Page 10 of 73 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    As a Duck living in BSU country, I will admit that I have gained respect (aside from them whooping us twice) for their game. Their fans are still the worst in college football, as are their cheerleaders. But they have some great players and an undoubtedly legit program, particularly for a locale like Boise.

That said, I just don't buy their ranking. If the ranking is based on what would happen on a series of one-on-one games, i.e BSU vs. Alabamba, BSU vs. USC, etc. etc. then I think their ranking is a longshot but understandable. They can beat just about anyone in a given game and have proven this several times where people assumed a blowout.

BUT--Would people think the same about them if they played the Duck's schedule? Do you think they'd go undefeated if they played Oregon, Cal, USC, ASU, Stanford, OSU and even UW? There's no room for error there. Yeah, maybe you can have a slightly off game against UW or UCLA but don't let it slip too far--Locker and company would catch you. You can have 4 off games in a row in the WAC--maybe even 8, and as long as you have a mediocre-level team in the SEC, Big 12 or Pac 10, you're going undefeated. I'd bet that UW would go undefeated in the WAC but will be lucky to go .500 in the Pac 10.
    It is really a joke. They were a cute story in 2005-2006 but now I hope they just get stomped so we can put this to bed for awhile. They are only 5-5 in their last ten games against BCS opponents..... Moving to the mountain West will improve their credibility a bit but they still aren't ready for big boy football. Anyone remember that trip out to Athens? I think we'll be seeing more of that in D.C. in a week and I don't think Vtech is that good of a team. Really wish the game was in Blacksburg though Lane Stadium is a much better venue for a college football game than Fedex field.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing Sock View Post
    It is really a joke. They were a cute story in 2005-2006 but now I hope they just get stomped so we can put this to bed for awhile. They are only 5-5 in their last ten games against BCS opponents..... Moving to the mountain West will improve their credibility a bit but they still aren't ready for big boy football. Anyone remember that trip out to Athens? I think we'll be seeing more of that in D.C. in a week and I don't think Vtech is that good of a team.
    5 and 5 against BCS opponents is nothing too shabby for a mid major. They have their entire destiny firmly in their hands with a defeat of Tech. Emotion may very well be the deciding key to this game.

Tech definitely has more question marks than Boise, but their backfield could carry them far, and if the D comes together early, they could run the table. Can Boise stop both of these guys for 4 quarters and keep Taylor corralled ??

Which team comes out with the wrinkle that keeps the other off balance ?

Senior QB whose gotten markedly better each season, and definitely can beat you with his feet (just ask Nebraska the last two games home and away).

2 or 3 great RBs' to choose from maybe top 2 backfield in college

Intangibles of "Beamer Ball" changes games @ critical junctures.

Really wish the game was in Blacksburg though Lane Stadium is a much better venue for a college football game than Fedex field.
    QFT "Enter Sandman", may be the best "time to get your football on" song in College football.
    "You damn colonials and your herds of tax write off dressage ponies". PNWBrit

Quote Originally Posted by DharmaBum View Post
    Just glancing at the weights alone, their top 4 D-linemen go 263, 288, 296, 262 and one of the backups tips 'em at 330! !
    I liked this post so I looked up what the starting line and lbs heights and weight for the Tide were:

defensive line:

6'4" 306
    6'3" 280
    6'1" 310- strongest man on the team

linebackers

6'3" 240
    6'4" 260
    6'3" 231
    6'2" 263

the difference in our overall size and speed from just 4 years ago is unreal
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    Business as usual for Beaver Nation

An Oregon State University football player has been dismissed from the team following an arrest early Sunday morning.

Tyler Patrick Thomas, 19, of Kalispell, Mont., was arrested on charges of first-degree criminal trespass, second-degree criminal mischief and resisting arrest.

According to information from the Corvallis Police Department, at about 4:51 a.m., police were called to 519 N.W. 14th Street after a 32-year-old woman reported there was a naked man in the upstairs office of her residence.

When officers arrived, they ordered him to get on the ground several times, but he refused.

Then Thomas, who had reportedly been drinking, got into a "three-point stance" and lunged at the officers, who Tased him.

