Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: roolz

I'd go with HIRING/LOOKING, as it covers pretty much everything. I don't think you should have to post up company info either, as that can be handled via email/PM's if needed.
    People should also be able to post nameless resumes, with the same followup rules.

sticky a resume thread. Then delete your resume when you get a jobby job? That seems pretty simple. A one stop shop(hate using and seeing that) for those lurking to hire. Maybe?
    A woman reported to police at 6:30 p.m. that she was being "smart-mouthed."

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd mate View Post
    sticky a resume thread. Then delete your resume when you get a jobby job? That seems pretty simple. A one stop shop(hate using and seeing that) for those lurking to hire. Maybe?
    Some of the mods here are pretty lazy and wouldn't be too stoked about having to sticky/unsticky threads all the time...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

I meant 1 thread and the posters would delte their post when hired.

oh i missed the you just mudered me computerly.
    Last edited by 2nd mate; 06-18-2010 at 02:37 PM. Reason: sarcasm victim

nah, you might have just meant 'post' instead of 'sticky', and it's a great suggestion...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Per John Stewart:
    New jobs are the third best kind of job.
    Right behind Hand and Blow!

How 'bout if a really complicated "Code" is used to make thread titles "easier" to interpret and filter.
    Some suggestions:
    1. If you need work, it could say something clever like, "I need work. I'm a carpenter"
    2. If you know about a job it could have a secret code like, "Job available. Carpenter"
    3. If you knew this guy who was hiring Maggot type labor it could have a special title like, "This guy I know is looking for workers. Maggot freindly."

This might be too complicated, and might require a stickied thread with all the acronyms and an ongoing key so that people could check in to learn the lingo before starting their search.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    •3 drink limit during lunch hour except Friday when work ends at lunch(11am)

•Tardiness will not be tolerated if it exceeds the 20 minute mark

•Smoke breaks will be limited to one every 1.5 hours unless severely hungover in which case more smoke breaks may be granted

•Pets are welcome at work unless they are included in the following list: emu, yak, donkey, sheep, chimp, woodpecker, snail, girlfriend, gimp

•No fuckin' whining

•On employee picnic day girlfriend must be scantily clad and drunken and of slutty nature

•Briefcases will be left at home, backpacks accepted

•No suits

•If you're going to toke up at work, you must bring enough for everyone

This is a starter list please feel free to add any rules you deem appropriate.

Thankyou,
    the Management
    Are you hiring?

bklyn is offline who guards the guardians?
    Skidog runs his own forum. Why not start a jobs board there, where he can dictate the rules?

Second hand, rumor based thread cunting sucks and ruins the atmosphere for potential employers.

Frankly, "free speech" should not be at the expense of "nothing to talk about" because no employers will want to post here.
    I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe...
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.

The general sentiment is that this will be moderated to keep it productive? That is my opinion.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!!! What a ride!"

"We been runnin' these goddam hills for dang near, huh?"
    Sturgis Uncensored

A moderated, respectable, appropriate, jobs forum could really blossom and serve the community well. I dont envy the work of keeping the trolls out though.

Just my 2 centavos, but This place needs very strict moderation. the abuse given to two of the early employer posts here is bullshit. As a job seeker, I want to see as many employers as possible post here. If someone has a serious beef with the employer, he could warn responders via pm or something like that. But if I were looking for employees, I wouldn't waste my time posting jobs in a forum where an anonymous keyboard cowboy can fling shit all over you with no proof and no consequences...

This is like trying to conduct a formal dinner in a rowdy bar at happy hour. In any case I think it will be useful. Since the only employers who will be posting are maggots themselves, I don't think the inevitable trolling will be an issue--if you are serious about hiring or looking for a job, act the part and ignore the bullshit.

Edit: Horrible bump but this forum is empty anyway.

Great forum. I think most mags are able and willing to keep it tame in here.

This thread blows...

Here I thought it was a place to share enjoyment about lack of work?

You all suck.

That is all.
    Thinking I've found my all-time vagina... riding it switch to the road!!!