoplebiographyguid...be-Bryant.html. I think that's a reasonably strong tie to Philadelphia.

Lebron grew up in Akron. Is there a strong tie between Akron and Cleveland? (I don't really know.) Lebron apparently rooted for the Bulls, not the Cavaliers, suggesting that at least that Akronite didn't feel such a strong tie to Cleveland or their basketball team. But I will say that it's very believable to me that Cavaliers fans in that area claim him as one of their own - I have Cal Ripken from my own experience as a similar example.

If you forced me to say, I'd agree that, based on the little I know, Lebron seems to have a stronger tie to Cleveland than Kobe did to Philadelphia. But I doubt that, at least earlier in his career, Philadelphia had no proprietary feeling toward Kobe. Here's a hint to the contrary, for instance (first link that came up in my Google search): http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...-Mets-Fan.html.

The fact that Lebron ended up with the Cavaliers initially was a nice bit of luck for Cleveland fans. I can understand that it strengthens whatever sense Cavaliers fans in that area had that he is one of their own and "belongs" to them. But I'd guess most superstar team athletes grew up with some tie to a particular region that is associated with a particular professional team, and I don't think that whatever tie Lebron is supposed to have to the Cavaliers for that reason is particularly unique. I think that's my point, more so than the particular analogy to Kobe. As I (and The AD, others?) said above, I think Cleveland was pretty fortunate to get him for the 7 years he was there.

Edit to add ...

Yes, I am putting way too much effort into this, which makes me a retard, because my dominant point of view is that this whole thing is ridiculous and another example of the types of things that have been turning me off pro sports in recent years. You might not guess it by the fact that I've posted several times in this thread (and provided four - four!?!?! - links to supporting information for my compelling arguments above), but mainly what I think about all this is that, yeah, I'm moderately interested in where Lebron ends up, as a sports fan, but ohmigod who really cares all that much, anywhere near enough to warrant the soap opera that's occurred.
    Last edited by woodstocksez; 07-09-2010 at 04:17 PM.
    Sometimes I think you guys are some of the smartest people on the web, other times I wonder if you were shaken as babies.

Lebron is a douchebag, period.

Lebron is a fucking douchebag, never will I take that tag off him--good luck Heat, get prepared to be disappointed. I should count how many times I have now said that Mr. James is a douchebag, but someone will sooner or later...me thoughts have settled now since I started my rant, and I really feel "AMF, Mr. James Douchebag. AMF"

peace,
    D.
    "There's a truth that sanity denies...." --Sprung Monkey

Does anyone else think this whole thing is overblown and kind of sad?

Quote Originally Posted by sidewall View Post
    Does anyone else think this whole thing is overblown and kind of sad?

TGR?

Most of the time, yes.
    "Buy the Fucking Plane Tickets!"
    -- Jack Tackle