Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    True Blood
    Mad Men
    The Tudors

Arrested Development - funniest show ever made hands down. Watch at least the first 3 episodes as the first episode by itself isnt that funny.

it hard to do a youtube clip of how funny it is to outsiders because the funny comes from multi layer caked gags, witty one liners and just absurd situations

Quote Originally Posted by Meanfruit View Post
    Big Bang Theory
    Mad Men
    Soprano's
    Corner Gas
    Trailer Park Boys
    Big bang theory & corner gas FTW

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_iEY9pSHT0"]YouTube- Big Bang Theory minus laughter.[/nomedia]

the wire
    mad men
    deadwood
    the shield
    lonesome dove miniseries

arrested development
    the office (original british version)
    extras (another Ricky Gervais show)

doughboyshredder Guest
    Holy shit deadwood is off the hook. One of the better series I have watched. Certain characters turn my stomach, while some I empathize with much more than normal series' characters. Excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
    Whats the deal with Deadwood seems like it got a ton of recs
    Just FUCKING watch it, Cocksucker! IMHO the best show HBO ever did - along with Rome but that was a BBC co-production... including The Sopranos [/duck]

Totally enthralled by Spartacus: Blood & Sand right now. Produced by Sam Raimi, BTW. Also would recommend Firefly if you like SciFi.

If you can get over how awful Anna Paquin's character (and acting, but that's the Director's fault) is then True Blood is actually very entertaining - especially since you get to see her titties just about every episode. Jason Stackhouse and Eric Northman are my two favorite characters, but the young vampire Jessica is quickly rising in the ranks.

doughboyshredder Guest
    deadwood's almost too much.

middle of season 2. fuck me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Just FUCKING watch it, Cocksucker! IMHO the best show HBO ever did - along with Rome but that was a BBC co-production... including The Sopranos [/duck]

Totally enthralled by Spartacus: Blood & Sand right now. Produced by Sam Raimi, BTW. Also would recommend Firefly if you like SciFi.

If you can get over how awful Anna Paquin's character (and acting, but that's the Director's fault) is then True Blood is actually very entertaining - especially since you get to see her titties just about every episode. Jason Stackhouse and Eric Northman are my two favorite characters, but the young vampire Jessica is quickly rising in the ranks.

Deadwood is the greatest series HBO ever did? have you seen the Wire??

dont get me wrong deadwood is great... but did you watch season 3??
    Perhaps you'd be more comfortable on epicski or Paula's Ski Lovers, AltaNancy.

For my money absolutely. The Wire was very very good (as was the Sopranos) but maybe I'm just kinda done with shows about "life on the mean streets of XXXX."

To each their own.

For my money absolutely. The Wire was very very good (as was the Sopranos) but maybe I'm just kinda done with shows about "life on the mean streets of XXXX."

To each their own.
    XXXX=Baltimore. The Wire is top notch but Homicide did the Baltimore thing first. I can't stand Arrested Development. It was funny at first but every episode eventually seemed the same, same jokes, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    XXXX=Baltimore. The Wire is top notch but Homicide did the Baltimore thing first. I can't stand Arrested Development. It was funny at first but every episode eventually seemed the same, same jokes, etc...
    I know it's Baltimore...Law & Order & NYPD Blue is NYC, etc...

In retrospect I do see that Deadwood is "Life on the mean streets of a late 19th century mining camp," but I guess I find period pieces or Sci-Fi more compelling.

Sports Night, a great netflix choice. Three seasons of one of the best written 30 comedy/drama shows on TV. "A TV show about a TV show about sports".
    Click. Point. Chute.

Arrested Development is a must see for everyone, best comedy ever.

Sopranos is classic television at this point.

Weeds is great, can't wait for the next season.

Deadwood was great, too bad it ended after three seasons.

The Tudors held my interest for a while but is getting old.

Some of the lesser known shows I've gotten into on Netflix:
    Skins, a BBC show about high school antics. Some classic characters and lots of boobies!

Party Down, on Stars, show about a catering company in hollywood. Funny and Lizzy Kaplan makes my wiener happy.
    I'm in a band. It's called "Just the Tip."

True Blood

Quote Originally Posted by PaSucks View Post
    Arrested Development is a must see for everyone, best comedy ever.
    I swear to God that I can't laugh at this show. Same fucking joke over and over. I get it his fucking kid is named George Michael Jr.

I thought it was funny the first couple of episodes but after that I couldn't watch it anymore. Although it's gotten enough recco's that I'd give it a shot and see if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    I swear to God that I can't laugh at this show. Same fucking joke over and over. I get it his fucking kid is named George Michael Jr.

I thought it was funny the first couple of episodes but after that I couldn't watch it anymore. Although it's gotten enough recco's that I'd give it a shot and see if you like.
    His name wasn't George Michael Jr. There was no George Michael Sr. so there could be no George Michael Jr. His grandfather was George, his dad was Michael, hence George Michael. I also don't recall one joke about his name, ever, other than the ones about the singer/songwriter.
    I'm in a band. It's called "Just the Tip."

arrested dev is the best comedy ive ever seen. it also has great replay value, ive watched the series more than a few times and it just gets more and more funny.
    Perhaps you'd be more comfortable on epicski or Paula's Ski Lovers, AltaNancy.

Rented all 4 seasons of "weeds" and had a marathon watching the past week. Definitely entertaining and Parker is teh hawtness, especially when she gets gangsta.

who the fuck started this thread and how can you not figure out what series to watch on your own----

Married With Children
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Brainless british humor - but I enjoyed it:

1- coupling, netflixable.
    2- The inbetweeners - still being produced, 2 seasons out there so far I think.
    3- Red Dwarf - Netflixable

Quote Originally Posted by frozenwater View Post
    Brainless british humor - but I enjoyed it:

1- coupling, netflixable.
    2- The inbetweeners - still being produced, 2 seasons out there so far I think.
    3- Red Dwarf - Netflixable
    Froze - look out for a BBC series called Pulling. Very funny if you like that kind of thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

older but gooder comedy - news radio.

Deadwood
    Breaking Bad
    Weeds
    The Wire
    Secret diary of a Call girl
    Hung
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

Netflix has 4 seasons of Mr. Show you can rent on DVD - unfortunately it's not streaming. That was one funny ass show...

Netflix has 4 seasons of Mr. Show you can rent on DVD - unfortunately it's not streaming. That was one funny ass show...