Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Was the dood at the INEL sporting some Elite's?

Quote Originally Posted by XtrPickels View Post
    I'm not sure if this is like fightclub or anything...
    ... but I always break the rules

Seems like its the paid versions of some apps, regular versions of others and some apps that probably aren't found in the market.

There's an absurd number of apps in this thing. I opened the list and haven't taken the time to actually read up on what some of these thing are. I haven't installed anything on my phone yet
    I sorted through about 1/2 of it. Now I just go there and search the .txt file for app names when someone suggest an app.

I am always hitting my volume button by mistake and turning my ring volume up or down.
    Volume control lets you set the volume and it will always correct it immediately after you mistakenly hit the button.

I think slacker is > than pandora...but i switch between them for variety

For games..

Real Blackjack and Trap! are pretty cool

All the google stuff is sick...i learned in the maps that if you hold your finger somewhere it gives you the address in a popup- clik the popup and you get the street view...thats pretty neat.

I am waiting for the archive.org app
    let your tracks be lost in the dark and snow

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    So yesterday I used Google Maps to get from my place to Sheridan, MT. Bad idea. I followed the directions and ended up at the security gate a INEEL, explaining to a SWAT looking dude who literally had his hand on his sidearm that my phone led me there. Note to self: Paper maps are still good.
    You should sue the google.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powers
    That's how the plague started back in the day...from a little disgusting bird bath in someones back yard that rats made sex to birds in and created a whole new type of AIDS

Quote Originally Posted by BIGempty View Post
    Was the dood at the INEL sporting some Elite's?
    Nope...super aggro Stroakleys. I would have taken a picture but I think he would have ventilated my forehead.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by TyeStick View Post
    If anyone is on demonoid I suggest looking for a pack called Epic android.... A little bird told me its full of good stuff.
    So whats a guy gotta do to get an invite? I can download the pack but no open sesame.

Lots of great apps listed, many I use but am super happy to upgrade the browser to xScope.

-I dig GPS Speedo for downhill antics
    -AlpineSport is one I just found, haven't tried it yet
    -TFLN
    -EasyTether Pro; $9.99 and you've got unlimited browsing via tethering your phone to the laptop
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible" -Stanislaw Jerzy Lec

i just want to reiterate that if you have android you MUST download swype or slideit. swype isn't available right now unless it comes preinstalled on your phone but slideit works well too. first time i saw it i was like "whatever.." but it works really well.

Angry Birds
    Goals for the season: -Try and pick up a sponsor.--Phill

But whatever scares you most... --Rip'nStick

Building a fighting force of extra-ordinary magnitude
    Quote Originally Posted by gonehuckin View Post
    Angry Birds
    definitely.

also the flashlight app comes in handy

there is a ski report app but all the resorts I want updates on aren't open yet.

I got a financial calculator app but am realizing that I got a D in Finance for a reason.

gasbuddy app shows you where cheap gas is near you.

google googles is kinda cool, take a picture of a company logo and it then takes you to the company's website.

google sky is fun but I haven't done much celestital navigation lately.

The google calendar is sweeeettttt as well, synchs with your google calendar online and you can just add stuff you need to do, people you need to call etc...
    thats new hampshire as fuck

We ain't eager to be legal, so please leave me with the keys to your Jeep Eagle.

Main things i use right now

Angry birds
    WordFeud
    appsorganizer - allows you to essentially group apps and then you can set up quick folders use this with Desktop Visualizer and you can change the folder icon to whatever you want - also handy for making custom icons
    Astro
    Wallpaper set and save
    Beautiful widgets
    Dolphin HD browser - used to use xscope but it got really slow
    Chrome to Phone
    Drop box
    tweetdeck
    HUffington Post
    I have been attempting to put together a custom launcher with launcher pro but i haven't really gotten around to doing icons etc.1

x2 on the pdanet

i am using camscanner now to put biz cards in memory and into google contacts

i dig thinkingspace for making project maps and to do lists.

also for todo lists i like gtasks, it synchs with my google task acct. would actually like to find a better task list than google's though so i could share it with the wife for shopping lists and crap like that
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

For hikers and skiers PeakAR is a solid app as you can use the camera feature to figure out exactly which mountain is which if you aren't 100% sure

wow, I really want a Droid 2 right now.

Rev, what on earth did you need to be in Sheridan, MT for? Buying some cattle?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

SwiftKey - Intelligent text prediction - This thing basically knows what I am going to type!

