Subaru Mags - WRX CE Light - Tumbler Valve

I've had an ongoing CE light that would not always come on when the engine started, but today managed to get it to a shop while it was on.

Came back as a Tumbler Valve Electrical problem.

The shop had never had that CE light before and there wasn't much online about it.

I know that valve is designed to limit air flow into the chambers, mainly during idling, but has anyone ever had more experience with this?

I know I can just clear the code and unless something major is wrong it "should" stay off, but I'm wondering if it's worth it to pay the $100 to take a look at it and make sure the valve is not stuck open or something and cause the motor to blow.
    Quote Originally Posted by wintermittent
    And furthermore. What is up with turkey bacon? Healthy bacon? Unpossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowsprite
    That is like masturbation. People resort to it when they can't have the real thing!

What year is your WRX? I had one of the first year WRX's and I constantly had CE Light problems. Came on about 8 months into me owning the car, and after more times in the shop than I care to remember I stopped taking it in and just left it on. Probably had it on for over 60000 miles with no issues. Owned it to 139,000 before I traded it in.

Do you have the CEL code? I think it tells you which TGV set has the problem.

The TGVs mix up the air flow going into the cylinders when the engine is cold to make starting easier. Once it's warm they don't do anything.

Either yours really aren't working (like the motor is broken), or the sensor that measures whether they're working is bad, I would guess it's the latter.

A couple of thread at nasioc.com that seem decent:
    [ame="http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1180787"]tgv problem p1092 - NASIOC[/ame]

[ame="http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=630216"]TGV sensor part #? - NASIOC[/ame]

You should search there for more info, you'll find a LOT of threads about TGV deletes though, because people remove them on the premise that anything disrupting airflow limits power. Those threads won't apply to you.
    that's all i can think of, but i'm sure there's something else...