Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    I envision rainbow powder-streamers on deep days... and awaiting the first GrizzlyCorn takes flight TR.

Quote Originally Posted by FranklezZ View Post
    I envision rainbow powder-streamers on deep days... and awaiting the first GrizzlyCorn takes flight TR.
    Rowen had a pretty ridiculous idea for the GC bases tonight. As to whether or not we can pull it off...I dunno. It would be a ton of screens....but wow it would be truly terrible.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Not a big deal, but which set of specs about the Jeronimo are accurate?

181cm Jeronimo
    Running Length: 112cm
    Tip Rocker: 20cm x 1cm
    Tail Rocker: 20cm x 1cm

Webstore:
    181cm Jeronimo
    Running Length: 102cm
    Tip Rocker: 25cm x 1cm
    Tail Rocker: 25cm x 1cm

Quote Originally Posted by theetruscan View Post
    Not a big deal, but which set of specs about the Jeronimo are accurate?

181cm Jeronimo
    Running Length: 112cm
    Tip Rocker: 20cm x 1cm
    Tail Rocker: 20cm x 1cm
    These ^. Thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by advres View Post
    Great... so you paid for a banner like TNF, Oakley, Rossi, etc. Do they post in ski/snowboard about their new product line? You paid advertisement is there for the duration of time you paid for. It doesn't give you the right to post whatever you want, all you want.

Isn't that what the TGR Proshop gear review form is?
    I don't work and I don't save, desperate women pay my way.

So while I am waiting for "something" in the mail I will take a WAG and say it is free shipping on my new Viciks, or am I getting the Wrens?
    watch out for snakes

I was going to guess stickers. Since they seemed to run out last year and a lot of the purchasers were asking for them.

I think you guys are in for a bit more of a treat than you expected

Unless I'm completely wrong and it's just a pin that says "you're number 1"
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

i just hope it gets here soon. i'm moving out next week and don't want the surprise lost in the forwarded mail. And i'm lusting to buy some viciks

Quote Originally Posted by sfotex View Post
    What's the weight on the Vicik?
    I think the average weight from the 3 vicik protos we have out right now was 2350/ski, but that is off the top of my head. BUT we are trying to get rid of the last of the natural bamboo we have left, so using it all on protos. We are using a different bamboo next year that is about 10% lighter, so it will knock ~ 75 grams off that per ski (can't remember the exact vicik core weights off the top of my head). I expect it to end up around 2275/ski. With the 1/2 twin, the core length is pretty long. Identical in length to the 191cm wren, though with a slightly different profile and carbon layup.

Quote Originally Posted by rludes025 View Post
    Scott I have moved is there anyway you can mail me pre-sale thingy to my new address or is it to late?
    Gave you a call yesterday - got yours all ready to go, just need the address. Just let me know and I will see that it gets to the right spot!

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    What skis have sold the fastest now? I'd guess 186 Billygoats or Wrens.
    How many of the 186 BG's will you be accepting pre orders on?
    181 Jeronimo and both the 181cm & 191cm Caylor are doing better than wrens and BGs actually.

I won't give specific numbers, but we are limiting the presale to about ~40% of our target production for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by skibum93 View Post
    So why is this in gear swap now?
    Shouldn't it be in tech talk?
    I thought it should also end up in Tech Talk, considering most of what will discuss in here will be flexes, shapes, weights, etc, etc. Earlier in the week I even sent advres a pm asking him to move it there considering this, but he has yet to reply. Anyway, it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    And to think of all the crap I took last year when I posted those recommendations!
    I thought you were getting crap because you couldn't ski well though if you get down to Portland/Hood anytime soon, we have some mounted up for demo that I would like to see if you would enjoy more!

And yes, it is nice getting feedback from everyone. We went from having 10-15 people try the BGs to well over 100, so the feedback we got back was much more comprehensive.

Quote Originally Posted by IJ View Post
    Scott,
    could you pipe in on the changes you made on the Caylor's? I didn't get on my Caylor's until very late into the season (so i didn't bother doing any kind of ski review yet), however I never ended up feeling as natural or at home as I did with the BG's. I almost feel as though I was mounted too forward. I know that is what they are made for but I almost felt like there was more tail than their was in front. Wondering what changes (if any) were made and how it might change the ski's response.
    Caylors are the same. We are very happy with how they ski, so didn't change anything.

BUT if they feel like they are mounted too far forward for you, they are! Ski_pdx and I worked this issue out for his pair. He was at recommended, -3cm from center. He was having issues anytime in soft snow with one of the skis hanging up. So we sent him out for a day on our demo 191cm Caylors so he could mess with the mounting point and see what suits him best.

He ended up at -5cm back (-2cm from recommended) and they were much, much improved for him.

You can't go THAT far back because of the tail rocker, but I would seriously consider moving them a few cm back. If you want to talk about it more, give me a call/shoot me an email.

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    So while I am waiting for "something" in the mail I will take a WAG and say it is free shipping on my new Viciks, or am I getting the Wrens?
    Quote Originally Posted by unpossible View Post
    I was going to guess stickers. Since they seemed to run out last year and a lot of the purchasers were asking for them.
    Basically it is some cash off for each ski ordered last year, and a way to increase that discount if you have friends/etc that also want to pick up pairs (along with a minor discount for them).

We had huge sticker fluctuations last year depends on the time of the year. We just bought a vinyl cutter, though, so we should be well stocked with stickers all year.

