Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast
    Awesome - thanks Xavier! I also like the looks of the 191 BG - LOVE my big dumps but looking for a similar type but more playful ski with taper and rise in the tails - 191 BG looks about spot on!

Huh, looking at those pics a 2 ski quiver with the 191 BG, C & D would be SICK! (Oh, 3 ski for me - keeping my Big Dumps)... can't wait to see specs and graphics!!!
    "If you are prepared for zombies, you are prepared for anything"

De Oppresso Liber

Liking the new rocker profile - should make them faster in the soft stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    Thanks Xavier. Been trying round out what attributes I like for an everyday type ski. The 191 BG looks pretty good. Hoping it's around 122 underfoot, just wish it had less(flat) camber(that might be the killer for me). Another pair of C&D's might be in my future or maybe PF depending on $$. We'll see when Scott posts up dims. Again thanks dude for posting those pics.
    Production 191cm BG has less camber than those protos.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    And this is a good thing
    You should have been here yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by altasnowbirdripper View Post
    Awesome - thanks Xavier! I also like the looks of the 191 BG - LOVE my big dumps but looking for a similar type but more playful ski with taper and rise in the tails - 191 BG looks about spot on!

Huh, looking at those pics a 2 ski quiver with the 191 BG, C & D would be SICK! (Oh, 3 ski for me - keeping my Big Dumps)... can't wait to see specs and graphics!!!
    If you have 191 Billy Goats and Cease & Desists you won't ski the Big Dumps anymore. Might as well try and sell em' now. lol.

I've skied them all, and the Big Dump is a combination of all three, but kinda in the worst ways. It charges like a Wrenegade, but is too fat to be an everyday ski (the Wrenegade definitely is). It's a bit fatter than the BG underfoot, but doesn't float as well because of it's camber/rocker profile. It's too straight to be a tree ski, but the C&D is both better for hauling ass in crud and skiing in the tight spaces. The 191 BG is pretty much a perfect combo between the Wrenegade and C&D, and is what the Big Dump should have been.

1 Ski Quiver? 191 Billy Goats
    2 Ski Quiver? Wrenegades & Cease & Desists
    3 Ski Quiver? All of em'

Ehh... if you're gonna have both the Wrens and C&Ds, you'd probably want to go for the 186 BG over the 191 BG, no? (providing you have the tight/technical terrain for it)

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Ehh... if you're gonna have both the Wrens and C&Ds, you'd probably want to go for the 186 BG over the 191 BG, no? (providing you have the tight/technical terrain for it)
    Well that's what I have right now, and while sweet, I'd rather have 191 BGs for touring/slackcountry than the 186s. And the C&Ds get the nod for the deep resort days anyways. Hell, they are so good even with only a bit of fresh snow they rock. And they can pivot like nobody's business.

Wren,

Sorry to chime in again here, but the new 186 is going to be like the new 191 in camber/tip profile, right? I'm a smaller guy and everyone is clammering for the 191 in the last few pages of this thread. At 5'11 and 170 lbs, the 186 Billy Goat could happily be my daily driver, no? I'm actually looking to downsize to a 1 ski quiver and never have to worry about a ski to pick again for the day (except hardpack days for the Mantra). The 186 BG is slightly longer than the 188 Rossignol S7 I'm told. So...186 is still a sick ski for smaller guys, correct? I primarily ski at Snowbowl in Montana which has variable terrain and conditions typically. 10 inches is a big day there so I'm not sure I need to have a ginormous powder ski. I'm looking for soft snow (8 inch day let's say), tree slaying ski that can still make it down the mogul fields (Snowbowl gets very bumped out).

Thanks for your input. I'm really kicking around 3 skis right now for next year: 186 Billy Goat, 190 Wailer RP112, and 187 Praxis Concept (I have Praxis Powderboards and very impressed with their construction quality).

Oh, one more thing. I love the Praxis Powderboards in the trees even on a 2 inch day. So, I'm trying to look for a more versatile ski that has similar capabilities to the Praxis in terms of slarving and ability to pivot in the soft snow with a flick of the ankles. Thus my interest in the Billy Goat rather than the other skis in the ON3P lineup. I value quickness more than than charging.

If value quickness more than charging it seems like the 186 is a no brainer. It was my daily driver for a solid 2 months of the season before I got on the new ones. Loved them. The difference between the old and new profile on the Wrenegade (which otherwise stayed almost the same) was astounding though. I can't say for sure, but I'm 95% sure the new rocker profile will be not only on the 186 Billy Goat as well, but all ON3P skis for next year. This will only make them better I'm sure. I'm sure Scott, Rowen or Kip can chime in. It should only be a couple more weeks now before they release the official 2012 specs and start the presale.

