Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1337
    Really liked Bad Sisters at first, then began to just hate every body in it.

2 episodes into Last of Us and I am not impressed. Visuals cool at times but otherwise I am not getting the hype. I didn't really like Station 11, and it was better than this. I never even heard of the game, so I guess this is just not my thing.

Anyone have any 30 minute show recs? In that category I'm recalling we liked Catastrophe and Party Down and more recently Mr. Inbetween.

Took a little effort to get into Last of Us but now I’m hooked.

Willow, as requested by my tweens.

Just finished 1883 and liked it in spite of the stupid girl and her insufferable narration. For some reason I always have the urge to shit on Tim McGraw as an actor but he's got some chops and is way less annoying to me than Costner. Started 1923 and I'm 3 episodes in. Mirren and Ford are good but there's not much original in it so far. It's a lot of Legends of the Fall and some Out of Africa mixed in. I was liking the Africa storyline but the whole love affair part just seems so predictable. The original Yellowstone was good and these others have their moments but they're already running out of original material so I can't imagine them getting 2 more separate series out of the "Duttons/Yellowstone against the world" schtick.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Quote Originally Posted by Garbowski View Post
    Anyone have any 30 minute show recs? In that category I'm recalling we liked Catastrophe and Party Down and more recently Mr. Inbetween.
    Cunk on Earth. Mocumentary on Netflix, think Sir David Attenborough mashed up with Borat. Very deadpan and LOL funny.

We’ve been enjoying “Human Playground”
    skid luxury

Looking for new series to watch

I wasn’t sure about “The Last Of Us” at first but have enjoyed the last couple of episodes.

In the 30 minutes and funny category:

“Shrinking” is really good. More funny that I thought from the trailers. Harrison Ford is great in it.

“What We Do In The Shadows” is hilarious. I liked the movie and think the show is even better.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo View Post
    Just finished 1883 and liked it in spite of the stupid girl and her insufferable narration. For some reason I always have the urge to shit on Tim McGraw as an actor but he's got some chops and is way less annoying to me than Costner. Started 1923 and I'm 3 episodes in. Mirren and Ford are good but there's not much original in it so far. It's a lot of Legends of the Fall and some Out of Africa mixed in. I was liking the Africa storyline but the whole love affair part just seems so predictable. The original Yellowstone was good and these others have their moments but they're already running out of original material so I can't imagine them getting 2 more separate series out of the "Duttons/Yellowstone against the world" schtick.
    Yellowstone is like Dallas or Dynasty

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Between a rock and a soft place. Aberdare and The Brecon Beacons, Wales
    Drops of God

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1528274...2520of%2520god

On Apple

First two episodes done

Wish I could binge it

It's that good

Drops of God: good enough to keep me watching but the overblown emotional drama is starting to wear me down. Needs more wine geekery!

Also on Apple: Silo. Two episodes out - liking it. It's like a Snowpiercer but better - better realism, character development.
    Warning: if you hate dark settings i.e. low/minimal lighting, stay away.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Drops of God: good enough to keep me watching but the overblown emotional drama is starting to wear me down. Needs more wine geekery!

Also on Apple: Silo. Two episodes out - liking it. It's like a Snowpiercer but better - better realism, character development.
    Warning: if you hate dark settings i.e. low/minimal lighting, stay away.
    The Silo books were pretty cool, and just saw that trailer/intro the other day. Kinda curious to see how it translates

Just finished "Beef" on Netflix. Highly reviewed and definitely entertaining, but kinda ran off the rails the last couple of episodes.

Wife and I have an unwritten rule that as soon as a dead dad shows up a show is kinda played out. This one didn't have that, but out of nowhere had a pair of talking crows. Way worse than a dead dad.

Speaking of beef, we really enjoyed The Bear on Hulu, and they are expecting a second season soon I think.

Finally, as I don't really follow this thread, if you aren't watching Ted Lasso you should.

Amy Wong was surprisingly good in that. Not many comedians can pull off major acting roles like that.

I enjoyed the books and just started Silo on appletv+, pretty good start

the english was great
    shrinking was great

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    I enjoyed the books and just started Silo on appletv+, pretty good start

the english was great
    shrinking was great
    Gonna do a fliperoony and read the books after watching the show; then I can whine about how the books didn't stay true to the show.

Just watched the first episode of Washington Plumbers in HBO Max. It was outstanding.

https://youtu.be/QuKM2sTTmHg
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Just watched the first episode of Washington Plumbers in HBO Max. It was outstanding.

https://youtu.be/QuKM2sTTmHg
    I’m about to start it. Looks intriguing.

“No names were changed to protect the innocent. Because nearly everyone was guilty.”

Gonna do a fliperoony and read the books after watching the show; then I can whine about how the books didn't stay true to the show.
    I'm planning on doing that for The Expanse.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Any else into, Joe Pickett on Paramount+, it’s really good.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Yep. First season had its share of annoying flaws, but so far the second season is chargin'.

My oldest daughter has us watching A Small Light on Disney Plus and it's quite good. Like all Holocaust/WWII stories it is both extremely heartbreaking(partly because you know how it ends) and also uplifting as it reminds us that even in the face of mans inhumanity to man we can find the courage and compassion to standup.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I’ve learned that I can enjoy an adaptation more if I’m not familiar with the source material. If I’d read the Umbrella Academy before watching the series, I’d have been annoyed by the way they adapted it for the screen. But because I read the comics afterwards, I enjoyed both of them for what they were. (I think it took them until the third season to get the tone right. The comics are unhinged, and the series started off too slow and serious.)

That’s going to be my approach to Silo/Wool.

Quote Originally Posted by evasive_MT View Post
    I’ve learned that I can enjoy an adaptation more if I’m not familiar with the source material. If I’d read the Umbrella Academy before watching the series, I’d have been annoyed by the way they adapted it for the screen. But because I read the comics afterwards, I enjoyed both of them for what they were. (I think it took them until the third season to get the tone right. The comics are unhinged, and the series started off too slow and serious.)

That’s going to be my approach to Silo/Wool.
    The books were excellent.
    Where is the screen adaption?