Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Actually that was Ari Emanuel's idea - Rahm's brother and the agent that the Ari Gold character from Entourage is based on.
    I figured it wasn't LBJ's idea, but he still participated.

Oh, and good luck to Dan Gilbert in the free agent signing business in the future. What player will sign with Cleveland knowing the owner will throw you under the bus...

Here's the front page of today's Cleveland Plain Dealer -
    GONE.

Quote Originally Posted by half-fast View Post
    and moved to a state with no state income tax. probably breaking even or maybe even ahead when you figure no state tax on salary and endorsements. nice spin, lebron,
    Not to mention "30 million less" is almost certainly incorrect, since that amount is reduced by whatever Lebron makes in the first year of his next contract.

Jesus, this has all been ridiculous. (I vote for Dan Gilbert as biggest ass of the bunch, though.)

World Cup back tomorrow, dudes! And Warriors just got David Lee!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sIlentRagE View Post
    Oh, and good luck to Dan Gilbert in the free agent signing business in the future. What player will sign with Cleveland knowing the owner will throw you under the bus...
    I doubt any player will worry much about it, since they're not Lebron. Has he done something similar to anyone else?

And this bears repeating (from the future):

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I'd think fans of the Cavs would be grateful for the seven great seasons James gave them. I can't understand how he's somehow obligated to stay in Cleveland for the rest of his career.
    It always seemed to me to be a real gift that he ever ended up in Cleveland in the first place.
    Sometimes I think you guys are some of the smartest people on the web, other times I wonder if you were shaken as babies.

I'd think fans of the Cavs would be grateful for the seven great seasons James gave them. I can't understand how he's somehow obligated to stay in Cleveland for the rest of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I don't think anyone feels that he's obligated to stay. Most people, however, feel that he should have felt obligated to treat them with some respect.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Who gives a shit! It's almost football season. Oh yeah, can you say 3peat Lakers. lebron is Kobe's bitch.
    surviving in the city, powered by wellbutrin

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I don't think anyone feels that he's obligated to stay. Most people, however, feel that he should have felt obligated to treat them with some respect.
    You make a very good point. LeBron definitely didn't owe them another game in a Cavs uniform. But Gilbert was right in that the whole process was a narcissistic joke and ConcreteJungle is right in that if you want to help the Boys and Girls club, send them a check. And he owed Cleveland fans some expression of regret in not bringing a championship to them and he owed them some expression of gratitude, even if they are a bunch of no-hoper crystal meth tweekers.
    "Buy the Fucking Plane Tickets!"
    -- Jack Tackle

Lebron's TV special on ESPN was unnecessary, but he said the right things when asked why he was leaving Cleveland/ going to Miami. He refrained from dumping on Cleveland, his teammates, the owner, or the fans. Instead, he thanked them all tactfully.

We all know what Lebron's really thinking ("I gave you guys 7 years, you couldn't assemble a decent team and coach, and I couldn't convince any other good players to come to Cleveland"), but he sent the appropriate public message.

The owner's letter response was exactly the wrong public message to send. That's not going to endear the Cavaliers' management to any new players coming along.

This will be really interesting to see how the Miami Heat do next year. Expectations are sky-high -- can the team live up to them?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I think for a lot of these guys it's about being in a bigger/better/glitzier city.
    I think he's worried also about making a legacy and winning titles, but the 3 of them are only part of the team. He doesn't have that crazy determination that Jordan had. I picture Lebron doing his job for the day, scoring 25 pts, going home and playing video games. I don't think he really cares the way Jordan did.

It was hard to believe that ESPN could stretch a 5 second question into an hour long "event". Favorite questions from the ESPN broadcast;
    "One hand or two?"
    "Are you still a nail biter?"

Pretty ridiculous for sure all the hype. I don't blame dude for wanting to win and wanting to play with his boys. My only complaint is I wish he would have let the Cavs know before hand.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Lebron does have the right to leave and pursue his selfish dreams, for his own reasons--and yes capitalism does come in to play, but that still does not justify it as the right thing to do--sometimes doing what is right is not always the easier path.

I feel Mr. James Douchebag should carry much of the weight and burden of not winning championships, as he is a superstar, and he was the leader of the Cavs. He, of course, is not accepting any of that blame and instead has everyone believing it is the organization's fault for not having marquee players to help him out. "It's not my fault" syndrome. Instead of staying the course and earning a Championship for himself and NE Ohio, he found an easier way out, a possible quicker path to what he wants, a shortcut that will erase his blame and accountability from his past failure.

From all of this, Cleveland is better off without sucha self-serving douchebag, I further hope Dan Gilbert's guarantee comes true and Lebron is forever lost in bad karma, never getting what he wants--an NBA Championship ring.

"There's a truth that sanity denies...." --Sprung Monkey

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    He, of course, is not accepting any of that blame and instead has everyone believing it is the organization's fault for not having marquee players to help him out. "It's not my fault" syndrome. Instead of staying the course and earning a Championship for himself and NE Ohio, he found an easier way out, a possible quicker path to what he wants, a shortcut that will erase his blame and accountability from his past failure.
    The irony here is that they brought the Mo Williams and Shaqs in at the request of Lebron because he thought they would help him win. They had the best record of the regular season the past two years which clearly displays they were capable of winning in Cleveland, but when it came down to crunch time he shrunk and crawled into a little hole.

Don't watch pro ball, but Lebron can go/play anywhere the hell he wants.