Rick Astley's on3p Stoke Exchange:

The numbers on the stock ticker go on and on. But your mind is in another place, dreaming of mountains that YOU'RE NEVER GOING TO GIVE ON UP. your dreams and work get rick rolled into one ruh roh moment, and the bulls and bears are shredding with you on your ON3p STOKE EXCHANGE's.

j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

^^^ wow... just wow!
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Do want some 191's and rick astley. make it happen please

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    Sweet. This is excellent news. Hopefully they are flat or damn close to it!

P.S. I really like what you've done with the new skis.

I am confused why people are trying to chose between the 186 and 191 BG. Get both! I am 170lb, 5'10" and plan on using the 191s most days, the 186 will get dukes and be used for winter touring and tree hunting. I think the 186s are more maneuverable and forgiving, but not as solid on hard snow or at speed. The 191s have 80% of the tree ability of the 186, but are way better on hard snow, hence its role as my daily driver for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    I am confused why people are trying to chose between the 186 and 191 BG. Get both!
    Answer: $$$ ... unfortunately, that's the issue for me. I have to make a wise choice the first time.

Lucky for you they are both good choices.

I agree with Wren, and your decision, if maneuverability/slarvability is your primary concern the 186 makes sense. I used it as my primary ski for two and a half years, very happy with it.

Damn - I think I'm gonna have to sell my Big Dumps..!!!

De Oppresso Liber

Finally got out on the 191 BG and also brought my 191 wrens for comparison

Conditions were horrid so. Mostly hard/icy w/ re-frozen mashed off the groom, and a few areas in the shade where boot high pow slashes could be found.

On the hard groom, the ski handled pretty well, but definitely did not rail as well as the wren. Turn radius did not feel that short to me which was a nice surprise, but they could whip nice shorter radius turns when called on. Not hooky feeling at all (note: these came with de-tuned tips and tails). I think if the groom was a little less firm/icy, they would have been a closer match to the wren, but I could feel the detuned tips and tails wash out every once in a while on the harder/icy snow when I was really trying to rail a turn. This was likely me not being in the sweet spot, but I didn't get that feeling on the wrens (which I am familiar with). They were more maneuverable in the trees then the wrens. I could see the soft snow potential with the few pow turns I mined for.

They felt plenty stable.

Are they going in the quiver: yes Probably will get most of the action too

Personally, if I were to pick one ski to have, it would be the wrenegade, but this 191 BG will be a nice addition that can be taken out everyday when called on. More friendly in the trees and the soft stuff, but can still truck.

Did I mention the conditions sucked.

RE: Klauss

Great review - even though the conditions sucked!

I am so stoked on the BG, C & D & Wrens!!!

Geez, I may as well just do the inevitable and dump my quiver and just go with all ON3P for next year!!! (wondering what kind of deal I could work on a 3 pairs ski purchase..)...

De Oppresso Liber

PS...

Quote Originally Posted by wren View Post
    If you have 191 Billy Goats and Cease & Desists you won't ski the Big Dumps anymore. Might as well try and sell em' now. lol.

I've skied them all, and the Big Dump is a combination of all three, but kinda in the worst ways. It charges like a Wrenegade, but is too fat to be an everyday ski (the Wrenegade definitely is). It's a bit fatter than the BG underfoot, but doesn't float as well because of it's camber/rocker profile. It's too straight to be a tree ski, but the C&D is both better for hauling ass in crud and skiing in the tight spaces. The 191 BG is pretty much a perfect combo between the Wrenegade and C&D, and is what the Big Dump should have been.

1 Ski Quiver? 191 Billy Goats
    2 Ski Quiver? Wrenegades & Cease & Desists
    3 Ski Quiver? All of em'
    Excellent info btw thank you!!! - I responded a few days ago but looks like it didn't post.. anyway - I'll now be getting 2 or 3 pairs...

De Oppresso Liber

Depending on the Pillow Fight "short length", my quiver next year for anything that isn't rock hard will probably be:

East Vail / Tree ski = 186 BG
    Soft Snow / Pow Charger= 193 C&D
    All Around fun/pow/touring = OG 191 Caylor

And sorry to say, my Prophet 115's for harder snow and death crud...I just prefer the feeling of Maple Core and Metal for these conditions.
    You should have been here yesterday!

^^^ skis with metal in them will never be touched for crud performance. I suppose I understand why the indie's don't use metal, but if they made a ski with it, I'd buy it.

I personally like heavy skis for the way I ski.

Hell... DPS offers and carbon and hybrid model of the same ski... why not a carbon vs. a thinner core metal laminate option?
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Based on the website, looks like the pre-sale is starting this weekend. Just a heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by bern43 View Post
    Based on the website, looks like the pre-sale is starting this weekend. Just a heads up.
    Really? I'm probably just retarded but I couldnt find anything to support this.