Yosemite Mags - looking for simple beta

I've never been to Yosemite even though my sister (sorry, no nude photos) bought me the rock climbing route guide book for my birthday over 20 years ago. I don't really climb much anymore, but will be there in the middle of July for some epic marathon hiking.

I've only got a few days there as I'm tacking-on to the end of a bidness trip so I'd like to maximize my time. I will do the hike up Half Dome as it's a moral imperative for me, but what other "not to miss" hikes should I plan for?

Also, I've got a 50° sleeping bag that I use for summer backpacking/camping - will that suffice, or should I be looking to bring my down sack? I'm usually running hot so I may have answered my own question unless you think I'll suffer in the 50° sack.

Really looking forward to checking this one off "the list".

Any and all input appreciated.Thanks in advance.
    Who cares how the crow flies

This Tread might help

[ame="https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190871"]Teton Gravity Research Forums[/ame]
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Muir's favorite

If you're a really rugged off-trail hiker/ climber, hike Tenaya Creek canyon. Just start at mirror lake and follow the creek under half dome to toulomne. No trail, follow the creekbed, almost no brush. Lots of bare rock, goes up beneath half dome, cloud's rest, quarter domes, Mt Watkins up past a 1500 foot waterslide. Upper valley is bare granite half a mile across... Best hike EVER, and I've been a lot of places. John Muir's favorite , too, though he knocked himself unconscious on it one time. You may swim some, you will scramble a lot, but if you are truly climbing, you are not on the best possible line. Two days or one really fast one... go light! and a 50 bag will be plenty.

Where are you going to camp? That'll help determine what bag you'll want. Higher = colder. One of my favorite places to camp is actually outside the park down in Briceburg. McCabe Flat and Willow Placer are great. Try to arrive early morning to claim a site. http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/folso...driverrec.html

You can also try the camping options in the park, but often there's little chance (fat chance? - inside pun) of finding anything in July. I sometimes will reserve a tent cabin in Curry Village for my first night there, just to be sure I have a place to sleep if I arrive late, then go find a first-come, first-serve campsite early the next morning.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite