Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast
Results 726 to 750 of 790
  1. #726
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,215
    Deep State on Epix: do not watch if you you like your endings neat and morally up-beat. Otherwise entertaining enough to watch both seasons 1 and 2 (note: 2 is better than 1, even though 1 has Mark Strong in it).

  2. #727
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    SE USA
    Posts
    2,017
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Heavy for sure. Iíll probably keep watching.
    I can see this going the way of JFC in a hurry. Just too fucking far out there to watch. + so many penis-is.
    "Can't you see..."

  3. #728
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    3

    Barry (HBO)

    The casting goes with Bill Hader, Anthony Carrigan, Henry Winkler,... you can see the rest on FB2Mate
    This series is talking about a hitman decides his true calling is acting, but can't seem to fully transition.
    Why it's great? Stefon is nowhere to be found in this dramedy created by Bill Hader and Silicon Valley showrunner Alec Berg in which the SNL alum plays an assassin who realizes he wants to be an actor. After a riveting first season, the second installment firmly establishes Barry as one of TV's best, most inventive shows.

  4. #729
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    2
    Vikings 5th season

  5. #730
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovallo View Post
    The casting goes with Bill Hader, Anthony Carrigan, Henry Winkler,... you can see the rest on FB2Mate
    This series is talking about a hitman decides his true calling is acting, but can't seem to fully transition.
    Why it's great? Stefon is nowhere to be found in this dramedy created by Bill Hader and Silicon Valley showrunner Alec Berg in which the SNL alum plays an assassin who realizes he wants to be an actor. After a riveting first season, the second installment firmly establishes Barry as one of TV's best, most inventive shows.
    Love this show. NoHo Hank is one of the best characters on TV and Hader kills it.

  6. #731
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    6,264
    Too lazy to search or read, but has "Baskets" made it in here. Goofy Zach Gallifinakus goodness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

  7. #732
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NCW
    Posts
    2,054
    Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Too lazy to search or read, but has "Baskets" made it in here. Goofy Zach Gallifinakus goodness.
    Yes just started this the other day. Louieís character is my favorite.

  8. #733
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    BoZone
    Posts
    405
    Heavily into "Peaky Blinders" at the moment.
    Buy the ticket...take the ride.

  9. #734
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    livin the dream
    Posts
    3,499
    The Loudest Voice - Russell Crow as Roger Ailes - just started on Showtime. Episode 1 was good; will continue to watch.

    Big Little Lies on HBO. Season two is great so far. Marketed as housewife drama but itís awesome, lives up to HBO standards.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

  10. #735
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4,850
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyBill View Post
    Heavily into "Peaky Blinders" at the moment.
    Great show.

    Subtitles definitely help.




    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  11. #736
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Central OR
    Posts
    4,927
    Los Espookys on HBO is brilliant. So many wtf moments; worth a watch.

  12. #737
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    21,268
    Don't know if it's been mentioned, but I just finished watching Dead to Me. I liked that show a good bit. But be warned, I saw it was labeled a comedy. It was really funny at moments, and the characters are quite witty and sarcastic. But fuck, that was a dark emotional train wreck of a show. Not a comedy.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

  13. #738
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Central OR
    Posts
    4,927
    ^^^Applegate is fantastic in that; wow.

  14. #739
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4,850
    Check out Fleabag. Itís really good, funny too.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  15. #740
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Alpental
    Posts
    3,466
    The Marvelous Ms Maisel is entertaining
    ďI have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.Ē

  16. #741
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    21,268
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    ^^^Applegate is fantastic in that; wow.
    Holy shit, yeah she was
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

  17. #742
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    under the hogback shadow
    Posts
    2,725
    Another Life on Netflix
    Half way through it. It's like a trainwreck that I can't look away from.
    Premise: Alien ship lands and Earth and sends a signal to a distant planet. Earth sends a crew to that planet to find out WTF.
    The train driver: US military calls up Starbuck from her retirement to command the mission.
    The train crew: The stupidest group of 27yr olds assembled for a space journey. You know they are going to run into trouble, but they never thought it would be themselves.
    The (multiple) train wrecks: Crew generally acts like a bunch of know-it-all children, and behave like children. (my wife constantly asks, "Don't they do any psychological testing of these idiots for mental fitness?") Crew mutinies and almost ends the mission before they start, wrecks ship. Crew lands on planet to scavenge for O2 and brings alien virus on board that infects crew. Crew lands on another planet in search of food / fresh water and doesn't check for any potential hostile life. Starbuck has her hands full trying to herd this menagerie of useless cats (if they don't kill her first )

    Can't wait to get through the rest of the episodes to see if these dumbshits can in anyway complete their mission.

