Page 34 of 54 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Curious about this - how is it? I've watched a few Russian TV shows (wifey is a ruski) and generally, they're good but they often suffer from mediocre acting and low-ish SFX budgets. Good writing though.

In that vein, I would recommend 'Better than Us' on Netflix, a dystopian Russian drama about a world where human-like robots are changing the workforce and social landscape of the world. Really, pretty well done.
    2nd Better Than Us
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo View Post
    Watched the 1st episode and 1/2 and can't tell if I like it yet. The premise sounds great and the interview I heard with the writer had me excited but it's kind of slow so far and the mash-up of styles makes it feel kind of off balance sometimes. Although to be fair I was tired and nodding off during the second episode.
    feeling the same way, is the pay off worth all this tedium?

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    feeling the same way, is the pay off worth all this tedium?

I personally dug the genre mash-ups in HUNTERS.
    The only episode that I felt was weak was Ep. 8.
    9 & 10 cooked and I felt the ending of Season 1/set-up for Season 2 was bravura nuttso cool.

RIYL
    Iron Sky; Danger 5; Man in the High Castle; The Boys From Brazil; Inglourious Bastards...
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    I personally dug the genre mash-ups in HUNTERS.
    The only episode that I felt was weak was Ep. 8.
    9 & 10 cooked and I felt the ending of Season 1/set-up for Season 2 was bravura nuttso cool.

RIYL
    Iron Sky; Danger 5; Man in the High Castle; The Boys From Brazil; Inglourious Bastards...
    I liked it too. It will be interesting to see where it goes in the next season without one of the main characters from this season.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

watch Better Call Saul, The Witcher, Messiah and Kingdom season 2 on Netflix

Bump. Whatcha got? Anything new that’s good? Outsider is amazing. 90-day fiancé is a fucking trainwreck.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I started watching Miracle Workers the last couple of days. It’s really enjoyable.

I mentioned it earlier while it was still putting out weekly episodes, McMillions is really good. Relatively straightforward fraud but there’s some interesting characters on both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    I was ready to give up after the first episode, but stuck it out. It gets better; not great, by any means- more like a Black Mirror episode extended to a full season. Glad I stuck it out; you might want to revisit when you’re bored and your movie queue is empty. ;-)

The book it’s based on goes far beyond this first season; I’m curious to see how they make the next season work. If they stick to the book, it’s gonna be dark as fuck.
    Just started the book. Having as much trouble getting into it as I did the series...It has taken me 2 days to read 60 pages!

😁

Peaky Blinders, Stranger Things, Sex Education, Riverdale are pretty good. I don't really watch a lot of series, because it's grabbing and after spending the whole day in front of the TV I just starting to blame myself that I've wasted my time.

Unortodox is worth to watch

Jumping the Trollbot here...

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Curious about this - how is it? I've watched a few Russian TV shows (wifey is a ruski) and generally, they're good but they often suffer from mediocre acting and low-ish SFX budgets. Good writing though.

In that vein, I would recommend 'Better than Us' on Netflix, a dystopian Russian drama about a world where human-like robots are changing the workforce and social landscape of the world. Really, pretty well done.
    I enjoyed it. But you more or less nailed some of the aspects on the head in regards to lower-end FX. I found the acting decent and the story engaging, albeit a bit predictable.
    It is like Edgar Allen Poe if he were an X-Files agent.
    I am down for Seasons 2 and 3 if they ever make it to Prime.

Hightown (Starz) anyone? Lotsa variable sex, thicc NE coast accents, could use some more violence ......
    RT critics consider it moderately good but audience not so much - assume NE coasters are pissed at being shown as such jerks??

Little Fires Everywhere on HULU is pretty dang powerful
    Great soundtrack. Compelling drama
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

been getting into Schitt's creek. proably been mentioned earlier but I don't give a shit. Edit schitt. pretty funny. Just starting 2nd season.
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    been getting into Schitt's creek. proably been mentioned earlier but I don't give a shit. Edit schitt. pretty funny. Just starting 2nd season.
    Schitt's Creek is hilarious. And it gets better in the later seasons.

“Trying” on Apple TV is good.

Very similar to “Breeders” which was good.

The Boys on Prime is really good. Two episodes into. Hooked me quick. Not your typical super hero show.

Ozark season 3 incredibly good

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

On netflix chek out " The Death of Stalin " off the charts funny
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

You, Unothodox

Pleasantly surprised by HBO's Perry Mason. Mediocre reviews led me to low expectations, which have been easily exceeded. Apparently the biggest problem for reviewers is that it's mistitled - it in no way is actually related to the books e.g. Perry was never a detective in the books. Nit pickers picking nits.

Spoiler alert:

edit: turns out it's a true prequel/back story depicting how Perry becomes the lawyer we all know and love.
    Last edited by PB; 07-04-2020 at 02:02 PM.

Check out "The Capture" on "The 'Cock): 3 episodes in and liking it; very clean and professional, plot line sufficiently devious but not terribly confusing.

High Fidelity on Hulu ain’t bad.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Check out "The Capture" on "The 'Cock): 3 episodes in and liking it; very clean and professional, plot line sufficiently devious but not terribly confusing.
    Currently watching Brave New World, The Capture will be next.

Waiting on the umbrella club end of this month, Netflix