Flexon wire bail Q

Can you shorten these things and if so how? My friend just got a pair and they fit well other thant he fact that the buckles bottom out on his very narrow lower calves.

We should just start a seperate room just for Raichle/Flexon stuff.

I know some models allow you to shorten the bails. Is there any kind of fastener or screw holding it in? Some have some type of bracket also.

In a worst case, you can always twist the bail once or twice. It will lay funny over the tounge, but it will shorten. You can also look at moving the buckle out further. That may involve drilling and new rivets.
    "Have fun, get a flyrod, and give the worm dunkers the finger when you start double hauling." ~Lumpy

Quote Originally Posted by Dromond
    Can you shorten these things and if so how? My friend just got a pair and they fit well other thant he fact that the buckles bottom out on his very narrow lower calves.
    Get some man calves?

Or take out the screws holding the cuff to body and open the boot up. The wire can be moved to 1 or 2 postions.
    Raichle's dead to me
    HELLO DALBELLO Krypton!
    Last edited by Schralper; 11-10-2004 at 09:35 AM.

Down the valley a bit further on the good side of the 49th
    All the points Schralper made, especially opening the boot up and making sure you are on the furthest back notch. Ok especially the one about man calves too, (are you reading mtnlion?)

Also, I actually have seen guys tie a knot in the cable. It works but not sure about eventual damage to the cable. I've always thought you could shorten them some but never tore one apart to make sure for fear it wouldn't hold. I also always figured you could rig something using bicycle brake cable.
    It's not so much the model year, it's the high mileage or meterage to keep the youth of Canada happy

You can easily put on shorter bales. Just find a shop that carries old bales and compare them to the current ones.

AS mentioned, there is some adjustment on the inside of the boot.
    I need some longer ones. Anyone know where I can get some?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Down the valley a bit further on the good side of the 49th
    Oh yea, I forgot the top was a closed bale. I was thinking of the lower buckle. Didn't twig on the non man calves.
    It's not so much the model year, it's the high mileage or meterage to keep the youth of Canada happy

BTW which Flexon's? The newer style w/ the wire and racheting, back and forth buckle or the kinda with the wire w/ teeth on it which rachetss in the the buckle? Cuz the older stlye you can use Denali parts, almost an exacy copy, hmmmmmm????
    BH- Whaddya need? I just diassembled a pr.

Bump this old thread.

Rumor has it there are shorter bails available. Anybody have any? I have the standard length and need shorter ones because I have girly legs.

My friend still needs some, too!