Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    and back to a couple days ago.....lance was on his own, no teammates, bad luck or not by the team....he has to have at least 1 or 2 guys with him like saxo/garmin/astana/bmc.
    LA flatted after the field had been split by crashes. Chris Horner in a trailing group with Ivan Basso, and Carlos Sastre, so to do work to bridge that gap would be helping other GC contenders. Kloden was in the front group where it was good to have a man for some small attempt to keep the pace down, and relay info. Janez Brakovic was doen from a crash. LA actually did have Popovich with him who buried himself for Lance.
    LA actually looked like pure shit on the cobbles, riding in the gutter the whole time. It was no wonder he flatted.
    Training for Alpental

I found it appaling they would put so many sharp turns so close to the finish line, it just doesn't seem fair, why would the race organizers be so foolish?

Yup, Cavendish isn't much of a sprinter...

^^^

We'll see how they look today. He is the fastest sprinter IF he gets the right lead out. For the majority of this season though, not just the TDF, that hasn't happened. The missing element has been Hincapie.
    All I want is to be hardcore.

www.tonystreks.com

^^^ Uhhh, the Manx MIssile won the stage, so I guess his leadout was OK

Graham Watson Photo from VeloNews.

Edit: Obviously, I'm not a sprinter.

Radio Shack and Columbia have made a deal. RS will help Columbia control the pace early in the sprint stages in exchange for help later in the mountains.

Getting good!
    "Buy the Fucking Plane Tickets!"
    -- Jack Tackle

Quote Originally Posted by telebobski View Post
    ^^^ Uhhh, the Manx MIssile won the stage, so I guess his leadout was OK
    Sounds like it was today. I hope they keep it up.

www.tonystreks.com

Where did you see that?

Quote Originally Posted by hitek79 View Post
    Sounds like it was today. I hope they keep it up.
    not really there was only 1 team mate left when he made the move but Cav pulled it off anyhow

yesturdays setup looked way better ...he just didnt get that job done

Ah, I haven't watched any of it today, just going by the news clip I read.

www.tonystreks.com

Has anyone seen the new commercial by Versus, "You vs. Them"? I think it's one of the best sports montages I've seen in a long, long time- it's a lot like DeNiro's speech in Any Given Sunday.

Team Sky is going to have some studs in the future between Edvald Boasson Hagen and Geraint Thomas. Hagen was a major coup in the fantasy league.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Has anyone seen the new commercial by Versus, "You vs. Them"? I think it's one of the best sports montages I've seen in a long, long time- it's a lot like DeNiro's speech in Any Given Sunday.
    pretty damn awesome, I've been trying to find that cover of 'One' since it aired.....still no luck.

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    too many beavers.

Cavendish crushed the field today. The head-on camera shots make it look close but the overhead helicopter shots showed that Cav had a couple of bike lengths on second place and several more on everyone else. The Columbia-HTC leadout train doesn't seem to be nearly as dominate—Renshaw was still tough—as they were last year with today looking like a repeat of yesterday, but Cav seems to have adjusted his game. All the big name sprinters were in position but it wasn't even close.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer View Post
    Radio Shack and Columbia have made a deal. RS will help Columbia control the pace early in the sprint stages in exchange for help later in the mountains.
    Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    Where did you see that?
    That's what Bill Strickland is saying - here.

Quote Originally Posted by ICEHOCEY77 View Post
    pretty damn awesome, I've been trying to find that cover of 'One' since it aired.....still no luck.

here's the short commercial:

damn, cav is fast

How possible is it for LA to make up the time gap to Contador? Would it wear him out too much?

not very possible. LA isn't much for attacking to begin with and I doubt seriously if Alberto throws the hammer down on a big climb that Lance could respond to mark him. Some type of team effort to help Lance get away and hopefully keep Alberto from getting to him. But Schleck and Evans and Wiggins are all ahead of him too.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    not very possible. LA isn't much for attacking to begin with. . .
    I have to go get a massage or I would dispute this part of your post (the rest of it was spot-on) with more evidence. Lance attacked his main rivals all the time. Here is some video of him wrecking Pantani and Ulrich, among others. . .

-- Jack Tackle

That was 10 years ago. He has old man legs now. I'll be suprised if he can get a podium spot. Third is probabaly best he can manage at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    That was 10 years ago. He has old man legs now. I'll be suprised if he can get a podium spot. Third is probabaly best he can manage at this point.
    I wasn't disputing that he isn't old as fuck, or would podium, just that he has a pretty good pedigree of attacking his rivals on the steeps. He didn't wheelsuck his way to 7 yellow jerseys.
    -- Jack Tackle

I should have been more clear.......yes, in the past he attacked and left everyone behind. I haven't seen anything from him this year that he is capable of attacking and getting away from everyone. (that guy is Contador) The best he can manage is hanging on to AC or AS and maybe getting away from a few guys.