Thomas was booked into Benton County Jail but was released later the same day.
    Thomas, an offensive lineman, redshirted the 2009 season for the Beavers.

http://gazettetimes.com/news/local/a...cc4c002e0.html
    Oh com'on Viva, you're confusing UofO and OSU again. The beavs haven't been the highlight of the police blotter since the Erickson days. At least it wasn't our quarterback, our star running back, or any of our core recieving group.

And the gnar score on that arrest report is off the fucking charts.

EASY MONEY ALERT

North Carolina has evidently found some academic issues in the football program. Today several starters were sent to the scout team. It appears the team that faces LSWho on Saturday night will be a shell of what was expected. As of now the line is still 1.5......EASY MONEY.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    EASY MONEY ALERT

North Carolina has evidently found some academic issues in the football program. Today several starters were sent to the scout team. It appears the team that faces LSWho on Saturday night will be a shell of what was expected. As of now the line is still 1.5......EASY MONEY.
    Already placed my week 1 bets and this makes me very happy.

Now for some CU humor.....

http://www.buffzone.com/ci_15896935

Here is some more CU news.

http://best.complex.com/lists/The-50...rica/catacombs

The Houndstooth in Tuscaloosa was #6....sweet place.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Already placed my week 1 bets and this makes me very happy.

Now for some CU humor.....

http://www.buffzone.com/ci_15896935
    If you're a Buff fan, that isn't funny at all. Three more years? I thought he was supposed to be done after this year. At least his kid is riding pine to start the year - maybe we'll at least beat the sheep.
    Shut your eyes and think of somewhere. Somewhere cold and caked with snow.

I'm really looking forward to the Utes pounding on the Buffs on a regular basis.
    As a snowboarder... i fucking hate snowboarders in general. -advres

The Sink is on there at #40 as well. Fun list to go through.

Duffy's at #1 ha.

How the Library in Oxford isn't on the list I'll never know. Hottest coeds in the country in 3 connected bars that takes up an entire block.

TTT's in Clemson is okay, wouldn't be my first choice...but atleast they didn't go with the Esso Club.

Flying Saucer they list as being for Vandy is a chain place. Much better place is Tin Roof but their slowly becoming a chain too...already in Knoxville I know.

EASY MONEY ALERT

As someone who grew up a fan and graduated from a rival school of UNC I cannot say it happened to a better bunch. They have been cheating for generations going back to at least the days of Choo Choo Justice. All the while talking about how they to it the right way, or as they say, "The Carolina Way". I hope they rot in Hell, and getting the chance to watch a bunch of self-righteous bastards squirm in their chairs the other night during their presser was nothing short of spectacular.
    Quote Originally Posted by wintermittent
    And furthermore. What is up with turkey bacon? Healthy bacon? Unpossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowsprite
    That is like masturbation. People resort to it when they can't have the real thing!

That's funny, because the Ducks couldn't go undefeated in the WAC the last two seasons.
    This distinctly reminds me of that Super Troopers quote from Officer Rod Farva, "I just lost a buck. To myself!"

Your logic is right up there with Farva's.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

This distinctly reminds me of that Super Troopers quote from Officer Rod Farva, "I just lost a buck. To myself!"

Your logic is right up there with Farva's.
    No it isn't. You implied BSU couldn't make it in a stronger conference, I gave evidence that the Ducks couldn't make it in a weaker one.

GAME WEEK BITCHES!!!!!!!!!
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

FS: I've got 4 tickets to Texas @ Nebraska should you care to view this re-match of the Big 12 title game last year. Gonna be a good one, won't be surprised to see the Huskers avenge that loss from last year. PM me if you're interested.

ps sorry for ticket spam.
    As a snowboarder... i fucking hate snowboarders in general. -advres

No it isn't. You implied BSU couldn't make it in a stronger conference, I gave evidence that the Ducks couldn't make it in a weaker one.
    I would bet my left nut and all my golden whispies that the Ducks would go undefeated with BSU's WAC schedule. I would bet at least half my whispies that the Dawgs would go undefeated with their WAC schedule.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Boise has benefited from being in a weak conference and has to give a nod to that fact for their past couple years. They would not be the powerhouse media darling in other conferences of stronger power rankings. Just a fact.

