WTB: FKS120 brake/baseplates

I got hooked up with some nice FKS120s via [ame="http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193274"]this thread[/ame]. I want to swap them onto different skis on the fly (e.g. once, maybe twice a week). Ski widths are 75mm and 99mm. I don't want to try to use the 99mm brakes on the 75mm ski due to the hudge difference and definite dragging I'd get. So I want to try to have two sets of baseplates and brakes and disassemble/reassemble as required. Hopefully this isn't a really stupid idea (i.e. I don't want to fatigue parts and break them).

Anyway, anyone got turntable baseplates/brakes appropriate for FKS120s? Preferably with the metal half moons and preferably new? Preferably black to match the 120s? Willing to ship to Oz? It'd be super sweet if the brakes were stock 100mm with a nice factory bend but I really don't care if I have to do the bendy myself.

Actually, I'd consider whole heels as well to make life significantly easier and just swap out the whole heel. I was thinking of saving weight for travelling but really I'd need a few tools that might not be so much different to two heels.

i have a set of fks 10's that are basically new in condition. yours for $50 + ship. you can do whatever you wish with the brakes/baseplates, etc, or just use the whole shoot-n-match.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Thanks for the offer Marshal. What's an FKS 10? If not a typo I wasn't aware there was a lower DIN model (I'm a Rossi/Look jong)? Metal heel, composite toe? Metal half moon? Got pics?

pic... thanks. just let me know.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    I want to swap them onto different skis on the fly (e.g. once, maybe twice a week). Ski widths are 75mm and 99mm. I don't want to try to use the 99mm brakes on the 75mm ski due to the hudge difference and definite dragging I'd get. So I want to try to have two sets of baseplates and brakes and disassemble/reassemble as required.
    I'm not seeing how you can do this. The baseplates and brakes screw in to the ski. You can remove the dildo but at that point you may as well just have a complete binding on each ski.
    "Unfortunately, Meadows mgmt/marketing found out about the PR stash and published it on their trail map."

Quote Originally Posted by corn dog View Post
    I'm not seeing how you can do this. The baseplates and brakes screw in to the ski. You can remove the dildo but at that point you may as well just have a complete binding on each ski.
    If you call up rossi, they can send you a baseplate and brakes set for $45+ship.

However, I still don't see how you would do this. You would need 2 pairs of toes. Otherwise screwing in and unscrewing twice a week will quickly strip the holes drilled into the ski. Or are you using a plate, in which case you could just unscrew everything.

As others have said, you don't want to be removing and reinstalling bindings too often. Your holes will not last.

And disassembling the baseplate and replacing the brakes twice a week sounds like a nightmare, regardless of the odds of eventually snapping something.
    "Unfortunately, Meadows mgmt/marketing found out about the PR stash and published it on their trail map."

i've been following this thread an the previous one with interest
    my 2 cents: sack up and buy a pair of bindings for both skis the turntable is the greatest binder ever made and it isn't some piece of LEGO like the old ESSVAR that is designed to be swapped out, if you want the performance you have to pay the price
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Marshal, I'm digging the steezy purple, let me know if waxman doesn't want them. I was going to make them into 14 Din and slap them on some P4's.
    Driving to Targhee

Quote Originally Posted by cooltsi View Post
    Marshal, I'm digging the steezy purple, let me know if waxman doesn't want them.
    Fuck waxman, they're mine

As to the swapping - inserts and/or plates. I'm swapping turntables and Dynafiddles on one ski, wifey will have two skis and I was going to swap turntables between them (skinny and fat), and turntables and Dynafiddles on one of them (the fat one). She's at a stage where she'll get more from a skinnier ski on piste hence the quiver.

Motivation for swapping was international travel and weight restrictions. 20kg per person for most of the world (except fat-ass North America, where it's 32kg). You can pool it when travelling in a party, but I end up schlepping most of my family's stuff through airports and train stations, which can be not fun. Euro train stations in particular, where there are often lots of stairs. So I wanted to enable wifey's quiver and save my back.

Anyway, I'll take Marshal's whole binding and probably just use it straight up and have one binding per ski. Much easier and I'll deal with the short term schlepping pain. PM on the way.

If you interested in some swapping I've got a pair of 15 Din courses, yellow and black.
    Driving to Targhee

If they were for me I'd be all over that swap but the Purple People Eaters are a more appropriate DIN range for my wife. Sorry.