Canadian IFSA NA Tour contradiction?

According to the schedule on the IFSA website (www.freeskiers.org), all 3 of the Canadian comps are on the North American (NA) Tour, yet this was posted under the news section a little bit ago...

"netlag writes "Red Mountain event, Lake Louise event and Fernie event are not NA events and do not require IFSA membership. These are well established freeskiing events in British Columbia that are independent and atrack top line competitors and sell out. Give them a try. Thank you, Captain Jack Carey, Director" "

Anybody have any more information? I'd like to know before I decide to go to Canadaland and waste my time and money, and the IFSA website barely works...
    OOOOOOOHHHH, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

I don't know about Louise but Red and Fernie are on the tour. Louise's comp sucks anyways, (run by very inexperienced and unappreciative people). put the others on your calender. Red treats the competitors awesome so it's a don't miss!

Anyways you can't fall up here or huck your meat with no regard as the snow is meager and you will cripple yourself so work on sticking those linkin loops...

Quote Originally Posted by BakerBoy
    "Red Mountain event, Lake Louise event and Fernie event are not NA events and do not require IFSA membership. These are well established freeskiing events in British Columbia that are independent and atrack top line competitors and sell out. Give them a try. Thank you, Captain Jack Carey, Director"
    They atrack top line competitors. That's classic!

Quote Originally Posted by The AD
    They atrack top line competitors. That's classic!
    And they moved LL to BC.

I noticed that blurb on IFSA the other day too and was a little worried seeing as how a majority of the comps I was planning on doing were in Canada. I am starting to hold IFSA and their comp schedule in the same light that I hold the "Terminal Asshole" (BB reference our conversation about a certain little man that you and I equally despise)- you just can't rely on it and you may be better off without it. IFSA seems to be a little confused these days...or under funded.
    "You look like you just got schnitzled..."

I actually think that statement is true. Red Mtn. was on the tour two years ago, but wasn't last year. Moss Patterson got $3000.00 CDN for first last year and $1500.00 for third the year before. I think first two years ago was 5 grand, so the prize money was still good. Rumour also has it that the Canadian Freeskiing Championships in Whissie have been cancelled (Skier Mag reports that) and the whole tour might be in jepordy. Maybe that's why their site is so outdated.

Well, the IFSA website has been updated with the 2005 schedule, as seen below... The CFC has definitely been canceled, after all the heli-vacs they had last year, but Red, Fernie, and Louise are still on the schedule.

http://freeskiers.org/schedule05.gif

jack and the crew are taking care of the Louise comp this year, too. So it should look a lot like the other 2- a whole lotta fun! Don't know about the tour thing. Seems like Fernie doesn't really fit into that concept, but I don't make those decisions. I'd like to see Fernie and Louise stay local, casual, fun, and independent, myself.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayHarder
    And they moved LL to BC.
    Cool is that going to bring more snow to the Lake?
    I've often thought they should move LL out of that precip shadow donut it's in.
    'I dare to dream and differ from the hollow lies'

Well, there's a new schedule up now, and none of the Canadian events are on there. So that drops it back down to 5 events, with none in Canada and two in Colorado...

interesting
    no Canada eh?
    there has to be some other events b4 Snowbird right?!

looks like the Canadian folks are pullin out of the whole IFSA banner
    the comps (Red, Fernie, LL) are still on, but you get no points.
    Last edited by raddam; 11-20-2004 at 08:37 PM.

Well, good 'ol organized IFSA has just issued a new Press Release --

"The IFSA is happy to announce the addition of the Red Mountain event, the Molson Canadian Freeskiing Challenge, to the North American Tour.

The fourth annual event will take place January 12 - 15 at Red. With prizes of cash and equipment, 100 competitors, parties and a head judge of Jeff Holden the event should be fun for all.

All athletes must be members of the IFSA in order to get points on the North American Tour. Join online at www.freeskiers.org.."

So I guess Red is back on the NA Tour like teamdirt said, but the Louise and Fernie comps will remain more local events like chump was looking for.

And according to Barci the Crystal comp should be appearing on that list shortly...which translates to don't hold your breath I guess. Glad that at least 2 of the comps I am going to this year will be for IFSA points...
    "You look like you just got schnitzled..."

Quote Originally Posted by BakerBoy
    a head judge of Jeff Holden
    bakerboy, ask him where the hell he's been for me.
    fine

Quote Originally Posted by girlski0912
    And according to Barci the Crystal comp should be appearing on that list shortly...which translates to don't hold your breath I guess. Glad that at least 2 of the comps I am going to this year will be for IFSA points...

Latest news about crystal, It will not be IFSA for sure. Since it is the same weekend as the Snowmass event
    If things seem in control, Your just not going fast enough.