Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Work: Alta 10/11 Ski Season

Work: Alta 10/11 Ski Season

OK, let's try this again...
    Snowpine Lodge at Alta is hiring experienced cooks, dishmonsters, servers, housekeepers, experienced fromt desk people for the coming season. Note "experienced" in front of cook and front desk. That's because I ain't got time to teach you how to cook and it takes a special person and attention to detail skill set. Live slopeside, ski more than anyone in the canyon. We don't serve lunch, so when the lifts spin, most of the time you ski. Our season runs from mid November till Mid April. I'll need you to be able to comitt for the entire season. I can work around most school schedules. You need to: have a strong proven work ethic, willingness to interact with our guests, and have plenty of positive energy. PM me for details.
    You ask me why I make my home in the mountain forest, and I smile, and am silent, even my soul remains quiet: it lives in the other world which no one owns. The peach trees blossom. The water flows.
    ---Li Po

I am looking for a job where regardless of profitability and my performance i can still receive a healthy bonus. Can you help?

put my app in the mail last week, looking forward to speaking with you in person.

For some reason I feel like I have gone back in time?
    Now if only I didn't have a mortgage, wife, car, kid, job........ I would so be in to this. It's freakin' Alta.
    A woman reported to police at 6:30 p.m. that she was being "smart-mouthed."

Quote Originally Posted by Paj View Post
    put my app in the mail last week, looking forward to speaking with you in person.
    Good on ya, thsi sounds like a great oportunity to bum in style for the season. Heard great things about the Snowpine.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Paj,
    we want to see some cougar hunting in the canyon TR's. Just like Raps.
    A woman reported to police at 6:30 p.m. that she was being "smart-mouthed."

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd mate View Post
    Paj,
    we want to see some cougar hunting in the Canyon Inn TR's. Just like Raps.
    Fixed it for ya.

Just putting in a good word as a former Snowpine employee. Working/living here kicks serious ass. More skiing time then any other lodge in the canyon period. Grab this job up, you won't regret it. Wooly is an awesome guy to work for too.
    All I know is that I don't know nothin'... and that's fine.

has anyone else applied for the snowpine? I've got my fingers crossed as I'm still waiting for the final word.

are you still looking? no cook or front desk.

Still taking applications. Got some job offers planned, still a bunch of applicants to interview. I am set for cooks this season.
    You ask me why I make my home in the mountain forest, and I smile, and am silent, even my soul remains quiet: it lives in the other world which no one owns. The peach trees blossom. The water flows.
    ---Li Po

moving to sandy in november, what do you have left for jobs

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoaf4Life View Post
    moving to sandy in november, what do you have left for jobs
    Im pretty sure you have to live up there to work at Snowpine. They cant take the chance you'll miss shifts due to road closures, etc.

I could be wrong though.

Skidog=correct. Too many road closures. I need people showing up for shifts.
    ---Li Po

Bumping this. I still need me a cook, dishwasher and potentially a front desk person. PM me if interested.You must be able to work entire season. It's OK if you can't come till mid to late December, but I need you to stay till Mid April. Thanks!!!
    ---Li Po

another bump for the best lodge at the top of the LCC.
    Top of the Food Chain for White Trash America

Wow yeah ill bump this cause i pretty much douched the same thread once before...

Snowpine does in fact give you the MOST on snow ski time while still maintaining a job that pays a little....

Cant believe these spots havent been snatched up....Cmon gotta be some ski bumming mag that wants 100+ days and a job/place to live at probably the best resort in America?

Snowboarders can in fact apply, you'll just have to walk down the road to ride..

Work here............or i'll cut you!

seriously, i'm not kidding about the snowpine being a good place to work, or me cutting you...
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

Quote Originally Posted by Dickeymotto View Post
    . More skiing time then any other lodge in the canyon period.
    haha doubtful...

not saying it wont be good. definitely give it a shot.
    ...because warm beer is infinitely colder than no beer.

PM sent.
    Looking for the next turn..

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus087 View Post
    haha doubtful...

not saying it wont be good. definitely give it a shot.
    Actually, here is the schedule of my dishwasher/laundry people and my dining room staff: 7AM to 9AM then 6PM to 9PM 5 days a week. Of course its bound to fluctuate a bit, but that means really from 9 AM to staff meal at 5:30PM you are off every day.

And, I'll respond to all the PM's today. Was celebrating my 7th wedding anniversary yesterday... Thanks to all that have responded!
    ---Li Po

Quote Originally Posted by Woolybeastman View Post
    Actually, here is the schedule of my dishwasher/laundry people and my dining room staff: 7AM to 9AM then 6PM to 9PM 5 days a week. Of course its bound to fluctuate a bit, but that means really from 9 AM to staff meal at 5:30PM you are off every day.

And, I'll respond to all the PM's today. Was celebrating my 7th wedding anniversary yesterday... Thanks to all that have responded!

Congrats on the anniversary...and yeah...you wont find a lodge that offers better prime time skiing than the snowpine.....that i can assure you.

Congrats on the anniversary! Seriously cannot wait until I move in in December, who else is working up there? Wooly- I'll pm or email about my exact move in very soon. I'm still waiting to hear back from prof's

Wow, overwhelming response for the dishwashing position!! Now, I really need a cook. Not someone who can heat a can of beans, but an experienced gunslinger of a cook. I will teach you how to cook my food, but I won't teach you how to actually cook. There's gotta be someone here! Help me TGR your'e my only hope!
    ---Li Po

Wow, overwhelming response for the dishwashing position!! Now, I really need a cook. Not someone who can heat a can of beans, but an experienced gunslinger of a cook. I will teach you how to cook my food, but I won't teach you how to actually cook. There's gotta be someone here! Help me TGR your'e my only hope!
    I'd go for "banquet class" cooking. Living single has set me with omelets, pancakes, bacon, simple salads, sausage, pasta, pizza by the box, stir fry, tuna on toast, toasted tuna tacos, tacos and burritos, grilling steaks, burgers, fries, and breaded chicken strips. I have yet to perfect spicing of five alarm chili, ribs, and such marinades. Yellow cake with raspberry, muffins, jello, pudding pops, and containered cookies top my desert entries. Get back with me on the book class (you can't mix mexican with continental), I'm typing out the recipes now... Happy Halloween everyone.

"Keep the snow underfoot"