Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Big wall seems like about the biggest sort of sufferfest one can voluntarily subject to... like up there with doing something like climbing K2 or what those specops guys do. I have no desire to climb big wall.

I don't think I've done anything that really qualifies as hard, physically. 75 pound pack for 40 brutal miles in awful terrain in 60 hour was challenging and it made me hurt a lot, but it doesn't seem worthy of the title "hardest thing done." Maybe my kayak swim where I almost drowned would be the hardest thing I've physically done.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by tricameron View Post
    moving from summit county to Philadelphia for a girl.
    oooh, i feel for ya. how did that work out?

i did something similar, moved from florida to switzerland for a girl. didn't work out - bonus!

I've never been into physical torturefests so I tend to avoid them. But probably the tiredest I've been is after doing the Exum Route car to car in 13 hours.

I through hiked Vermont's long trail (273 miles) in 13 days when I was 17 with no training whatsoever (but a very light pack). I ruined a pair of shoes in the first 5 days, aggravated my knee so bad that I had to take 5 advil to stand up each morning, and tore a ligament in my finger when I fell on a wet rock. The hardest part though was knowing that each day was going to be just as hard as the last (right at my limit), but that I'd have less energy to draw on each morning when starting out and would therefore have to compensate mentally. Since then I've had much harder single day outings, but nothing nearly as sustained for as long as that.

I used to be into long distance speed/ultralight/w/e hiking, but after that trip, I realized it wasn't for me.

Passing a kidney stone

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    Getting outta bed the day after your father dies.

*buzzkill. I know I will regret posting that but I am sure some people can relate.
    I can relate. I was 17 y/o watching my father pass begging him not to die..
    I hope I have his courage and dignity when its my time.

The day after not so bad.. It's good to be young.

adventure climbing is probably the most tired i've ever been. mentally it is exhausting - "will this go?" "what if the next pitch is too hard?" "what if that cloud develops into a lightning storm?"

i've yet to do a "big wall" in terms of sleeping on the rock, but have done a few long day 10 to 15 pitch alpine climbs that just whip the shit out of you.

worst week of my life was probably when i had shingles.

a masters of architecture is pretty damn masochistic.

lost several very close friends and relatives in a short time span a few years back.

12 days of 30+ headwinds while cycling across the country was unnerving.

Quote Originally Posted by brice618 View Post

12 days of 30+ headwinds while cycling across the country was unnerving.
    Jesus, why bother riding? Camp somewhere and wait it out. Were you going East-to-West?

Windsurfing is not hard. Flying along on a plane and getting wrecked by a gust or a hole and getting slammed into the water and losing all your air and ending up under the sail upside down and tangled, still hooked in and unsure which way is up, that's hard. I developed an acute fear of drowning and had to stop. I still love sailing, but I don't windsurf no more.

College Football
    Freshman year as QB was the most mentally challenged I have ever been. Head coach rode me like a (inset text)
    Senior year 35lbs heavier as WR was a physical nightmare. Trash cans for puke were scattered all over the field.
    A woman reported to police at 6:30 p.m. that she was being "smart-mouthed."

Initial attack on wildfires that got away - as much as 36 hours straight (+/-) of pounding on the ground and crawling up and down hills in SoCal or Alaska or BFE...and puking (where's Yetiman?). Those were worse than 'shwacking out after skiing Mt Moran or failing on the Grand, so I had some good perspective on those jaunts.

That, or raising a daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    oooh, i feel for ya. how did that work out?

i did something similar, moved from florida to switzerland for a girl. didn't work out - bonus!
    HAHA!! Fuck!! I forgot about that one: "Bonus!"

SO FUNNY in the right context.

Wrestling practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Moeghoul View Post
    Passing a kidney stone
    +1000000

Tonight. Drank Mich Ultra while shooting fireworks.

In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    Tonight. Drank Mich Ultra while shooting fireworks.

Vibes++++++++Vibes
    We Make Memory When We Do Bussiness

Rooster Guest
    I've passed a kidney stone. That fucking hurts. I've also had a shoulder relocated without pain meds because I'm a dirt poor ski bum and didnt want to pay for the meds or the hotel I would have had to stay in for the night. The doc was a chick. I think she liked it.

Neither of these is a big deal to me. Just throwing it out there. Those ironman dudes and far east mountaineers endure more pain and suffering.

Thorung La Pass with AMS and unfit as hell.
    eating and sleeping is serious business

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Jesus, why bother riding? Camp somewhere and wait it out. Were you going East-to-West?
    Lubbock tx to vancouver bc. Wyoming is hell on earth for cyclists going that direction, atleast in the latter half of May. It wasn't so much the wind slowing you down (or knocking you over in a few cases), but the noise in your ears. It consumes you. Not riding didn't really seem like much of an option. Sitting around in Rawlins isn't exactly my idea of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Pillsbury View Post
    Not surprised that reading is difficult for you. I bet comprehending is even more difficult.
    Wow, really? You went there?
    Reading and writing come naturally to me. Reading regurgitated propaganda and conflicting nonsense does not.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    On purpose...Physically.
    What´s the hardest thing you´ve ever done? On purpose...Mentally.

My tenant clogged her toilet and called me to fix it. I could not plunge it free, so I pulled the toilet. When I went to dump the bowl in the shower, a poopy/piss infused bloody tampon oozed out the bottom and I had to jam a coat hanger into the toilet to fish out more nasty tampons along with the plastic applicators that the dumb bitch had been flushing. I have never in my life seen or smelled something that disgusting. That was my final straw on female tenants.

ACL rehab is fairly grueling. I'm on #3.
    As a snowboarder... i fucking hate snowboarders in general. -advres

Climbed the north ramp of Mt. Harvey in new touring boots and skis on my back. Very little skiing on the way down resulted in crippling foot pain.

In the Greatest Nation on this Amazing Planet
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    My tenant clogged her toilet and called me to fix it. I could not plunge it free, so I pulled the toilet. When I went to dump the bowl in the shower, a poopy/piss infused bloody tampon oozed out the bottom and I had to jam a coat hanger into the toilet to fish out more nasty tampons along with the plastic applicators that the dumb bitch had been flushing. I have never in my life seen or smelled something that disgusting. That was my final straw on female tenants.

Dude that was NASTY.
    How did you recover from such trauma?
    Quote Originally Posted by theshredder View Post
    i identify as a gay transexual

Did not need to read that one.

For me, I'd have to say 72 hours of halibut fishing off the south end of Kodiak with no rest. Got into the 100 pounders and laid in 100,000# with a four man crew. A gale blew in the last day, and we finished it out hauling gear in 20 footers.

There were a couple of days crabbing that came close, but that halibut trip was probably the hardest.
    Living vicariously through myself.