That being said, the way he did it makes him look like a complete fucking tool, another reason why I quit watching pro ball.
    "You damn colonials and your herds of tax write off dressage ponies". PNWBrit

Sucks to be Michael Beasley right now.... traded from the Heat to the Timberwolves, right after LBJ's big announcement.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/07/0...k=omni_popular
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Lebron does have the right to leave and pursue his selfish dreams, for his own reasons--and yes capitalism does come in to play, but that still does not justify it as the right thing to do--sometimes doing what is right is not always the easier path.
    God, enough already. Would the Cavaliers have kept him around if he was a marginal player, just because he was from the area and wanted to win a championship with the Cavaliers? Does every professional athlete have an obligation to play for the team associated with the area where they grew up? It's a gift that he ever played for Cleveland at all. I'm not a fan of the circus that's been going on, but all this betrayal crap is more than a little over the top.

Kobe Bryant was a pretty big deal coming out of high school, if I remember correctly. Where's all the outrage that he's never played for the 76ers? (I didn't remember this, but just checked and the 76ers had the top pick that year and took Allen Iverson instead.)
    Last edited by woodstocksez; 07-09-2010 at 11:08 AM.
    Sometimes I think you guys are some of the smartest people on the web, other times I wonder if you were shaken as babies.

Quote Originally Posted by masterofgreenbeans View Post
    Who gives a shit! It's almost football season. Oh yeah, can you say 3peat Lakers. lebron is Kobe's bitch.
    Yes, excellent point sir.

"why did you set that car on fire sir?" "you didn't hear, the lakers won!"
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert posted this letter on the team's website after LeBron James' announcement he was leaving for the Miami Heat.

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier. .........self-indulgent whine for a whole page.
    Sweet baby Jesus. What a whiner. I agree this is a lot like listening to your insane girlfriend crying in the driveway. Bodhi you don't sound a lot different. And knowing now what a fucktard the owner is, Lebron has to be thankful he got the fuck out. Maybe LeBron had to deal with this type of bullshit before and got tired of it.

Not trying to pick a fight but get over yourself.

He's done a lot of good for the league and Cleveland, one of the only reasons I was watching the playoffs was to see if they could pull it off.

For the most part all the egomaniacal, shittastic, whiner, piece-o-shit, arrogant, turd ballers can suck my dick. LeBron, even in his leaving, seems to be a notch above all the other gangster wannabe, gun toting, dick waving fools who make up the nBa.

He has brought more good to the name of Cleveland in the last seven years than 50 years worth of PR campaigns and all the free hookers and blow for the next seven could do.

Just thinking about living in Cleveland would make me want to slit my wrists.
    Quote Originally Posted by skuba View Post
    you can let it free and be as stupid as possible

Thread Killer
    I would like to see your point of view but I can't get my head that far up your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing Sock View Post
    The irony here is that they brought the Mo Williams and Shaqs in at the request of Lebron because he thought they would help him win. They had the best record of the regular season the past two years which clearly displays they were capable of winning in Cleveland, but when it came down to crunch time he shrunk and crawled into a little hole.
    And he had an awful coach. I honestly believe that a good coach would have taken him to a title with Cleveland.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by woodstocksez View Post
    Kobe Bryant was a pretty big deal coming out of high school, if I remember correctly. Where's all the outrage that he's never played for the 76ers? (I didn't remember this, but just checked and the 76ers had the top pick that year and took Allen Iverson instead.)
    Kobe was nowhere near deserving of being the #1 pick that year, there is nothing analogous about bringing him up. Not to mention that while Kobe played in the Philly area (though anyone from Lower Merion will tell you it is NOT Philly at all ), he did not grow up in Philly. He was nowhere near the big deal Lebron was in high school nor was he anywhere near the "native son" that Lebron is to the Cleveland area.

So is anyone else wondering where the hell is Steven Dallas?

"SSD, white courtesy telephone...sports issue on the line."
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Lebron may be a douche, but the following is just plain wrong.

...I hope Mr. Piece-of-Sh!t never wins a championship in his career and goes down as a bigger all-time loser than Charles Barkley.
    I hope Sir Douchebag does not wear number 23 anymore, tarnish it no more...let 23 go down as the number worn by the best player in NBA history, and not a number worn of the #1 douchbag ever to put on an NBA jersey in history.
    23 is already the number worn by the #1 douchebag ever to put on an NBA jersey in history. Lebron can only aspire to achieve Jordan's level of douchebaggery. Kobe had to commit rape to try and outdo Jordan's legacy.

If the rumor is true, Jordan's dad was killed as a message to Mike to pay up his gambling debts. Law and Order even did an episode on it but conveniently changed it to a baseball player. You're the richest athlete on the planet. You have more money than god. Do you a) pay your booky or b) let him off your dad?

I used to work at an establishment that hosted both Jordan and Barkley on a regular basis. Jordan was almost universally hated by most of the staff, however Barkley was beloved. He was considered by many to be one of our best guests ever.

Oh and Barkley also donated $200k last year to the Angora fire victims fund. Barkley visits Tahoe maybe once a year, doesn't own a house there, and pretty much has no reason to give two shits about those people. Yet he wrote a fat check for them. The dude is fucking awesome. If you want to shit on the others, fine. But don't touch Sir Charles. He above all deserves his title.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Quote Originally Posted by Arty50 View Post
    But don't touch Sir Charles. He above all deserves his title.
    And he has a great sense of humor:

Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by Arty50 View Post
    Kobe had to commit rape to try and outdo Jordan's legacy.
    awesome.

"Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did."
    "Buy the Fucking Plane Tickets!"
    -- Jack Tackle

You guys keep saying that Kobe raped that woman... he did not. He was accused of sexual assault but never found guilty. He settled a civil suit with undisclosed terms. This is the only statement he made:
    Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter.
    If she really felt she was raped she would not have settled a civil suit out of court and dropped her criminal case. This chick fucked a basketball Star and wanted a paycheck - which she got.

Not saying Kobe isn't a douchebag, but you cannot say he is a rapist.