Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Office A/C is out

Two days now of sweltering at my desk. It’s in the low 70s outside but my office is 86º right now. No windows to open. My balls are sweaty, it’s very uncomfortable, and documents stick to my forearms while working on them. I had my shirt off for a while, but my boss made me put it back on because it’s unprofessional, yet she gets to wear a sundress. It’s hard to focus on anything but how hot our office is.

Am I just being a pussy-ass office pansy or do I have a legitimate complaint and reason to go home?

Heatstroke is no joke.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

The old office I used to work in had no AC at all. When the temps hit the 90s, the offices would close. Usually happened a couple times a summer.

Buy and bring a $10 desk fan in.

Or just wear a sundress.
    "A local is just a dirtbag who can't get his shit together enough to travel."

- Owl Chapman

you should put on a sundress and quit yer bitchin'
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

I am picturing George Costanza coming out of the john after taking a dump at his wedding shower.

Do you have your bike at work today Parvo?

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    Do you have your bike at work today Parvo?
    no, had to drive today for a morning meeting... but biking right after somewhere.

sundress ftw
    No Roger, No Rerun, No Rent

Quote Originally Posted by OldLarry View Post
    sundress ftw
    Something made of seersucker, preferably a floral print, or perhaps a gingham.

Youd be a trendsetter of summer office fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by peterslovo View Post
    The old office I used to work in had no AC at all. When the temps hit the 90s, the offices would close. Usually happened a couple times a summer.

Buy and bring a $10 desk fan in.

Or just wear a sundress.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

that happened in our building one summer and they turn the AC off on weekends of which i work many, just suck it up 86 isnt that bad in the shade of an office building.

bring a fan and keep a wet towel to keep around your neck.

initially it sucks, but if you focus on the task at hand you'll forget about it for the most part.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Wear theese.

The AC will be repaired in about half an hour after that.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Two words. Mesh Tanktop

Grow a pair....

sundress and an office TR......F T W
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Casual day isn’t until this Friday. That means no mesh tank tops, banana hammocks, wife-beaters, half-shirts, cut-off jean shorts, manpris, short-shorts, skirts, shants, spanks, or any other unprofessional attire until then, possibly including sundresses.

They say it will be fixed by tomorrow.

Quite being such a fucking pussy. It is 86 degrees...not that hot. At least you are not ouside digging a ditch in Phoenix where it is currently 104.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

^^^^ ... had to wake up at 10:30pm a half hour before I went to bed...

classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    Two days now of sweltering at my desk. It’s in the low 70s outside but my office is 86º right now. No windows to open. My balls are sweaty, it’s very uncomfortable, and documents stick to my forearms while working on them. I had my shirt off for a while, but my boss made me put it back on because it’s unprofessional, yet she gets to wear a sundress. It’s hard to focus on anything but how hot our office is.

Am I just being a pussy-ass office pansy or do I have a legitimate complaint and reason to go home?
    Id call you a pussy-ass douche bag but I complain constantly about how hot it is in Japanese offices. Usually the aircon is set to 28, thats 82F for you yanks. Fucking hot. Fucking sticky. Fucking putrid air. Fucking sucks.

So, by the mere fact that you usually have aircon that keeps your office comfortable, yeah, fuck off
    パウダーバカ!!

Maybe I'm mistaken here but was it you who was just complaining about the lack of a girlfriend not long ago??

Quote Originally Posted by satori View Post
    Id call you a pussy-ass douche bag but I complain constantly about how hot it is in Japanese offices. Usually the aircon is set to 28, thats 82F for you yanks. Fucking hot. Fucking sticky. Fucking putrid air. Fucking sucks.

So, by the mere fact that you usually have aircon that keeps your office comfortable, yeah, fuck off
    I agree with you there and you too Parvo.

I would rather be staked out on an anthill with honey on my sack in 104 degree heat that stuck in an airless office at 86.

Sounds pretty close to hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by skuba View Post
    you can let it free and be as stupid as possible

Thread Killer
    I would like to see your point of view but I can't get my head that far up your ass.

Just make sure you don't bring your dog to work, TNKen might call the cops on you!!
    The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    My balls are sweaty, it’s very uncomfortable, and documents stick to my forearms while working on them. I had my shirt off for a while..
    I have a vision...it ain't pretty

The A/C seems to be functioning properly this morning and I'm quite comfortable.
    But now the cappuccino machine in the breakroom isn't working. Christ almighty, is this an office or a third-world country?

I'm sure you've all been waiting for an update on this matter. Here's the latest news from our office manager...

"Bad News First….
    The A/C system will probably be down for 6 weeks.

Good News…
    We will institute casual dress until the system is fully functioning. Please remember no T-shirts, cut-offs, etc. Please remember to dress for your day and if need be bring a change of clothes."

6 fucking weeks to repair our A/C? They did buy us all fans and suggested keeping the blinds shut and lights off to keep cool. But it is beyond uncomfortable I think a little sand got in my vajayjay.