Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    It has to be one of the maggots on this board--like GT40...J/K

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki
    Doesn't anyone believe this just a TGR/maggot person trolling, or something like that? Bob Barnes? Yes, he's a gapicski tool, but I just don't see it...it ain't phUnk, but that doesn't mean it couldn't be one of about 30 other people.
    I'm hoping that any maggots near their 'academy' workshops will videotape the buffoonery and then do human slalom at mach looney...

edit: iceman snuck in there with my hypothesis while I was changing a baby...now I literally and figuratively have poop on my face.
    Hey Bub

Quote Originally Posted by Punani
    C'mon! It's the real Bob Barnes. Can't you tell from the book?

https://www.tetongravity.com/usergall...mal_gapers.jpg
    Shit. My bad. Pass the salt.

This troll sucks.

That is all.
    "I smell varmint puntang."

The puritanical time-warp machine has landed, and them fuckers is everywhere!!
    Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

Thumbs up

I know it's a troll but I'm bumping it for the comedic potential.
    Balls Deep in the 'Ho

I'll play.

"Etiquette" - Ironic, no?

I wonder if Bob ever did any racing. I seem to recall plenty of times where there were a few dozen of us sharing wax, files, tools etc., and I don't believe any of us considered it a "nuisance".

"will never see him boasting about his prowess"? No, I don't believe I've ever HEARD an athlete boast before.

"Filling in holes"? I'm not dumb by any means, but I still need this explained to me.

A trail that is marked "Expert" means that trail is more difficult in relation to OTHER trails on that hill. Sorry, Bob.

Finally - if you feel a need to dictate to the women skiers/boarders HERE what proper "etiquette" is......you're DEFINITELY in the wrong place.

(Amusing for a troll, tho.)
    We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need? ~ Lee Iacocca

Quote Originally Posted by EPSkis
    "Filling in holes"? I'm not dumb by any means, but I still need this explained to me.
    It's probably a game that Bob and his butt-pirate friends play in the trees. "Hey, Bob, it looks like I dropped my pole. Would you please bend over and pick it up?"
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Bob Barnes Guest
    I,m soory, I forgot the age bracket that is represented here at The Teton Gravity Research forums.

X-Games

The "X" ostensibly stands for "(e)xtreme" in this-recent-made-for-television competition that involves several other "adrenaline" sports including skiing, snowboarding, skydiving and many others. With poorly defined standards and emphasis on thrills rather than skills , perhaps a better name would be the "G(goofy)-Games." Of course, someone else may have a different opinion.

Perhapswith time, these events will mature to a level where top competitiors will be tempted to compete.

however, if top competitiors were to compete, would they be expected to fill their divits left behind when stomping a bio nine? and if they didn't walk back up the hill to rake out the landing, shold they be DQ'ed. i sure as hell hope so! this is fucking golf and fucking polo people, not fucking skiing, god fucking damn it!

Maybe Bob would like to be introduced to the Angry Whelk?

Paging Dr. Whelk, Angry Whelk to the white bukake courtesy phone....
    fighting gravity on a daily basis

WhiteRoom Skis
    Handcrafted in Northern Vermont
    www.whiteroomcustomskis.com

"Your real skier is a gentlemen or gentlewomen, and the first precept of his on-or-off the slope behavior is uniform courtesy, helpfulness, and meticulous regard for the needs and comforts of others....."

What is this golf or a country club? Not as if these people aren't courteous though, most real skiers will show people where the stashes are found (although most gapers are probably afraid of powder)...

"You will never see him drinking to excess,...."

Good one...

"The real skier never yells "Track!" unless he has to...If he falls, he immediately rises, fills in the holes he made, and gets out of the track of other skiers."

WTF? Track? The hell is that? People actually fall on those low-angle gaperish runs?

".....Nose thumbing at the rules of a slope or at the warning of the local ski patrol....is not a mark of independent courage, but of childish misbehavior."

Hah, I've had trollers show me the goods in supposedly 'off-limits' areas... Most I've met are pretty cool...

"Attempting a slope or trail which is marked "expert" when one is an intermediate shows one to be foolish, not brave, and a menace to other skiers as well."

I don't think that's much of a problem with skiers in these parts, I'm sure most here can handle an 'expert' run.....

