Page 23 of 54 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    Yeah .... not sure what's up with Sundance but even in real time they don't show HD, at least on Comcast.

I don't remember it being a problem the first season. So I have to adjust the picture setting so the only way Liz doesn't look morbidly obese is to lose the outer parts of the frame. Kinda weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Between a rock and a soft place. Aberdare and The Brecon Beacons, Wales
    The Sinner = winner

Mr Mercedes
    Shit just got real

Happy (SyFi), debuting in December looks promising.

May be late to the party but

Start Up
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5028002/?ref_=nv_sr_2

i’m sure they’ve been said but my recent winners are:
    -mindhunter
    -ozark
    -peaky blinders
    -a few decent bbc murder dramas

Please expand on the BBC murder dramas; wife and I have been fans of such for a long time, but frustrated of late - tried to watch Vera but too much work.

Related reco: Doc Martin (warning: it's an acquired taste - wife was hooked immediately, but it took me almost three seasons).

I give Stranger Things 2 the thumbs up. It's not perfect but it's a good follow up and the show has developed a wry sense of humor about itself.

This show has been making lots of news back in UK for it's realism and gore.

HBO Acquires BBC Kit Harington Miniseries ‘Gunpowder’ for December Release

HBO has acquired the Kit Harington-led BBC One miniseries “Gunpowder” and plans to release the three-part drama in December, the premium cabler announced Tuesday.

The miniseries is based on the real 17th century “Gunpowder Plot,” in which a group of English Catholics led by Robert Catesby tried and failed to kill the King of England by blowing up the House of Lords. Harington stars as Catesby, who was a committed Catholic at a time when Protestant England persecuted Catholics relentlessly. The first episode will debut Dec. 18 at 10 p.m. ET/PT, followed by the other parts on the subsequent two nights at the same time.

“Three years ago, Daniel West and I conceived and began developing ‘Gunpowder’ with Kudos and Ronan Bennett,” said Harington. “We are now thrilled to share this unique story with the U.S. audience. I can’t think of a better place to do that than my home at HBO.”

Harington, who currently stars in HBO’s “Game of Thrones,” is a descendant of Catesby’s. He stars alongside Peter Mullan, Mark Gatiss, and Liv Tyler. Ronan Bennett served as writer with J. Blakeson directing. It was produced by Kudos–part of Endemol Shine Group–in association with Thriker Films, originally for BBC One.

“We are delighted to offer a platform for a project that is so close to Kit Harington’s heart,” says Kary Antholis, president of HBO miniseries and Cinemax programming. “Kit’s passion for and belief in ‘Gunpowder’ are evident in every frame of the miniseries.”

Executive producers on the project are Ollie Madden for Kudos, Matthew Read for the BBC, and Bennett. Harington and Daniel West are co-executive producers for Thriker Films. Laurie Borg produces. Endemol Shine International distributes the series internationally. The deal with HBO was struck by Matt Creasey, executive vice president of sales & acquisitions for Endemol Shine International.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Wait ...... I thought you hated GOT?!?!? Now you're pushing John Snow as a renegade catholic???? After he did in fact prove he knew something by getting engaged to whats-her-name (freckled red head, "you know nothing ......)??????

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Wait ...... I thought you hated GOT?!?!? Now you're pushing John Snow as a renegade catholic???? After he did in fact prove he knew something by getting engaged to whats-her-name (freckled red head, "you know nothing ......)??????
    Fact might be more entertaining than endless, plotless fiction?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Good point; I concede

I’ve been alternating between “Vice Principals” for fucked-up, crude comedy and “Wanted” for excellent crime drama these last couple of weeks. Both recommended.

blasted through the season of The Good Place and found it very funny. Kristen Bell has a great face for comedy . On network TV just missed it I guess.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Strike Back on Amazon, decent junk food binge

edit: watched three more episodes and couldn't take it anymore.
    Last edited by ticketchecker; 01-09-2018 at 07:18 AM.

Tin Star on Amazon has been pretty good through the first 5 episodes.

Black Mirror is back with another season. I really liked the season premiere.

Schitt Creek on is also pretty good for thoughtless laughs and great wardrobe ideas...

The most one I like is How I Met Your Mother

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is great. It seems like there's something laugh out loud funny in just about every episode.

Philip K. Dick's Electric Dreams on Amazon. I'm only halfway through both, but so far it makes Black Mirror look like Ray Bradbury Theater.

Not sure what that means - good? bad? apples=oranges??

Counterpart (Starz) - highest quality, superb plot, J.K. Simmons outdoes himself. Really, really good.

2 episodes into sinner. Wow. On USA no lesse. Last time I watched that network was for nightflight.
    "Can't you see..."

Black Mirror, total mind fuck
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Well this sucks. after 3 free comcast is charging $3 each for the remaining 5 episodes of Sinner. comcast you suck.
    "Can't you see..."