Bah. I've been debating getting a smartphone for a while, I think I might pull the trigger due to this thread :/

archive.org -->" live music" app --- all your favorite live music at your finger tips.
    let your tracks be lost in the dark and snow

Question for you android gurus - what's the deal with the skype app? Does it work as well as it sounds? You're out of province (or even country for that matter,) and just load up skype and make calls using it, using your data instead of actual minutes? Cheers!

from what i have heard the skype app kind of sucks

Some of my favs...

- Backcountry navigator: Kinda expensive at $10 but lets you easily download topo maps and use them offline (airplane mode + gps will allow the battery to last a lot longer). You can set way points, export to google earth, ect. Alpinequest is another similar program but its not quite as easy to get maps into it. GPS Test helps a lot too.
    -Evernote: Awesome to sync notes from school to my phone so I can study anywhere. Windows client is pretty simple and minimal on features but it works.
    -Wifi teather or PDA net: Both work very well... PDA net is easier, you wont need to root your phone, but wifi teather has multiple computer support and doesn't require a cable (needs root permissions though, see oneclick root for droids)
    -Mytracks: Awesome for hikes and running. Can't wait to use it to record top speeds while skiing...
    -Google voice: Doesn't translate too well but is visual voice mail. You don't have to call it up. Can look at messages online as well.
    -Launcher Pro: If you want to spice up the look of your phone and your not interested in hacking it
    -Rock Player: Can play divx and xvid from sd card. Useful for watching downloaded shows on road trips and such
    -System Panel: Not a huge fan of task killers, I find they don't actually help battery, but this app has more uses, and frankly I do need to kill an app every once in a while.
    -Beautiful widgits: HTC clock n such, looks cool, thats about it

Quote Originally Posted by DownhillRider View Post
    Question for you android gurus - what's the deal with the skype app? Does it work as well as it sounds? You're out of province (or even country for that matter,) and just load up skype and make calls using it, using your data instead of actual minutes? Cheers!
    im running froyo 2.2 and it works, doesn't crash, etc.. but call quality sucks, crackles and breaks up a lot, at least over wifi. haven't tried it on 3G because at 1mb/min its not really saving me any money on my data plan.

Quote Originally Posted by DownhillRider View Post
    I have not personally tested the application on the Droid... but that said you have to remember a few things. First many Droid users are really not on unlimited data plans and may be just as tight on data usage and overages as they could be on minutes. Second I would suspect that the Skype would work OK on a 3G or 4G data speed, but if you do not have at least 3G then it probably would be pretty poor quality due to the slow 1G network speed. If you are out in the middle of nowhere then you are more likely to have good voice quality and marginal data quality like 1G as those are the last areas they add the 3G equipment upgrades.

Skype would be much smarter and better use in my opinion if you install it, set it up so your phone is using standard Wifi connection while around the house and office and use it to make calls. These would then not count toward any minutes or data transfer on the cellular network at all. Plus good option for international and other calls that typically may not be free and hit with large minute surcharges on typical cellular plans.

oh yeah and there's a better folder organizer than apps organizer. its called folder organizer and its by the same guy except everything is done with labels. you pull up a list of all your apps and then select whatever label(s) you want for each one. then you create a widget for each label and voila. wayyyy easier to move stuff around..

Right on, thanks everyone. Ended up with a couple hundred long distance minutes, but only 500mb data, so don't have to bother with the whole skype/voip thing. Got the galaxy vibrant - so good! Should be studying for a test but have been playing with it for a few hours instead hahaha, it's been years since I've been this stoked on something technology related...it's pretty fucking crazy to have the internet at your fingertips whenever you have reception.

Some of these apps are really cool; google sky seems awesome and barely uses any data, can't wait to try it out on a clear night. Google earth is faster than on my desktop, but would rape the usage if not on wifi.

Mytracks is pretty neat, but I don't know how well it's going to work if it's inside snowpants, as it probably won't be able to get satellites, has anyone tried it for skiing yet?

Are there any apps similar to pandora for Canucks?

Quote Originally Posted by grapedrink View Post
    oh yeah and there's a better folder organizer than apps organizer. its called folder organizer and its by the same guy except everything is done with labels. you pull up a list of all your apps and then select whatever label(s) you want for each one. then you create a widget for each label and voila. wayyyy easier to move stuff around..
    thats how apps organizer works