"The "X" ostensibly stands for "(e)xtreme" in this-recent-made-for-television competition that involves several other "adrenaline" sports including skiing, snowboarding, skydiving and many others. With poorly defined standards and emphasis on thrills rather than skills , perhaps a better name would be the "G(goofy)-Games." Of course, someone else may have a different opinion."

Yes, it is a made-for-TV event... It's also quite entertaining (sometimes).

"Perhapswith time, these events will mature to a level where top competitiors will be tempted to compete."

Who are these 'top-competitors'? Or by that do you mean that the corporate world will take over the events and turn it into something gay?

Yea Bob dont know his azz from first base. Thats why we kicked him out.

Powder to the people!!!!!!!!

Maggots rule!!!!!!

[QUOTE=basom]fucking polo people [QUOTE]

That right there brings on it's own issues of etiquette

"Attempting a slope or trail which is marked "expert" when one is an intermediate shows one to be foolish, not brave, and a menace to other skiers as well."
    Troll or not...but I have to say to Bob that luckily most of the guys here are nothing but menace to themselves...

"Sir, watch out there...you might leave some holes for others coming after you. Also try to practice more precice carving before attempting that 'double black diamond' run..."

http://winterhighland.com/cairngorm/...y_16_04_03.jpg

In case you face fucked cretins don't get it the x-games were created by the corporate powers that be just to seperate you from any money you have left over from living your miserable wanna be lives. And you thought it was an outgrowth of your uniquness and rebellion against said powers. What a sad bunch of cunt-assed losers

ydf

Quote Originally Posted by you dumb fucks
    In case you face fucked cretins don't get it the x-games were created by the corporate powers that be just to seperate you from any money you have left over from living your miserable wanna be lives. And you thought it was an outgrowth of your uniquness and rebellion against said powers. What a sad bunch of cunt-assed losers

ydf
    http://pages.cthome.net/postroad/iconsex-teabag.gif

Yea you dumb fucks.

Powder

Track????

Isn't that what a cop yells when he's frisking a junkie and sees needle marks?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Barnes
    I,m soory, I forgot the age bracket that is represented here at The Teton Gravity Research forums.

X-Games

The "X" ostensibly stands for "(e)xtreme" in this-recent-made-for-television competition that involves several other "adrenaline" sports including skiing, snowboarding, skydiving and many others. With poorly defined standards and emphasis on thrills rather than skills , perhaps a better name would be the "G(goofy)-Games." Of course, someone else may have a different opinion.

Perhapswith time, these events will mature to a level where top competitiors will be tempted to compete.
    Not sure if troll or not, However, just in case...

FUCK OFF BOB!

What makes the world great is that you can live and ski your way, and I can live and ski my way. You can have your friends and I can have mine. Go where your wanted
    Fresh Tracks are the ultimate graffitti.
    Schmear

Set forth the pattern to succeed.
    Sam Kavanagh

Friends of Tuckerman Ravine

Avoid employing unlucky people - throw half of the pile of resume's in the bin without reading them.

good point bob, but the real skier also is well enough prepared for regular safety meetings during the day...
    Nuthin says "Safety Meeting" like ZIPPO''
    http://www.cyberheadshop.com/catalog/images/li12.jpg

So that Summit1776 from above only has two posts....that's not the regular Summit here, no?

I'm joining the fuck off crowd but I don't think this is Bob Barnes....maybe some other disgruntled epicgaper however.

Not so sure about the generation gap. I know losers that are my own age too. I don't think it is exclusively an age related thing. However, when I am an old fart, I still hope to "drink to excess" and I promise to not attempt slopes that are above my ability.

I will rip the shit out of lines that are above my ability. Isn't that what makes us better?

Bob must be one of those tools that is all proud of himself cause he "didn't fall once today". He is the same dick that asks why I am all covered with snow in the lift line. There is more to life than groomers, gaper.

But hey, on the plus side. Without these gapers, our sport would die a quick death. Our broke asses wouldn't support it. So, ski on Bob. I'll be sure to squeeze out a juicy one as I pass you in the TRACK.

Quote Originally Posted by train07
    So that Summit1776 from above only has two posts....that's not the regular Summit here, no?
    I guess I have fans.

This thread is pretty funny though.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.