Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34
    If House was funny, he would at least cancel out that annoyance

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    The New Pope on HBO. Amazing, both outrageous and subtle, fantastic writing and stunning cinematography. Many layers and plenty of tits. Malkovich kicks ass. Iím hooked.
    Big Malkovich fan. Do you need to watch The Young Pope first?

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeRidges View Post
    Big Malkovich fan. Do you need to watch The Young Pope first?
    I haven't. I didn't find it hard to pick up.
    And I guess that I just don't know

I have been watching GOGOL on Prime.
    It's a Russian series that mixes vintage Sherlock Holmes with Edgar Allen Poe; it's a slick, gothic delight.
    FWIW, cursory digging on the Webz revealed that the titular character is a fictional representation of one Nikolai Gogol, who was, more or less, Russia's answer to Poe...

Apparently, the season they have on Prime is the first in a 3-season collection, all of which were initially shown in theaters in Russia (and were very popular).

"Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

http://www.blizzardsportusa.com/

I dove into the first episode of this last night.
    A strange mixture of spy thriller, alternative history, and sci-fi/comic book pulp adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    I dove into the first episode of this last night.
    A strange mixture of spy thriller, alternative history, and sci-fi/comic book pulp adventure.

Watched the 1st episode and 1/2 and can't tell if I like it yet. The premise sounds great and the interview I heard with the writer had me excited but it's kind of slow so far and the mash-up of styles makes it feel kind of off balance sometimes. Although to be fair I was tired and nodding off during the second episode.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I have been watching GOGOL on Prime.
    It's a Russian series that mixes vintage Sherlock Holmes with Edgar Allen Poe; it's a slick, gothic delight.
    FWIW, cursory digging on the Webz revealed that the titular character is a fictional representation of one Nikolai Gogol, who was, more or less, Russia's answer to Poe...

Apparently, the season they have on Prime is the first in a 3-season collection, all of which were initially shown in theaters in Russia (and were very popular).

Curious about this - how is it? I've watched a few Russian TV shows (wifey is a ruski) and generally, they're good but they often suffer from mediocre acting and low-ish SFX budgets. Good writing though.

In that vein, I would recommend 'Better than Us' on Netflix, a dystopian Russian drama about a world where human-like robots are changing the workforce and social landscape of the world. Really, pretty well done.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    New season of Better Call Saul is on Netflix, and a new season of Narcos Mexico is arriving soon too.

Modern Love on Amazon is really well done.

Kominsky Method on Netflix too. Alan Arkin and Michael Douglas.
    Best quote of Season 4: "S'all Good, man".
    ďA society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.Ē
    ― Milton Friedman

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    War of the Worlds is off to a good start.
    Yep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Ragnorok on Netflix starting Hunters on Amazon
    ďI have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.Ē

Netflix Series

You can watch Stranger Things. Season 4 is about to be released soon!

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Curious about this - how is it? I've watched a few Russian TV shows (wifey is a ruski) and generally, they're good but they often suffer from mediocre acting and low-ish SFX budgets. Good writing though.

In that vein, I would recommend 'Better than Us' on Netflix, a dystopian Russian drama about a world where human-like robots are changing the workforce and social landscape of the world. Really, pretty well done.
    2nd Better Than Us
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo View Post
    Watched the 1st episode and 1/2 and can't tell if I like it yet. The premise sounds great and the interview I heard with the writer had me excited but it's kind of slow so far and the mash-up of styles makes it feel kind of off balance sometimes. Although to be fair I was tired and nodding off during the second episode.
    feeling the same way, is the pay off worth all this tedium?

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    feeling the same way, is the pay off worth all this tedium?

I personally dug the genre mash-ups in HUNTERS.
    The only episode that I felt was weak was Ep. 8.
    9 & 10 cooked and I felt the ending of Season 1/set-up for Season 2 was bravura nuttso cool.

RIYL
    Iron Sky; Danger 5; Man in the High Castle; The Boys From Brazil; Inglourious Bastards...

I personally dug the genre mash-ups in HUNTERS.
    The only episode that I felt was weak was Ep. 8.
    9 & 10 cooked and I felt the ending of Season 1/set-up for Season 2 was bravura nuttso cool.

RIYL
    Iron Sky; Danger 5; Man in the High Castle; The Boys From Brazil; Inglourious Bastards...
    I liked it too. It will be interesting to see where it goes in the next season without one of the main characters from this season.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

watch Better Call Saul, The Witcher, Messiah and Kingdom season 2 on Netflix

Bump. Whatcha got? Anything new thatís good? Outsider is amazing. 90-day fiancť is a fucking trainwreck.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I started watching Miracle Workers the last couple of days. Itís really enjoyable.

I mentioned it earlier while it was still putting out weekly episodes, McMillions is really good. Relatively straightforward fraud but there’s some interesting characters on both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    I was ready to give up after the first episode, but stuck it out. It gets better; not great, by any means- more like a Black Mirror episode extended to a full season. Glad I stuck it out; you might want to revisit when youíre bored and your movie queue is empty. ;-)

The book itís based on goes far beyond this first season; Iím curious to see how they make the next season work. If they stick to the book, itís gonna be dark as fuck.
    Just started the book. Having as much trouble getting into it as I did the series...It has taken me 2 days to read 60 pages!

😁

Peaky Blinders, Stranger Things, Sex Education, Riverdale are pretty good. I don't really watch a lot of series, because it's grabbing and after spending the whole day in front of the TV I just starting to blame myself that I've wasted my time.

Unortodox is worth to watch

Jumping the Trollbot here...

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post

I enjoyed it. But you more or less nailed some of the aspects on the head in regards to lower-end FX. I found the acting decent and the story engaging, albeit a bit predictable.
    It is like Edgar Allen Poe if he were an X-Files agent.
    I am down for Seasons 2 and 3 if they ever make it to Prime.

Hightown (Starz) anyone? Lotsa variable sex, thicc NE coast accents, could use some more violence ......
    RT critics consider it moderately good but audience not so much - assume NE coasters are pissed at being shown as such jerks??