Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Don't tell me this town ain't got no heart....

So who went to Furthur Fest this weekend and who's seeing the boyz where this summer?

I'm going to a good ol' fashion GA show in Lowell, MA at a baseball park, Nateva Festival in Oxford, ME & GOTV.

Post up setlists, passed out wookie stories, Bobby's manpri status, whatever you get/got.
    Last edited by ticketchecker; 06-02-2010 at 06:38 AM.

Shelburne, Hermiker, Lowell.

still have my fingers crossed that the late summer red rocks rumors are true....otherwise i wont get to see them this summer
    let your tracks be lost in the dark and snow

sept: colorado sw socal

July 11, Mann Center, Philly

cdlv.....

got anything more specific?

no exact dates , 3rd week of sept for the vegas/cali shows is all i know

ok did some digging for info & 2 nights @ Red Rocks 9-23/24 is what i hear

I just picked up the FURTHUR FEST shows, and the band sounds kinda off, it sounded like John Kadlecik forgot some words or his rhythm was off. Anybody else feel this way or am I hearing things?

Quote Originally Posted by cdlv View Post
    ok did some digging for info & 2 nights @ Red Rocks 9-23/24 is what i hear
    Thanks for the follow up!

http://furthur.net/

official on sale next week
    vegas dates is nice for me

T minus two days and counting.

Highland Bowl kicks it off Friday, pretty cool venue from what I remember. I grew up in Rochester, saw Johnny Cash there years ago.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ekl4SpTbA6I"]YouTube- New Speedway Boogie--DSO- with Warren Haynes--6.5.10[/nomedia]

^^fun show. It ended at about 2:45 am IIRC. warren played with so many bands it's hard to remember them all.
    DSO

Furthur

Warren is a dirty whore.

How do you put the vids up like that? thx

bracket youtube bracket, then type everything after the = in the you tube url, then bracket back slash youtube bracket

Sorry to hear about Shelburne, haven't been there but sounds like a nice venue.

The more I've thought about this I'm as psyched for Phil as I am bummed for the ticket holders. What other rock star has turned 70 and had a town as progressive as Burlington decide they can't deal with the scene. I'd say Phil & Bob's peers at best are playing the corporate spancered amphitheaters & arenas where security cramps our style. Our boys are trying to bring it to us in the places that deserve them and us. Too bad Burlington couldn't deal with it because this band is as good as they come and is the best thing I've seen since Jerome was alive.

peas, love and blueberries,

see you at Lowell/Nateva/GOTV

Sadly, I will not be going to any. I'm pissed the fuck off about it.

Angry This town ain't got no balls: Shelburne, VT

Further @ Shelburne Farms CANCELLED

Burlington Free Press: Sold-out Furthur concert canceled amid security fears

BSS Guest
    I went to the furthur fest, and it was the most wretched, foul, mess of schwilly, crusty, pitbull-on-a-rope-pulling, balloon huffing spunions the likes of which you have never seen.

The music was great, especialy the full Terrapin Suite. Listen to Joe Russo's drumming during the last ten minutes or so. It's just off the hook. That was pretty special. Larry Campbell gets the shredder of the fest award. That guy was everywhere all weekend. What a true pro.

I'll be at Red Rocks, Las Vegas, and possibly Eugene.

Off to Lowell in a bit, game on. I will keep a wary eye out for the balloon huffing spunions.
    Last edited by ticketchecker; 06-30-2010 at 01:55 PM.

Lowell was great, big Garcia show. Perfect weather, baseball park, way to kick off the summer. Packing for Nateva now....

Saw a save magic t shirt there, I was rockin' the big lepowski.

And I did see the balloon huffing spunions.

i had the save magic long sleeve tied around my waist.

How bout that So Many Roads!!!

Herkimer tomorrow.

I do have to say that the end of China with no rider and the end of slipknot without the franklins seemed awkward, but they recovered and it was great fun.

^^exactly, when they came back to Rider out of Playing I was like 'where the fuck did that come from? The wheel was heavy duty.

Nateva show was real good, played 1/2 step which I thought was weird since I just got one Wednesday in Lowell.

Nateva as a whole was great, all bands showed up and started on time. The weather was great, scene was good. Figures my site was right next to the Wookie Preserve. They were going through this fence in our site all weekend. Pretty sure there was a gathering of balloon huffing spunions on private property. It was like living at the zoo.

Next up => Vibes

Herkimer was he kindest venue I have been to in a long time. The lot scene was reminiscent of Saratoga circa 1982. Super cool place.

The show was peculiar and was delivered in fragments, and IMHO never generated the flow and rhythm of a truly great show. Sage and Spirit was a dud as a second set opener and their song selection and placement is just strange. Regardless, we had a KILLER time. Early to the lot, late to leave, great crew, food, whatknot, beautiful night, with millions of stars, and there was a ridge at the top of the venue hill that had trees that the light crew lit up (candace brightman?)and kept changing colors with the spotlights. Yesterdays show (which was supposed to be in VT-fucking asshole show cancelers!) was the setlist you want to see.