Page 32 of 54 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast

Looking for new series to watch

The wife and I are currently watching Unbelievable on Netflix. Good cop/drama-mystery

Season two of Succession on HBO now it’s pretty freaking hilarious and good
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Mr. InBetween (2nd season) - best show currently available. Damn near perfect.
    And in only 30 minute episodes.
    Superb.

The Boys is pretty good
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    I assume Dark has already been mentioned. Really really good. Make sure to turn off the horrible English dubbing and just use English subtitles with original German dialogue.

New Series

I have been watching Peaky Blinders lately. Great show!

Between a rock and a soft place. Aberdare and The Brecon Beacons, Wales
    Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Superb.
    Yep

Superb.
    Fantastic recommendation. Completely enjoying this. Perfect as a 30 min wind down for this divorced dad after the kids all go to bed.
    focus.

Superb.
    Great show. I got season 2 on demand from Spectrum. Now got to figure out how to watch season 1.

Edit: found season 1 on Hulu.
    Last edited by billyk; 11-24-2019 at 09:52 PM.

Between a rock and a soft place. Aberdare and The Brecon Beacons, Wales
    Just finished Season 2.

Outstanding.

This looks new Armando Iannucci show looks good

Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

If you hain't peeped out Undone on Amazon Prime, I recommend it.
    It's bugged out rotoscope-styled animation with a strange, hallucinogenic storyline. The ending is abstract and really cool, so I am hoping they don't do a Season 2 and ruin the mystique.

Reminded me a bit of Homecoming (another Prime "series" I really hope that they don't continue as the ending of the first one was pretty decent and the overall story was cool.

RIYL: Homecoming; Waking Life;
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    If you hain't peeped out Undone on Amazon Prime, I recommend it.
    It's bugged out rotoscope-styled animation with a strange, hallucinogenic storyline. The ending is abstract and really cool, so I am hoping they don't do a Season 2 and ruin the mystique.

Reminded me a bit of Homecoming (another Prime "series" I really hope that they don't continue as the ending of the first one was pretty decent and the overall story was cool.

RIYL: Homecoming; Waking Life;
    Agreed. Really enjoyed Undone! The casting was so perfect in it too.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Looking for new series to watch

Just finished “The Feed”. If you’re into future dystopia SF, you might like this one. A bit heavy-handed at times, and the social-network-is-evil crap gets a bit worn; but the core story works, and the acting is solid.

Season one is apparently only chapter one of the novel it’s based on; lots more to come.

“The Outsider” on HBO. Just started up a week ago or so. Two episodes out. Very good. Reminds me a lot of True Detective season 1. Well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Just finished “The Feed”. If you’re into future dystopia SF, you might like this one. A bit heavy-handed at times, and the social-network-is-evil crap gets a bit worn; but the core story works, and the acting is solid.

Season one is apparently only chapter one of the novel it’s based on; lots more to come.
    I couldn't get past episode 1. Found it choppy and, as you stated, heavy-handed. Just did not grab me.

Messiah is pretty good so far (3-4 eps in) in that step-above-network kinda way.

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    I couldn't get past episode 1. Found it choppy and, as you stated, heavy-handed. Just did not grab me.
    I was ready to give up after the first episode, but stuck it out. It gets better; not great, by any means- more like a Black Mirror episode extended to a full season. Glad I stuck it out; you might want to revisit when you’re bored and your movie queue is empty. ;-)

The book it’s based on goes far beyond this first season; I’m curious to see how they make the next season work. If they stick to the book, it’s gonna be dark as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    I was ready to give up after the first episode, but stuck it out. It gets better; not great, by any means- more like a Black Mirror episode extended to a full season. Glad I stuck it out; you might want to revisit when you’re bored and your movie queue is empty. ;-)

The book it’s based on goes far beyond this first season; I’m curious to see how they make the next season work. If they stick to the book, it’s gonna be dark as fuck.
    I never made it past the first episode of Black Mirror, either...

Quote Originally Posted by Sluff View Post
    “The Outsider” on HBO. Just started up a week ago or so. Two episodes out. Very good. Reminds me a lot of True Detective season 1. Well worth it.
    Fans of the X-Files will enjoy The Outsider. Starts out as a fairly straight forward police procedural but by ep3 it has the feel and structure of a classic X-Files monster hunt episode. Lead actor Ben Mendelsohn provides an Emmy level performance as the no nonsense skeptic (Dana Scully role) paired with the genius oddball savant, recurring Stephen King character, Holly Gibney.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Goya_-_Que_viene_el_coco_(Here_Comes_the_Bogey-Man).jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	2.15 MB 
ID:	312691
    Last edited by neckdeep; 01-28-2020 at 10:54 AM.

Rewatching Umbrella Academy in prep for Sason 2 and picking up a lot of cool stuff along the way. Visually it is superlative and the cast/writing is top notch.

This looks intiguing...

(Based on a 2014 New Zealand film of the same name)

The last serial I watched was Stranger Things and I could say that it's the best serial I watched for the recent time. Despite the fact, that the main actors, generally, are kids, this show would be interesting to adults as well. The storyline, the plot is very interesting and grabbing, so the more series you watch the more breathtaking it is. And, one more thing, I'd like to mentionis that this show has already had three seasons and they're not getting worse from one to another. The directors maintain the quality and continue to attract the attention of the viewers. As Marvel movies, to my mind.

Can someone explain why Nora From Queens is touted as a great comedy show. Is it because she is Asian? I’ve tried to watch and don’t find Awkwafina all that funny.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by jfak7670 View Post
    The last serial I watched was Stranger Things and I could say that it's the best serial I watched for the recent time. Despite the fact, that the main actors, generally, are kids, this show would be interesting to adults as well. The storyline, the plot is very interesting and grabbing, so the more series you watch the more breathtaking it is. And, one more thing, I'd like to mentionis that this show has already had three seasons and they're not getting worse from one to another. The directors maintain the quality and continue to attract the attention of the viewers. As Marvel movies, to my mind.
    Totally

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums