Rossignol Phantom SC 108 Skis

Did a search on these and sounds like a stiff board. Are they a good floater or do they surf like SL ski? How are they on hard snow conditions.

no experience besides a handflex on the 195 and SHIT they are stiff, i would love to try a pair. can't see them floating to well with normal camber and a flex like that.

Dug around and found a review on them. High speed on variable conditions and groom very stable. Not so much tight trees or low angle pow friendly. No wonder the price is right. 60mph pow ski.

SC = Single Camber = no rocker.

Great deal on them at Evogear outlet, BTW

The 185 might the stiffest ski I've ever had the chance to unscientifically handflex.
    'waxman is correct, and so far with 40+ days of tasting them there is no way my tongue can tell the difference between wood, and plastic made to taste like wood...but i'm a weirdo and lick my gear...' -kidwoo

Quote Originally Posted by ulty_guy View Post
    The 185 might the stiffest ski I've ever had the chance to unscientifically handflex.
    yeah i've flexed the 95's, i'd say they're the stiffest i've flexed, even after skiing on (and absolutely fucking loving) 192 garbones.

Thanks for the input. Picked up a pair for under 240.00 shipped @ evogear.

can't go wrong for that, always wanted to try a pair to see why there are so many eft overs like two seasons after they were made. why can't rossi build a big mountain ski and stick with it?

Quote Originally Posted by ectreeskier11 View Post
    can't go wrong for that, always wanted to try a pair to see why there are so many eft overs like two seasons after they were made. why can't rossi build a big mountain ski and stick with it?
    Because the RC 112 was awesome. They should have gone straight to that from the Squad and skipped the 108. What's sad is that they're discontinuing the 112, though they appeal to a narrower audience than the S/Super 7.

Quote Originally Posted by D(C) View Post
    Because the RC 112 was awesome. They should have gone straight to that from the Squad and skipped the 108. What's sad is that they're discontinuing the 112, though they appeal to a narrower audience than the S/Super 7.
    exactly my point, their last two true big mountain skis have been discontinued after a season, despite the popularity of the 112's.

I think I heard that the S7/Super7 outsold the RC112 lime 20 to 1 on the shop orders... Mine were a blast to ski on, but they did not sell in the shops. The hype on TGR does not always sell skis, unfortuneately...

Now, my Super7s are a BLAST, and are better at everything other than 60mph straightlines...

Ira

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Thanks for the input. Picked up a pair for under 240.00 shipped @ evogear.
    $495 on tramdock right now. Looks like you scored.

Just got the 108's in the mail. Like the mute graphics and look like they will fly. Must hide skis here comes the wife.

I skied the 195s for a season and I have to say they are the stiffest, burliest skis ever. They float well at very high speeds and they reward aggressiveness. I made them mad one day and they broke my leg off. Now they live in the basement.

Quote Originally Posted by skiingislife View Post
    I skied the 195s for a season and I have to say they are the stiffest, burliest skis ever. They float well at very high speeds and they reward aggressiveness. I made them mad one day and they broke my leg off. Now they live in the basement.
    Phantoms lurking in the shadows. ski me.....skiiiii me.....sssskkkkkiiii mmmmeeee!

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Just got the 108's in the mail. Like the mute graphics and look like they will fly. Must hide skis here comes the wife.
    Glad I'm not the only one who pulls that shit!

I spent a season on some team 195 DC108s and I will echo the statement that they are some of the stiffest, meanest, heaviest, boards I have ever been on. However they were also the most accurate and rewarding big skis I have ever skied and then I just started skiing them in rocker mode 98% of the time and fell in love, gee I wonder why Rossi evolved to the RC112:

Just picked up the SC 185's... purpose and the price were too good to pass. Has anyone toured on these boards? Was going to set them up with some fritschi freeride's and give them a whirl in the BC.

I spent a couple days on the 195s and they are, in one word, burly. I only skied them for a few runs in pow so I can't comment on versatility, but they definitely like to make big turns at high speeds as you'd expect.

I'm selling a nice pair for $100 if anyone's interested. Sorry for the spam...