Hey New Englanders a little help here...

I am flying to Boston next week on a buddy pass (scored from a Southwest flight attendant). Since I will be flying standby there is a good chance I might end up flying into Providence or Manchester depending on flight availibility. If so is there any easy and more improtantly cheap transportation from either of the cities into Boston?
    Also, since I am asking, any good bars or restraunts I should be hitting up while I am here? The girl is going to be in a conference so I will be roaming the city, doing all the touristy stuff.
    Thanks for any help you can provide!
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

From Providence the train comes right into Boston. Key is getting from TF Green to the train station in downtown Providence. I dont think a cab will be too much though.

Manchester has busses in the area that shoot right into Boston- they actually bring you right to Logan I believe. See if the driver will let you off beforehand, or just take the T from the airport back into the city (or cab).

Try your damndest to get standby on a Boston flight, an hour or two wait at the airport will be shorter and cheaper than either Prov or Manchester.

As for Boston, theres plenty to do around now- are you into the Freedom Trail/Paul Revere/USS Constitution shit? Do a duckboat tour, roam around Chinatown looking for the newest rub n tug and report back. Good bars around here depend on what youre into- cheap swill and a good time, great beer, whatever. Good restaurants are in the South End, a few in Beacon Hill, decent Italian food in the North End (dont get swayed by the outside look, the better places look like shitholes). Cambridge has good bars good food, sort of touristy, super liberal weirdo thing going on

Ill be around shoot a PM
    Decisions Decisions

Brock - Perfect~ that is the info I needed, my goal is to fly in to Boston, just wanted to have some options should it go to hell... I have found flying standby it helps to be uber flexible with many options.
    If you are going to be around I will shoot you a PM and maybe wed can grab a beer somewhere...
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

advres Guest
    I'll be around all week too if interested. I work from home and live on the Green line in Boston so I'm a hop, skip and jump away from pretty much anywhere in the city. I'm always down to grab a beer with a mag. Ask brock, I'm really not that big of an asshole in person

Damn Advres! I was hoping you were that big of an asshole, makes beer drinking much more entertaining! Lets do it! Let have beers on either Thurs or Fri - you guys pick a spot and I will be there! During the day is best cause I think my nights are filled with Red Sox games.

The bus line from Manchester to South Station (downtown Boston) is called Concord Trailways.

If you end up flying to Manchester: www.concordtrailways.com

The bus line from Manchester to South Station (downtown Boston) is called Concord Trailways.
    Thanks, that is VERY helpful!