Motorcycle Techs: 1965 Honda C200? 90CC

A friend of mine has a 90 cc 65 honda, a c200 i believe. According to my friend the components all work but needs all fluids changed and cleaned, basically if you turned it over now it would gunk up the engine and fail, but it would theoretically turn over.

So how much is a project like that. I know it might not be in perfect running condition, but how much would it be roughly to get it running so I can learn to ride it around a neighborhood (no major cruising).

It's last "run" in 84.... but has turned over since then

I know that's all vague, but someone with some thoughts, much obliged.
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Quote Originally Posted by volklpowdermaniac View Post
    A friend of mine has a 90 cc 65 honda, a c200 i believe. According to my friend the components all work but needs all fluids changed and cleaned, basically if you turned it over now it would gunk up the engine and fail, but it would theoretically turn over.

So how much is a project like that. I know it might not be in perfect running condition, but how much would it be roughly to get it running so I can learn to ride it around a neighborhood (no major cruising).

It's last "run" in 84.... but has turned over since then

I know that's all vague, but someone with some thoughts, much obliged.
    Don't Bother. that is a frikin antque
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Could be a lot of fun. Talk to a machanic...at the very least I would change the fluids and tighten things up and see if it will run.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

it kind of has a hemingway ww2 vibe to it, and if i could get it running for a couple hundred, I would love to learn on it and pass it on.
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

I was thinking it was a trail 90, which have a following now, but it might be even cooler! I would put all new fluids in it, suspension included if you can get it running. Take the carb off and buy a rebuild kit. Spark is easy to test for and as long as the engine was not destroyed before 84 you might get it going easily. I would do a couple of oil changes in short order if you do get it going to get rid of any gunk in it.

With a couple of kicks and a new spark plug held against the grounded block you can test for spark. I see a bad electric system as one of your biggest hurdles if the motor is mechanically good

It's a Honda, change the oil, put a new spark plug in it and try to drive it in to the ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by skuba View Post
    you can let it free and be as stupid as possible

Thread Killer
    I would like to see your point of view but I can't get my head that far up your ass.

It's just the carb. I've worked and rebuilt a bunch of hondas. New tires, battery, fluids, shock seals, and most importantly the carb. You may need to seal the gas tank if it's rusty, and definitely install an inline fuel filter.

It will go forever.

Yeah, I have a an old honda bike in my garage. All the components are in good order. My plan for it and for you: Just soak your carb in some gasoline, thoroughly clean and tune it, flush all your lines, check the tank and potentially steel wool it out and flush, change plugs and I bet the sucker runs for sure.

Jeez, have some friggin' respect here. That thing had a popular rock and roll song written about it and sung by the Beach Boys.

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Honda[/ame]

C200's are sweet. I have a 1967 CL77 Scrambler and I used to have a '67 CT90 and both run/ran great. Mostly, you'll have to look at the carb and fiddle with the timing a little. X2 on adding an inline fuel filter - it'll save you all kinds of headaches down the road.

If the electrical is rotten, that's going to be a PITA, but the old Honda stuff holds up very well. The tires are probably rotten and need to be replaced. The brakes could be frozen, but aren't hard to work on. Take a close look at the chain and sprockets, you don't need those breaking on you.

These old bikes are so simple, there's just not much to go wrong.

thanks guys.... wish I was more tech-y and mechanically inclined....anyone have a "dude" in the denver area who might take a look at it, who might have some older bike experience

fuck that noise.

gmen.

If you change your mind and just want to sell it, let me know.
    Living vicariously through myself.