Vimeo Plus - does anyone have an account?

Here's the deal. I need to embed one 70 second clip on my website in HD. It will be viewed maybe 50 times at most. I love the design of the vimeo player and already have it embedded and customized on my website. $60/year for the Plus service is a ripoff for the tiny amount that I actually need to use it. Does anyone care to host my clip on their account? This is only for embedding purposes. I'd be happy to split the price or something.

gunit130 Guest
    Why don't you just download flow player?

http://flowplayer.org/

You don't need vimeo to embed a video. Just host it on your own page.

I have my own server for the price of a vimeo plus account. It's a ripoff.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

seconded. You have the website and I assume you have enough bandwidth. No reason not to host it on your own site.

I considered going that route but:

A: I don't know anything about flash and
    B: I wasn't sure that I could get the video to stream smoothly and easily switch from HD to SD.

I checked out flowplayer a few days ago. I thought that you had to pay for it? Maybe not. I'll go look again.

gunit130 Guest

You don't necessarily need flash. But even then, most decent editing software should allow you to output a file.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

So I've gotten flowplayer to work, but I looks like switching between HD and SD streams may not be easy. Also, y default the image stretches to fill the screen when you go fullscreen (which is sloppy) and while I found the command to fix this, I'm too html-dumb to make it work. Oi. Thanks for the suggestions everybody.

Edit: Also, the free Flowplayer ads a watermark when in fullscreen mode, which won't work for what I'm doing.
    Last edited by Dromond; 06-22-2010 at 07:30 PM.

I've got a vimeo plus account for work - sending you a PM with my email, happy to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Baron View Post
    I've got a vimeo plus account for work - sending you a PM with my email, happy to help.
    Awesome!! I love this place.