Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

8wt prize

IMO the best looking fish out here.

They eat crabs.
    A woman reported to police at 6:30 p.m. that she was being "smart-mouthed."

The Undisclosed location fishing log

Seriously my favorite thing on TGR, I know you are thousands of miles away from your lovely wife and family but I am still dripping with envy!
    Keep the pics coming.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Hate it when that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Seriously my favorite thing on TGR
    Same here. I dig the shit out of this.

Fish more, work less. This thread is the only thing i check TGR for anymore.
    "The riding never stops" Craig Kelly

Dialed in....more or less

After adding a few more miles each way to my fishing commute things have started to come together.

I was able to grab this guy after a HUGE 80+lb black GT spit the hook. Nice consolation prize I guess after I had blown the previous 4 GT's I had on. It ended being a good warm up fish I guess.

then when we are no more than 100 ft from the bikes and an end to the fishing day....this thing is just mellow cruising only 3 ft off the beach. I calmly walked back 20 feet away form him and dropped a light cast 6 ft in front of him. He then misses the first strike and circles back and hammers it. Some waves were splashing so the POV came out a bit crappy.

really happy to grab my first big guy, he felt slightly heavier than a 45lb plate. It is still hard to stop thinking about the black Gt I had on about an hour before this guy. the black one must have been twice as big as this guy. From 100 ft away he looked like a mega grouper cruising the flats, that was at least my first thought until I saw a 2nd Gt with him. he hit and ran straight at me then turned and spit the fly. I can't believe I had 4 Gt's on today and landed 3. One was a baby so I guess I only had 3 on.

back to the office

Woooohooooo!!!!!!! When you get done, lets buy a big boat and bring germans out for $15k a week!

edit...finally that rod gets to feel some love!! I think it need to be buried out there somewhere!
    ...And the greatest ice must crumble when it's flower's time to grow.

Day of the Bones

None of this today. It was still a GREAT DAY. I Figured I might be looking at a weekend of 25+ miles of biking each day and figured I would not head out too far and go to an area where I know there are decent bonefish #'s and permit and is a bit closer by bike...just to save my legs a bit.

Fishing for bones today was kind of like this...........when this picture was taken a few years ago we were shooting a bundle of steel 55gal drums with a bit of gasoline in each. replace gasoline with bonefish and thats pretty much how the day went.

Here was the prize of the day. It could be that these fish have had it with all the crabs I was throwing over the last 20 days, and previous 3 years??? Crazy Charlies with any chartreuse seem the new thing to fish.

His belly was thick

Go pro battery died so this is a shot of his topside off the video i shot with my camera. This is an accurate shot of how big he really was.

see you later big fella.

one of these too........false hooked him so does it really count?

bump! I'm getting all itchy...

triggers coming, not the kind of an M240 either.

I need some new wading boots, any reccos? I might go sneaker style but the thought of a shark biting my leg without boot seems less attractive than one biting my leg with a neoprine sock on. I suppose I am geting a bit loopy since I have not fished in a week.

meh, as of late

a green spotted trevelly

sunday is usually golf day, notice the tan line. they even let us play six to a group.

"I didnt drop my beer"

Coral Sands Golf Course OPSEC

it had been a while since I fished in the lagoon, with winds shifting it is now more of an option

the bigger of the two triggers landed. The fish crunched on my pliers and would not let them go for a good 30 seconds. one crab per catch, destroyed everytime by the "lepper" teeth.

Awesome fish!!! I love hunting triggers. Is that line across it's face a shadow or stripe? It looks like the Titan trigger from Xmas island, but no brown mustache...what kind is that?!?

sick, so jealous..

I don't really know....but I will find out. That's a stripe. We have not really fished for them much but they are not nearly as skiddish inside the lagoon as they are outside. I swear we dropped 2-3 casts each withing a foot or two of this guy and he never flinched. Next up may be a BxxxxN Pt trip this weekend. Milkfish are on the radar as well now that the winds seem to have shifted to the NW.

Still loving this thread! Nice work 2nd mate!

Sorry no posts for a while

see above. I have been back 110 days ans my best guess is 40-45 days on the flats.

we are now fishing a flat we just recently found access to. plenty of bones to go around.

I spent an hour and a half in the same 50 square meter spot in about 10 inches of water. This one is called Mr Mustache. A big fish right before this ran hard on me and made 2 round turns around a rock 100yds away. I crank and run after him and as I get there he goes all speeder and imperial walker on me(he does 2 turns around MY LEGS) and breaks off. Maybe these fish are not as dumb as I thought???

I have had maybe 10 big GT's on, only landed 3 as of 12/17. This particular fish was all bout big runs. Tons of backing and all i could do to keep him on the flat and out of the deep water. The spot where I have been able to get into the most GT's has a pretty wide flat reef section of at least 200 yards in the narrow places. It might not be enough to stop the big one I hope to get. I could barely pull the line off the reel and this fish took about half my 450yds ob backing before I turned him.

Lots of material showed up last week along with some new flats shoes. 3 Bluefin trevalley broke me off monday after hitting the new crabs I tied with chartreuse brush. I am not so sure about the new 20lb flouro thoug(frog hair???)...tippet broke right where the hook meets the loop. There was a small loop from the perfection loop that I am now using to join the fly to the tippet. Gone is the non-slip loop I used to tie. I have never seen a leader break there before??? Bad batch of flouro?

Ok...what do you need and how can I get it to you to see more?????

Sending Christmans Cards

There has been lots of rain in the last 2 weeks. There have been a few days that are fish-worthy and luckily the 24th was one and then the 28th was another.
    opening presents early at mile 10

I was very happy to land this one. I fell that I am really starting to dial in locations as far as when, where and what fish.

if you make a loud noise the boobies will start to dive bomb you.......Keep quiet and fish on!

baby cuda landed

smallest bone I saw at this place today, my issue was the beach dropped off pretty quickly and the big bones didn't like hitting anything near the surface. Crabs need more weight I suppose. I got a ton of looks from 10+ pound fish but only 1 take who broke me off on the old pier. This was by far the most huge bones I have seen in such a small area

see the sign

So in the last 120 days I have taken out 3 new fly fisherman who have landed ZERO bones, maybe guiding is not my bag????

time to hit the showers

Can I come visit for two weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by mushmouth View Post
    Can I come visit for two weeks?
    Can I go with you?
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

I'm over winter and it ain't even January. Sign me up on the trip too!

fisherman's elbow for the first time
    125 days of work
    Anniversary and birthdays coming up
    Time to GTFO here and go skiing with my kids and wife
    Still waiting on some kind of work on getting a relief out here for me.
    I really home I don't sound like the guy who is tired of having sex with his supermodel wife. If only it would stop raining here???

Everyone talks bout how the Seychelles and Maldives spots over here only have a small window in Jan or Feb. This rain over the past 4 weeks sucks. August to October was windy but the skies were clear 6 of 7 days each week. I have not seen any change in fishing with the shifting of the wind from SE to NW. Only fewer fish worthy days.

I would LOVE to have a new fishing buddy here. It is always better to fish with someone. Any one want to join the Pre-Position fleet?
    Last edited by 2nd mate; 01-02-2015 at 05:34 PM.

Hold onto that First Light Anglers Hat its a collectors item, they just closed...

BUMP!!!!!!!!! ???????????

Awesome stuff man!

Down for a house swap?

First try on a GT

first shot at a video, more to come.