They're still a friggin damn good football team with some great talent. I can't wait to see them make their run this year, and other than Va. Tech hope they sweep, just to screw with the BCS, and have some good shit to talk about during the year.

I'm pumped. Flying into SLC on Thursday, and have tickets to the game. Booked a Pitt Alumni tailgate, but of course need some local gameday drinking/eating beta anyhow. Staying at the Downtown Courtyard Mariott, but have no idea about what might be nearby.

Is this gonna be like when I was at the opening of the new Gillette Stadium for that MNF game, decked out in black and gold? My female friend was almost in several fistfights that evening. Me? I'm a lover, not a fighter. Another gem road experience was opening up the new Browns Stadium. Those fans weren't too much to deal with. I walked through the parking lot with a case of Iron City and shit-talked. There is much to be said for fun rivalries. Scary rivalries, like going to WVU, I can do without. Those people are over-the-line in a few unsettling ways.

So what is it gonna be like in SLC? I've only ever visited on my way to the mountains. Should I bring a bottle of booze with me in my checked luggage to help fire things up when the 3.2 beer is falling short? Am I going to have to refrain from using profanities? What's the scene like for college football out there???
    “Money has never been my god — never.” - The Chief

Quote Originally Posted by OSECS View Post
    Boise has benefited from being in a weak conference and has to give a nod to that fact for their past couple years. They would not be the powerhouse media darling in other conferences of stronger power rankings. Just a fact.

They're still a friggin damn good football team with some great talent. I can't wait to see them make their run this year, and other than Va. Tech hope they sweep, just to screw with the BCS, and have some good shit to talk about during the year.
    Finally, someone who gets it! By the way, the can't screw with the BCS this year unless they beat Va Tech. Can't have it both ways.

I would bet my left nut and all my golden whispies that the Ducks would go undefeated with BSU's WAC schedule. I would bet at least half my whispies that the Dawgs would go undefeated with their WAC schedule.
    Does their WAC schedule include playing BSU? 'Cause that seems to be a problem for them if they want to go undefeated.

Sorry Rev. Nothing against you, but the amount of smack I heard from Duck fans last summer after BSU beat them in Eugene, and then after the "whooping" last fall, I just feel compelled to give it back when I can ( and I don't even have a connection to BSU other than I live here. Imagine what the alums must feel like!). Season starts this week, so any talk about last year is about done. Hell, I'll even by the first beer if we ever cross paths (at which time I reserve the right to bring up the BSU-Oregon game at least one more time).

Quote Originally Posted by acostiga View Post
    I'm pumped. Flying into SLC on Thursday, and have tickets to the game. Booked a Pitt Alumni tailgate, but of course need some local gameday drinking/eating beta anyhow. Staying at the Downtown Courtyard Mariott, but have no idea about what might be nearby.

Is this gonna be like when I was at the opening of the new Gillette Stadium for that MNF game, decked out in black and gold? My female friend was almost in several fistfights that evening. Me? I'm a lover, not a fighter. Another gem road experience was opening up the new Browns Stadium. Those fans weren't too much to deal with. I walked through the parking lot with a case of Iron City and shit-talked. There is much to be said for fun rivalries. Scary rivalries, like going to WVU, I can do without. Those people are over-the-line in a few unsettling ways.

So what is it gonna be like in SLC? I've only ever visited on my way to the mountains. Should I bring a bottle of booze with me in my checked luggage to help fire things up when the 3.2 beer is falling short? Am I going to have to refrain from using profanities? What's the scene like for college football out there???
    The Pitt fans that went to the Fiesta Bowl, my father included, said the Ute Fans make the 'eer fans look like school children, they are that bad. So be prepared for that.

Also, I'm jealous. Have fun!
    I'm in a band. It's called "Just the Tip."

Quote Originally Posted by PaSucks View Post
    the Ute Fans make the 'eer fans look like school children, they are that bad.
    That scares me, and I'll only be watching on TV (if it's televised). Worse than a Mountaineer ??? That's bad. What do they burn when they win/lose ??

This guy's predictions are as good as any of your's (Indeed, much better in some cases).

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/show......In-MS-Paint
    Daniel Ortega eats here.