Page 40 of 54 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1337
    “The Widow “ on Amazon Prime, Kate Beckinsale isn’t a hot vampire in this series but still hot
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

“Raised by Wolves” on HBO starts slow, like old-school 70’s sci-fi. Atmospheric and arty. But by the end of episode one, things take a very strange turn. Recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    “Raised by Wolves” on HBO starts slow, like old-school 70’s sci-fi. Atmospheric and arty. But by the end of episode one, things take a very strange turn. Recommended.
    Did you watch the whole series? No spoiler, but I felt it didn't hold up to the promise the first episode or two offered. I made it through the whole thing because I'll give Ridley Scott the benefit of the doubt, but I was disappointed overall.

Also, I couldn't help but think that the Mithraic costumes were leftover from Kingdom of Heaven... (Crusades movie by Scott)
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I finally started watching Black Mirror on Netflix. This is excellent. Dark, twisted, each episode stands on its own like a short movie.
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Did you watch the whole series? No spoiler, but I felt it didn't hold up to the promise the first episode or two offered. I made it through the whole thing because I'll give Ridley Scott the benefit of the doubt, but I was disappointed overall.

Also, I couldn't help but think that the Mithraic costumes were leftover from Kingdom of Heaven... (Crusades movie by Scott)
    I’m on episode 6 or 7; still entertained enough to continue. I think it just got renewed for a second season.

The costumes are a bit silly. I remember an old series in Heavy Metal from the early 80’s about space-faring crusaders; they looked very much like the Mithraic. Might be an homage? Or just lazy?

70s sci-fi, huh? Perhaps that's a good lens from which to view with. I haven't seen it yet, but gathering from what some have told me, so many people today have come to expect a Marvel or Michael Bay-esque ADD film experience. I'll certainly give it a shot. Always been a Ridley Scott fan.

I finally started watching Black Mirror on Netflix. This is excellent. Dark, twisted, each episode stands on its own like a short movie.
    Indeed. Most excellent. Some REALLY have you wrestling with your own feelings on them, which is good storytelling IMO. Almost Shakespearean.

Overall a fantastic series. After you wrap up Black Mirror, be sure to check out "Philip K. Dick's Electric Dreams" on Amazon Prime. It's another anthology sci-fi series based on some of Dick's short stories. Kind of like a lower budget Black Mirror, but I still enjoyed that one a lot too. A few big name actors in there to watch out for.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Indeed. Most excellent. Some REALLY have you wrestling with your own feelings on them, which is good storytelling IMO. Almost Shakespearean.

Overall a fantastic series. After you wrap up Black Mirror, be sure to check out "Philip K. Dick's Electric Dreams" on Amazon Prime. It's another anthology sci-fi series based on some of Dick's short stories. Kind of like a lower budget Black Mirror, but I still enjoyed that one a lot too. A few big name actors in there to watch out for.
    Thanks, I'll check that out on Prime.

Doom Patrol on HBOmax. 2 seasons available. Sort of a comedic Umbrella Academy.
    There is a quirky old guy, "The Chief", living in a mansion that collects odd people with super(ish?) powers. Which include a 1950's actress that turns into a blob, a 1960's test pilot that has a radioactive space ghost living in him, a woman with 64 different personalities which have different powers, a robot that houses the brain of a 1980 NASCAR driver (now you know what happened to Brendan Fraser), and Cyborg from Justice League joins in.
    The story is sort of narrated by the evil Mr Nobody that somehow can navigate through dimensions. At times he controls the story and breaks the 4th wall. With this story telling element in the mix, the story can just about go anywhere.
    The show does not take itself too seriously. There is much comedic references to the team being useless outcasts, except for Cyborg (real superhero!). The bulk of the first season is spent on the backstories and how each person comes to terms with the "powers" they never wanted. All while trying to find The Chief that was kidnapped by Mr Nobody. There is also the obligatory bad govt group, the Bureau of Normalcy, that is trying to destroy or imprison anyone that isn't normal. (LGBTQ, etc)

Vikings has returned to Amazon prime with new episodes including series finale.… Excited!
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Just finished 5 seasons of the wire. Such a classic.

Anybody seen The Undercovers? Subtitles and dubbiing, German??, pretty good 2 episodes in.

“Lupin” on Netflix is worth a view. We binged 3 episodes tonight; a twisty bond/bourne-esque mystery. Cheesy at times, but it really draws you in.

Between a rock and a soft place. Aberdare and The Brecon Beacons, Wales
    “Lupin” on Netflix is worth a view. We binged 3 episodes tonight; a twisty bond/bourne-esque mystery. Cheesy at times, but it really draws you in.
    I'm really enjoying it

Wentworth is f**king great
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Just started Cable Girls on Netflix. It has a lot of the same actors as money heist. I will give it a shot.

+1

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

+1
    Watched all episodes. Very fun series. Weird lip syncing though.

I stumbled upon and then into The Musketeers.
    It's a BBC series from 2014 with three 10 episode seasons currently streaming on Prime.
    Super soap opery, but I am a sucker for period dramas and opulent costumes.
    The fight sequences aren't too shaby, either.
    I do find it funny/ironic that it's set in Paris, but all the actors have crisp British accents.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Lone Star Law

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    I do find it funny/ironic that it's set in Paris, but all the actors have crisp British accents.
    That phenomenon always cracked me up. Also seems to be common in movies/shows that take place in ancient Rome, Egypt, etc. Sometimes it's simply due to the actors just using their native accents (totally fine by me), but sometimes it's an American actor with a fake British accent. Then it's just forced and kind of hilarious.

Rocco Schiavone: Ice Cold Murders
    I stumbled upon this well-crafted Italian series this week.
    Season 1 is directed by Michele Soavi, a disciple of Dario Argento, so there is lots of visual flair and nods to giallo.
    The cast is great and the writing is crisp and filled with oddball humor and a wonderful sense of nuance.
    It is apparently based on a series of Italian novels and the author appears to be the main script writer, so I am thinking that it is close to the source material, but have no clue.
    If you dig quirky procedurals teeming with macabre undertones, dark humor, and well rounded characters, this is worth a gander.
    S1 for free on Prime, but S2 and S3 require a subscription...
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Lupin is great. Like a more believable French Oceans 11 in 45 minute chunks.

I finally started watching Black Mirror on Netflix.
    San Junapero stunningly original boy are you in for a treat there.

Overall undenibly a great, great series, but damn it's dark and depressing.
    "Can't you see..."

Sorry if already covered 4 epsisodes into The Morning Show/apple TV. A++

and sTezus H. Christ Anniston is just smokin hot. Into her 50s
    "Can't you see..."