If you ordered last year and got shorted on stickers, let us know and we'll see some make their way to you.

Quote Originally Posted by bouguer View Post
    i just hope it gets here soon. i'm moving out next week and don't want the surprise lost in the forwarded mail. And i'm lusting to buy some viciks
    Rowen and I finally got everything together and I just dropped it off today. Couldn't believe how long it took to do, but definitely had a few set backs (complete noobs when working with photoshop/illustrator & having to hand fold all of the letters after the automated paper folder starting eating them). I also wrote my signature more times that I bet I have in the past year. It is cat scratch to begin with, so by the end it was looking more and more...special.

Oh and licking a few hundred envelops sucks. A lot.

If you don't get it soon, please let me know. We did our best with addresses, but I am sure we will be seeing some of these come back.

Europe/Aussie/NZ guys - we sent stuff out to you as well, but I have NO idea how long it will take, so if you want, just email me and I will get you the PDF I am putting together today. That goes for anyone who is impatient in the US/Canada as well, though both Rowen and I were pretty stoked with how the little letter packets came out.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    Europe/Aussie/NZ guys - we sent stuff out to you as well, but I have NO idea how long it will take, so if you want, just email me and I will get you the PDF I am putting together today. That goes for anyone who is impatient in the US/Canada as well, though both Rowen and I were pretty stoked with how the little letter packets came out.
    I don't think I ever gave you my NZ address... Anyway, if you could email mine i'd be super stoked cause then I can order my skis
    My drinking buddies say i have a skiing problem...

thanks for the info on the Caylors. Sounds like I'm having just about the exact same minor issue. Overall and extremely fun ski.....

and the customer service continues!...

Kinko's should have been able to help with the paper folding and the envelope sealing.

I was pleased to receive some stickers with my most recent order (very impressed with the way they look btw). Its a good thing I tend to open those plastic shipping label holders or I would have missed him. They have been leaning up against the wall for only a day and they are already tormenting me. Can't wait till next season.

Quote Originally Posted by unpossible View Post
    Kinko's should have been able to help with the paper folding and the envelope sealing.

I was pleased to receive some stickers with my most recent order (very impressed with the way they look btw). Its a good thing I tend to open those plastic shipping label holders or I would have missed him. They have been leaning up against the wall for only a day and they are already tormenting me. Can't wait till next season.
    Yeah - we tried to get kinco's to fold everything, but the automated paper folder was destroying the pages. The paper we use for our letterhead is apparently too heavy for them. After the lady ruined a few of them with only one success, we said screw it and did it ourselves.

Someone just told us to use a wet sponge for the envelops, which would have been nice. Rowen and I went through a lot of beer during that process....

and I will reiterate what you said above. STICKERS ARE IN THE FEDEX LABEL when your receive the skis. I am sure a lot of stickers ended up in the trash last year, sadly.

Rowen has been working on some cool new stickers, too. Essentially we are going to offer a sticker packet with an unique sticker for each ski in the line. A few people probably got some of the Billy goat stickers at the end of the year - we are just now expanding it so each ski in the line is represented.

I'm hoping for autographed photos of Downbound Train.

I'm hoping presale makes it to the 16th. Damned lack of funds.

Is the discount coming in the mail going to be applicable to the pre-sale prices? I have a feeling i wont get the mail for some time but would like to buy in the pre-sale. What do you think Iggy?
    If you are getting rad but there is no one to see you. Are you really getting rad at all?

Cool

ON3P= Awesome

watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by theetruscan View Post
    I'm hoping presale makes it to the 16th. Damned lack of funds.
    It will.

Quote Originally Posted by Liveezy View Post
    Is the discount coming in the mail going to be applicable to the pre-sale prices? I have a feeling i wont get the mail for some time but would like to buy in the pre-sale. What do you think Iggy?
    It is applicable on any purchase of new skis between now and the end of 2011, regardless of if it is presale or not.

If you want to get it now in PDF form, shoot me an email.

I posted over on Ttips about your pre sale, sounds like at least one person plans to order some BG's. Hope that is kewl with ya. Still waiting for the snail mail.
    watch out for snakes

If anyone wants to use my code #1333 to get a small discount on your preorder go for it.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by IJ View Post
    Scott,
    could you pipe in on the changes you made on the Caylor's? I didn't get on my Caylor's until very late into the season (so i didn't bother doing any kind of ski review yet), however I never ended up feeling as natural or at home as I did with the BG's. I almost feel as though I was mounted too forward. I know that is what they are made for but I almost felt like there was more tail than their was in front. Wondering what changes (if any) were made and how it might change the ski's response.

new tweaks to the line-up look pretty rad by the way.
    Mount your Caylors back -1 from recommended, maybe even -1.5, and you will be amazed at the difference.
    You should have been here yesterday!

thanks PowTron.. was thinkin the same thing.. I'll probably give it the first couple weeks of the season, and see if it comes more natural, and then I'll probably go for the change.

Just picked up 186 Billygoats....can't wait for winter!
    I'll also be remounting my Caylors at 4 back with fks 155s...even more excited for winter!

For what it's worth, I like big skis and am not used to center-mounts and I went with recommended (-3.5cm ?) and love it. Granted, I'm not a fatass like PowTron so take that for what it's worth.

6', 170 lbs, LOVING the crap out of 191 Caylors in a lot of conditions at all speeds.
    dayglo aerobic enthusiast