Las Vegas street photos

I've always been drawn street photography, but putting my own spin on it has been challenging. While in Vegas a few months ago for a workshop, I decided to head out one night to do some street shooting. I decided that the purpose of my wanderings would be to make use of modern technology - these are all hand held at about 1/30th-1/60th, f/2 or faster, and ranging from ISO 6400 to 12800.

The most challenging thing is that Vegas is one major distraction. So many lights and people, I had a hard time trying to not just photograph everything. I'm not really sure what to make of this series, they are purely experimental, but they are kind of growing on me. What do you think?

-

-

-

-

-

I like 5, and I think you just barely missed on 6. A little wide to capture the Wynn sign and a lower iso to kill the noisy sky and that would be $$$.

Other than that, the rest seem like a mostly blurry noisy mess. Maybe not so much on #2, but the power lines take away from it.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Looks like Pure in some of those shots.

Makes me want to wander with my camera at night there...

1, 2 and 5 have real flavor. They have a magnum feel.

3 is snapshotty, and your use of light is only meh. 4 isnt close enough. 6 has bad colours and is pretty standard issue, but the concept could be cool.

My favorite is probably 1. The way that girl is walking is very interesting.

I am headed down there next week on my way to california. Was thinking about stopping to shoot. Might give it a try.

I like number 1. The composition draws attention to the subject that you might ignore otherwise. Am I the only one who finds perspective on 5 disconcerting? The person looks like they might be lost, so it sort of works.

5&6 are the only ones that don't just say "rushed snapshot" to me.
    In 5, I like the idea but something about it just isn't working.
    In 6, the composition is alright, but with the light and the high ISO it doesn't do it for me. I wonder if you'd shot it at a lower ISO and underexposed to give you the speed you needed, then lighten it up in PP and go B&W. Maybe.

Cool, thanks for the feedback everyone, I really appreciate it. It seems like the consensus is that these almost work, but not quite. That is good because it gives me reason to go back out and keep trying.

Dude... http://inmotion.magnumphotos.com/essay/la-nuit

Thats what this reminds me of. I kinda feel like you arent missing anything, you just need to spend more time.