Boulder / Denver mags.....Red Rocks info needed.

Soooo, i've scored some miracle String Cheese tickets to the sold out Red Rocks shows (7-24,25,26). I'll be coming from Idaho with an RV and need info on any close camping areas around Red Rocks (Morrison).

I've never been, and have done some googling, but not finding exactly what i'm needing. Just looking for a spot I can park the RV (forest service roads, ect) without being hassled. Or, does anybody in the area have a spot in their backyard they would be willing to let me throw down a tent in exchange for beers?

Oh, and how far of a drive (time wise) is it from the Denver metro/Boulder area to Red Rocks?

Thanks in advance....see ya on the rocks!
    Fats-

Its hard to give you a distance from the denver-metro area to RR because the metro area is huge, it could be 1:15 minutes in traffic from some places, or 10 minutes from other places in the metro area. From boulder it is about 30-40 minutes.

If you are willing to play for RV parking the jefferson county fairgrounds RV spots would probably be a good bet, about a 15 minute drive.
    ‎Preserving farness, nearness presences nearness in nearing that farness

i HAVE drugs

Fuck dat shit. I might be in the area to chill though.

Quote Originally Posted by nick > jesus View Post
    Its hard to give you a distance from the denver-metro area to RR because the metro area is huge, it could be 1:15 minutes in traffic from some places, or 10 minutes from other places in the metro area. From boulder it is about 30-40 minutes.

If you are willing to play for RV parking the jefferson county fairgrounds RV spots would probably be a good bet, about a 15 minute drive.
    Right on, thanks for the info!!! I say the "Denver Metro" area because we will be mobile (RV) and other than the shows, we don't really have any destination in particular. We'd like to be as close to the venue as possible. Thanks.
    Fats-

Chatfield State Park is about 10 minutes away and has a huge RV camping area...but it may not be "Hassle Free".

If you want to tent it, I have a backyard about 15 minutes away that you could use .
    You should have been here yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    Chatfield State Park is about 10 minutes away and has a huge RV camping area...but it may not be "Hassle Free".

If you want to tent it, I have a backyard about 15 minutes away that you could use .
    Unless you have a teleporter, Chatfield is NOT ten minutes from Red Rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Quote Originally Posted by Rontele View Post
    Unless you have a teleporter, Chatfield is NOT ten minutes from Red Rocks.
    He would be driving his vehicle, not riding his super sweet, indie, one of a kind, brand new Single Speed Fully Rigid 29er like you do.

Ok, it is more like 15.75896 minutes

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...=UTF8&t=h&z=11

That is without traffic too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rontele View Post
    That is without traffic too.
    Negative Nancy pants.

Oh, I would suggest camping there over the JeffCo fairgrounds.

Just want homeboi to be informed.

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post

Perfect!!! I just may take you up on that (in exchange for beers of course )

I'll PM you as it gets a bit closer (still 2 weeks out) to see if the offer still stands. Are there any good microbreweries in the vicinity? I know the Mountain Sun is fantastic, but not sure how far it is from RR.
    Fats-

Quote Originally Posted by Fat City View Post
    Perfect!!! I just may take you up on that (in exchange for beers of course )

I'll PM you as it gets a bit closer (still 2 weeks out) to see if the offer still stands. Are there any good microbreweries in the vicinity? I know the Mountain Sun is fantastic, but not sure how far it is from RR.
    Fats-
    Sure, I will have room in the backyard starting the night of the 24th for tents.

Let me know.

We live about 15 minutes from Red Rocks in Littleton. When my inlaws who live out of their 5th wheel full time come to visit, they stay at Jeffco fairgrounds. They have stayed at Bear Creek, which is 5 minutes from RR, as well as Chatfield which is closest to our house.

Just get reeeeeeallaaalllly wasted and get thrown into detox. I don't know what the fine is but it's probably as much as Cheif Hosa and they'll feed you breakfast!

bear creek lake park has RV spots....gotta be cooler than jeffco fairgrounds

as for specific red rocks info....hide your vodka in your hulahoop...you'll have no problems
    let your tracks be lost in the dark and snow

FWIW...

The Mile High National drag races are going on that weekend at Bandimere. The situation in and around Morrison will be tight, to say the least...
    The Sheriff is near!