Run-off Fly swap 2010 (Western Trout)!

So there appeared to be interest in doing another fly swap (see Fly tying thread). Since a large portion (obviously not all) of us fish for trout in the western united states, I though it would be best to limit it to those flies...since frankly, many of us don't have much use for saltwater and steelhead flies...and I thought we could try and get flies that are of use to the majority of us.

Someone pointed out that we have some new tiers on the board and we should maybe do something that more people can participate in.

So, I am proposing a Streamer Swap! They are easy and fast to tie, and get snagged alot.

I am willing to organize it...ie everyone can ship me their flies and postage to get their set of flies back and I will put the packages together.

I will tie up some Pine Squirrel Leeches...I guess size 10, Rusty Brown...unless someone thinks a smaller size would be better...if we don't get a whole lot of participants, I am willing to tie up more than one pattern...or different colors/sizes. Natural gray is pretty good as well.

Let's see how many people we get and then we can decide how many to send each person...unless people who have more experience doing this have better suggestions....I am open to anything.

Let's try and get it done before the end of June and runoff is over!

Nathan
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

I'll go round 2.

I'm down and can tie up olive zonkers.

And 10 flies seems to be pretty standard for swaps although I'm willing to do a few more, 40 is a little much imo.
    the kids are all wasted on pot listening to heavy metal

I would be in as long as it is a pattern that a beginner can tie
    fighting gravity on a daily basis

WhiteRoom Skis
    Handcrafted in Northern Vermont
    www.whiteroomcustomskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vinman View Post
    I would be in as long as it is a pattern that a beginner can tie
    How about some beadhead whooly buggers? Easy enough.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)