    This is not a comedy. But, it is full of .....

    Name:  startrek-picard-facepalm-700x341.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  27.3 KB

  18. #743
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    slc
    Posts
    10,690
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Heavy for sure. I’ll probably keep watching.
    Did you watch the whole thing? Watched the pilot over the weekend and could see this playing out great or terrible.

  19. #744
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,215
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    Another Life on Netflix
    Half way through it. It's like a trainwreck that I can't look away from.
    Premise: Alien ship lands and Earth and sends a signal to a distant planet. Earth sends a crew to that planet to find out WTF.
    The train driver: US military calls up Starbuck from her retirement to command the mission.
    The train crew: The stupidest group of 27yr olds assembled for a space journey. You know they are going to run into trouble, but they never thought it would be themselves.
    The (multiple) train wrecks: Crew generally acts like a bunch of know-it-all children, and behave like children. (my wife constantly asks, "Don't they do any psychological testing of these idiots for mental fitness?") Crew mutinies and almost ends the mission before they start, wrecks ship. Crew lands on planet to scavenge for O2 and brings alien virus on board that infects crew. Crew lands on another planet in search of food / fresh water and doesn't check for any potential hostile life. Starbuck has her hands full trying to herd this menagerie of useless cats (if they don't kill her first )

    Can't wait to get through the rest of the episodes to see if these dumbshits can in anyway complete their mission.

    This is not a comedy. But, it is full of .....

    Name:  startrek-picard-facepalm-700x341.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  27.3 KB
    Excellent summary - I, however, didn't have the patience to get past the even finishing episode 2 before bailing. Waaaaaay too much 17 yer old dumb-assery.

  20. #745
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Midgaard
    Posts
    2,723
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Did you watch the whole thing? Watched the pilot over the weekend and could see this playing out great or terrible.
    Almost through it. Itís very good. Doesnít get much heavier really. The shock value maybe wears off a bit. Through episode 8 of Perpetual Grace Ltd. on Epix, such a great show.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  21. #746
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Truckee, CA
    Posts
    5,715
    TOO YOUNG TO DIE OLD (Amazon Prime)
    If you dug the last two films of Nicholas Winding Refn--Only God Forgives and The Neon Demon--then you may very well enjoy his 10-part mini-series Too Young To Die Old.
    It's visually stunning and weird.
    It has a strange juxtaposition of stiff, disaffected acting (the lead Miles Teller) mixed with severely over-the-top gonzo acting (William Baldwin, Hart Bochner), which gives it a tilted ambiance.
    Some of the episodes are really great, a couple are cringe-worthy, but overall it's an engrossing and off-kilter modern noir.
    The last episode is a bit frustrating (pretty much each entry is roughly 1 hour in length, but the final one is one 20-minutes) as it leaves everything hanging and completely up to the interpretation of the viewer. It feels like they were kind of setting up for a second series, but interviews I've read with Refn state that it's a "one-and-done".

    RIYL: Twin Peaks; Only God Forgives; The Neon Demon
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

    http://www.blizzardsportusa.com/

  22. #747
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Truckee, CA
    Posts
    5,715
    THE BOYS (Amazon Prime)
    If you have not read the source material (the 90-issue comic book series by Garth Ennis and Darick Robertson) and you like a fat slab of the good old ultra-violence and sex and drugs, then you may very well dig this series.
    They have taken vast liberties with the source material (some for the better, but most for the worse) and a few of the casting choices are off (Karl Urban, Jack Quaid, the Queen Maeve character, and a few others), but there's enough here to keep you interested if you are down with a superhero escapade that is the complete antithesis of the Marvel Universe (it's a bit more on the Deadpool side of the spectrum, but even more off-the-nuts violent and depraved).
    Word on the street is that they have already greenlit Season 2 (one would hope so since the final episode of Season 1 is a cliffhanger).
    Not great, mind you, but an entertainingly violent and disturbed look at the darker side of superhero life.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

    http://www.blizzardsportusa.com/

  23. #748
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Walpole NH
    Posts
    7,846
    Anyone else into Mindhunter? I love it. Season 2 coming soon.
    https://youtu.be/iZqsRDnzxUA
    crab in my shoe mouth

  24. #749
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,215
    'Bout f'ing time. I was beginning to think it had been dropped.

  25. #750
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,215
    Pennyworth (Epix): supposed to be a Batman prequel, but feels like something different enough to stand on it's own. Cheeky Brits, rollicking gore-fest, and intriguing alternate history. I'm pleased so far.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •