Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Definitely not new, but currently I am watching Rake. It is the story of a drugged up wild but brilliant Australian criminal defense barrister, his life and cases. Hilarious as fack. If you have an already seen it, it is definitely worth a shot
    Yeah, that show is a winner.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Homecoming Season 2 (Prime)
    Vastly different than the first season, both in structure and ambiance.
    I honestly put off watching it as I felt they really didn't need to do a second season since the first was so strange and ended rather nicely.
    But S2 is solid, a bit more mainstream in terms of the storytelling, but engaging and just enough off-kilter to keep your interest.

The Fall (Prime)
    S1 (6 eps) is great, if you can get past Gillian Anderson's weak Loneon accent.
    S2 and the first 2/3 of S3 falter, but the final episode is powerful and the ending of the series is solid, leaving room for quite a bit of interpretation on the part of the viewer.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

http://www.blizzardsportusa.com/

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post

The Fall (Prime)
    S2 and the first 2/3 of S3 falter, but the final episode is powerful and the ending of the series is solid, leaving room for quite a bit of interpretation on the part of the viewer.
    She grew up in London.

Her accent is just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Chuckle

I watch star trek next generation with my kids while I cook them dinner.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Raised by Wolves on HBO Max is pretty awesome so far. Iím 2 episodes in.

Ridley Scott. Kind of a Prometheus mixed with Dr Manhattan vibe.
    Just finished episode 5. Enjoying the premise despite the slow pace. Being a Scott fan helps. Really hoping they flesh out the ecology backstory of the planet properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluff View Post
    Killing Eve. Hulu. Cross between The Americans and Dexter.

Eight episodes in. Really good.
    We've enjoyed it. Sandra Oh and Fiona Shaw are perfect.

Challenger the last ride on Netflix was amazing.

Looking for new series to watch

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    Just finished episode 5. Enjoying the premise despite the slow pace. Being a Scott fan helps. Really hoping they flesh out the ecology backstory of the planet properly.
    Name:  IMG_1701.JPG
Views: 512
Size:  17.4 KB

Mother approves.

Last edited by AK47bp; 09-20-2020 at 11:42 AM.

Between a rock and a soft place. Aberdare and The Brecon Beacons, Wales

Mother approves.

Me too. Think it's building nicely.

Long Way Up on Apple TV is pretty good.

Ewen McGregor and a buddy drive electric motorcycles from tip of South America to LA.

There are also 2 prototype Rivians along for the ride. Pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=611fw81BN98

Iím pretty excited for that. Long Way Round was really good. Long Way Down not quite as good but still a good watch.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    Iíve been binging on 3% on Netflix. Brazilian distopia where 3% of the ghetto dwelling 20yr olds get a chance to live on paradise island for life. Obviously, this creates dissent in the ghetto.

Good looking cast. Very well dubbed. Just wish there was more nudity.

If you like young adult angst in a desolate future, check it out. 4 seasons.

on season 2 right now and it's excellent. really well done. so far it's only getting better

the documentary series The Vow about the NXIVM cult (which apparently was a few miles from where I grew up!) is pretty fucking wild lol

Utopia on Amazon Prime.
    Comic book hiding secrets of sinister plot to release deadly viruses. Gratuitous murders. Comic book nerds trying to survive their fantasy come true.
    Every time you think thereís a moment to relax, you get kicked in the face with another killing or torture.

Mother approves.

So much potential but ...... ending sucked. Turns out, the whole planet is an ass they just keep pulling mutant rabbits out of. I may never watch another R. Scott production again.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    So much potential but ...... ending sucked. Turns out, the whole planet is an ass they just keep pulling mutant rabbits out of. I may never watch another R. Scott production again.
    Yea. It came in so strong. First 3 episodes then just got whacky

Ratcheted on Netflix. Almost ended up binge watching it in one sitting, but it was getting towards 3AM, so I forced myself to save some for later. Supposed to be a prequel of the Nurse Ratchet character of ďOne Flew Over The Cuckooís Nestď. Not sure it fits entirely, but an interesting series.

Ted Lasso is kinda corny, but not over the top. And it is something the wife and I can agree on for bonus points.

Just finished S2 of The Deuce, and it is getting pretty good with expanded storylines.

Homecoming Season 2 (Prime)
    Vastly different than the first season, both in structure and ambiance.
    I honestly put off watching it as I felt they really didn't need to do a second season since the first was so strange and ended rather nicely.
    But S2 is solid, a bit more mainstream in terms of the storytelling, but engaging and just enough off-kilter to keep your interest.

The Fall (Prime)
    The Fall is a great show that very few people I know have watched. Yes, the final episode is a WTF. and the main character is the guy in the 50 Shades movie.

Between a rock and a soft place. Aberdare and The Brecon Beacons, Wales
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Ted Lasso is kinda corny, but not over the top.
    Loved it

Nordic, scandinavian, and finnish noir shows are the shit. If you can do the subtitles, I highly recommend. My favorite such series are as follows.
    1. Bordertown - Netflix
    2. The Bridge / Broen - Prime, Hulu maybe?
    3. Valhalla Murders - Netflix
    4. Deadwind - Netflix
    5. Trapped - Prime
    6. Wallander - prime
    7. The Killing - Impossible to find the Danish version but it is worth it.
    8. Black Spot

There are more that I can't think of off the top of my head but I cannot recommend these series enough. Far superior to most any american and british shows in my opinion. They are sorta hard to follow at times, as they often contain multiple storylines with seemingly no connection. Those Euro babes are so subtly sexy, too.
    In the room the women come and go
    Talking of Michelangelo

Probably not deserving of its own thread, but this looks oddly fascinating too me

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    Nordic, scandinavian, and finnish noir shows are the shit. If you can do the subtitles, I highly recommend. My favorite such series are as follows.
    1. Bordertown - Netflix
    2. The Bridge / Broen - Prime, Hulu maybe?
    3. Valhalla Murders - Netflix
    4. Deadwind - Netflix
    5. Trapped - Prime
    6. Wallander - prime
    7. The Killing - Impossible to find the Danish version but it is worth it.
    8. Black Spot

There are more that I can't think of off the top of my head but I cannot recommend these series enough. Far superior to most any american and british shows in my opinion. They are sorta hard to follow at times, as they often contain multiple storylines with seemingly no connection. Those Euro babes are so subtly sexy, too.
    Thanks for the recs, although Black Spot is a French/Belgian production, not Scandinavian.
    I binged the first season and really enjoyed it, both in terms of looks (The French and Belgian director's and cinematographers just have a very distinct and cool eye) and story.

I dug the AMC version of The Killing. Your remark about the original being hard to find is part of a larger problem/beef I have with the American remakes of foreign series: it usually becomes impossible to find the original series outside of their home countries once they get remade, which is a shame.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

http://www.blizzardsportusa.com/

Thanks for the recs, although Black Spot is a French/Belgian production, not Scandinavian.
    You almost got me, but look at the first word of my post. No, Black Spot is not Scandinavian Noir, but it is Nordic Noir.

It was through Bordertown that I learned Finland is, in fact, not Scandinavian. I had no idea.

I loved the AMC Killing as well and I agree, that is typically what happens with remakes. Another example is Wallander. the British version is at your fingertips but you've got to dig to find original.
    In the room the women come and go
    Talking of Michelangelo