Page 35 of 54 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast
    I started “The Americans” on Prime.....only 2 episodes in....not sure yet.

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    It’s soooo good.

Wow. Great show.

I’m jealous you get to watch it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Looking for new series to watch

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Wow. Great show.

I’m jealous you get to watch it.

With the last two replies, I’m assuming it sucks.....lol. It is kinda old...but figured I’d give it a shot...for a few more episodes..

The Americans is pretty great. For serious.
    focus.

Agreed on The Americans. It gets kinda slow at times, but is a good watch,

The Americans and Halt and Catch Fire.

IMO both are better than Mad Men.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    The Americans and Halt and Catch Fire.

IMO both are better than Mad Men.
    Agree

The wife and I just finished watching The Spy with Sacha Cohen and both thought it was excellent.

S3 of Norsemen drops on Netflix today.

Between a rock and a soft place. Aberdare and The Brecon Beacons, Wales
    Dummy was amusing

Absentia on Prime was a mindfuck. Finished S1 and there is more so I’m in.
    4 eps in on The Americans. Thumbs up.

I've started watching Person of Interest, currently on Netflix. It's a somewhat pulpy near-future sci-fi surveillance state action crime drama, centering on an ex-special forces guy, sort of a washed out Jason Bourne, who teams up with a geek billionaire who happens to have personally developed the NSA-on-steroids system that analyzes the glut of data that's constantly swept up (email and telecom tracking is ubiquitous, as are public cameras and microphones, with facial recognition and tracking capabilities) in order to predict crimes; he has a limited back-door into it. The super-NSA system turns out not to care about vast categories of crime, such as police corruption and all sorts of other violent sleazebaggery. Our two heroes decide that they do care about those crimes, which they address using their combined superpowers of tech wizardry and ass kicking.

From my description, you can probably gather that there's some suspension of disbelief necessary here. But it's very well done and a satisfying watch. I'm going to stick with it for a while.

Hulu has somegreat series right now. I’m surprised.

Blowing Netflix out of the water.

High Fidelity
    Futureman
    Wu-Tang American Story.

There are more too.

we’ve been enjoying watching all the “Alone” seasons. basically survivalists try to last the longest in locations like vancouver island, patagonia. no film crews but they’re required to film themselves and they have some basic survival gear.

some are on hulu, some on amazon prime and then the current 7th season is airing on the history channel now.

we started with season 6 and you don’t necessarily need to go in order but they invite former participants for a couple seasons so that does give spoilers but still suspenseful and sucks you in. some of the shelters and other stuff they make is amazing
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Pleasantly surprised by HBO's Perry Mason. Mediocre reviews led me to low expectations, which have been easily exceeded. Apparently the biggest problem for reviewers is that it's mistitled - it in no way is actually related to the books e.g. Perry was never a detective in the books. Nit pickers picking nits.

Spoiler alert:

edit: turns out it's a true prequel/back story depicting how Perry becomes the lawyer we all know and love.
    I really like the series. Didn't know about the bad reviews. I will say, it is a bit slow in parts. Getting good now that he is a "real" lawyer though.

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Cursed on Netflix is really good. Pre-Arthur becoming king sort of fantasy. Not sure if there were any books this is based off of, or if it is a total reimagining of how the sword came to be Arthur's. My kids loved it. The rating is hysterical. Not sure what they rated it, but it sites Gore, Violence, and Smoking. My kids love to say that the gore and violence didn't bother them, but the smoking...
    We saw one guy smoke a pipe I think. Pretty weird that they would even mention it.

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    we’ve been enjoying watching all the “Alone” seasons. basically survivalists try to last the longest in locations like vancouver island, patagonia. no film crews but they’re required to film themselves and they have some basic survival gear.

some are on hulu, some on amazon prime and then the current 7th season is airing on the history channel now.

we started with season 6 and you don’t necessarily need to go in order but they invite former participants for a couple seasons so that does give spoilers but still suspenseful and sucks you in. some of the shelters and other stuff they make is amazing
    It kinda helps to start at the beginning. Every season the new cast studies the prior casts and their successes and failures and then builds upon that.

The dude this season that killed a musk ox with a knife is a fucking badass.

Started Umbrella Academy based on a rec from one of my soccer players.....only 1 episode in....not bad, we’ll see where it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Cursed on Netflix is really good. Pre-Arthur becoming king sort of fantasy. Not sure if there were any books this is based off of, or if it is a total reimagining of how the sword came to be Arthur's. My kids loved it. The rating is hysterical. Not sure what they rated it, but it sites Gore, Violence, and Smoking. My kids love to say that the gore and violence didn't bother them, but the smoking...
    We saw one guy smoke a pipe I think. Pretty weird that they would even mention it.
    Dagnabit; you were headed in the right direction with Perry Mason, and then took wrong turn with Cursed. Really disliked Cursed, but admittedly mostly because I was blindsided by the stealth YA classification. That really needs to be incorporated into the movie rating system, so us cloud screamers can avoid such horror.

Started Umbrella Academy based on a rec from one of my soccer players.....only 1 episode in....not bad, we’ll see where it goes.

I'm midway through season one and am pleasantly surprised.
    Good use of music.
    Very strange storyline.

It gets ...... stranger.

I found the truth when I read your post, thank

Check out netflix Dracula

^^^^^^Dude....on your rec, I watched ep.1 of Dracula tonight.....damn, awesome!