Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    The skis look great. Congrats on a second season, Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    CUSTOMERS FROM LAST SEASON – If you plan on ordering skis this season, wait just a bit. We have something in the mail for you.
    So I'm anxiously awaiting for the surprise mail. Any hints on what we can expect? ;D

Quote Originally Posted by theetruscan View Post
    Did you have any prototypers on the Vicik offer feedback? I'd love to know how it rides on basically everything but deep powder.
    The are actually pretty similar to the wrens, just smaller turn radius and quicker edge to edge. Same sidecut length as the 191cm wren, but bit softer.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemcee View Post
    Iggy...can you compare the Vicik to anything out there? Sounds like a good replacement for a Gotama from the dims..how bout the stiffness, etc.
    Gotama, Prophet 100, skis like that will are be pretty similar. The new gotama is pretty stiff if I recall (never skied it) so I suspect the vicik is a touch softer than it, but all of our skis ski stiffer than they hand flex.

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    Any shots of the bases? I'd be stoked.
    Bases are still being developed but as soon as they are done I will post um up.

Quote Originally Posted by polarbear28 View Post
    New line looks sick! Just out of curiosity, you guys going to offer the Grizzlycorn topsheet winner on a model?
    I think we are going to offer a small number of limited editions skis with that graffic. Probably 20-30. Just working the details out.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    OH MY GOD.
    any camber under foot in the wrens? How do the billy goats handle variable and hard stuff now?
    Love the Vicik and the BG graphics.
    Both the wren and BG will come with ~2mm of camber/ski next year.

The BG is less squirelly on hardstuff and definitely flows from turn to turn better. It still won't carve like a wren As I said, I am very happy with the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by coreyb View Post
    holy shit nice work fellas... new lineup is drop dead gorgeous...

how much price for your fine lookin womenz? i want a 176 vicik...

measures more like a 180 right?
    how much tip/tail rocker?
    gotama-like stiffness?

i'm skiing a 183 gold gotama currently and love em but wouldn't mind something the same length, perhaps a touch shorter, with rocker...
    Vicik - 15cm x 1.5cm tip rocker, minor twin, medium stiff (I think similar to older gotamas), and measures true length tip to tail. So yes...comparable to other companies 180cm skis.

Quote Originally Posted by advres View Post
    Not to be a dick... but I know I'll come off like one. You are the only ski manufacturer that uses ski/snowboard to hock your product (nice skis btw). Maybe a pre-sale would be best in gear swap? Going into detail on the ski in tech talk maybe? Shit, even 333 Skis knew enough not to post their crap shit in ski/snowboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by advres
    Look at other hard good/soft good producers on here? Do they spam ski/snowboard? Iggy did it last year and again this year. This IS the main page and an argument can be made that companies who get major viewing on the main page pay for advertisement. Iggy does not. Why does he get a pass? Because he is a new business? Gear Swap is where this should live.
    We payed TGR a good chunk of cash to advertise on here last year, and once our graphics guys are finished up with our base graphics and actually have time to spend making some new ads up, we will again pay TGR for advertising (NS does their advertising differently then TGR, but we pay them to advertise year round).

As to whether or not this should be in Tech Talk or Gear Swap vs Ski/Snowboard - I honestly didn't even think about it, but if people feel that this would be more appropriate elsewhere, then move it (not sure if you still have those powers anymore).

But saying we were spamming TGR last year because we weren't paying to advertise here isn't exactly accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Liveezy View Post
    What's this thing in the mail? I want some new wrens now!
    It isn't a huge deal, more of a small thank you for your support.

Quote Originally Posted by pisteoff View Post
    I think Advres is right. But it isn't enough of a transgression to get the tgr collective panties in a bunch.

The skis look great, but plaid? Really? That said, I really like the specs on the Vicik. It's what the goatama should have evolved into. Seriously considering buying a pair.
    Josh got it above, but Wil used to were lots of plaid/flannel, so it seemed only natural to honor him with it on the ski.

The silhouette on the left ski is from a shot of Wil skiing a few years ago too.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

doughboyshredder Guest
    I don't even ski and I want a pair of those wrenegades. That shit looks sick!

uhh where are the grizzlycorns??
    Perhaps you'd be more comfortable on epicski or Paula's Ski Lovers, AltaNancy.

Trigger pulled. 191 Wrens I'll be waiting for you this fall.

And yes, GrizzlyCorn please.

I Have changed my mind. I want Billy Goats instead of Caylors now.

I think i'm gonna keep my finger off the trigger untill i see if there is any chance of me getting the grizzlycorns on them though.

Noone else wants a 191cm BG?

Let us original customers know about the deal so I can order my Wrens for next year (or this summer, hint hint!)
    dayglo aerobic enthusiast

Iggy,
    Can you give a brief comparison between the BG's vs Caylors? Whats the flex? I'm looking for something with more soft snow performance but wont get kicked around in the heavier PNW snow we get around here.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JimLad View Post
    have you skied the 186? I stood my 186 BGs next to a pair of 190 gold gotamas and they were just about even.
    Carry on my wayward son...

Nope... 191 C&D fills that slot superbly.

Quote Originally Posted by huckster989 View Post
    have you skied the 186? I stood my 186 BGs next to a pair of 190 gold gotamas and they were just about even.
    FWIW
    The 190 gold Got's weren't actually a true 190.
    The stand tip to tail with other skis that are labeled 186.

I do! I do!

Surely anyone wanting a 191 should just be buying the C&D. Similar shape but less sidecut and stiffer (what you would want in a 191cm ski). Those are basically the main differences I can see between the two.
    My drinking buddies say i have a skiing problem...

Well I'm after a single pair of skis to do everything and the C&D is too wide for that.

^^^^^ Then get the Wrenegade...... The BG is an awesome ski but after half a season on a pair I don't think it is what everyone thinks it is. If I can scrounge up enough coin within the next couple weeks I will be replacing my BG's so I can have a true do everything ski.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

New BG is much more capable then the old one.

So why is there such a big increase in price from last year?

Quote Originally Posted by catfishjon View Post
    So why is there such a big increase in price from last year?
    Just us being realistic about what it costs to make skis with high quality materials in the US.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

advres Guest
    We payed TGR a good chunk of cash to advertise on here last year, and once our graphics guys are finished up with our base graphics and actually have time to spend making some new ads up, we will again pay TGR for advertising (NS does their advertising differently then TGR, but we pay them to advertise year round).
    Great... so you paid for a banner like TNF, Oakley, Rossi, etc. Do they post in ski/snowboard about their new product line? You paid advertisement is there for the duration of time you paid for. It doesn't give you the right to post whatever you want, all you want.

As to whether or not this should be in Tech Talk or Gear Swap vs Ski/Snowboard - I honestly didn't even think about it, but if people feel that this would be more appropriate elsewhere, then move it (not sure if you still have those powers anymore).
    Well maybe since you are trying to run a company and promoting heavily on here you should start thinking about shit like that.

What baffles me here is the people calling me out on this. If 333skis, raxskis or any other poser posted this shit in ski/snowboard I would get 5000 emails asking to "lynch this fucking spammer". But Scott here makes skis for one year, has newschoolers all up on his cock and all of a sudden you idiots want to rim job him too and flip the script.

Don't bother asking me to deal with spammers anymore. I'll deal with racists and morons, but I guess spam is way outta my league.

Quote Originally Posted by advres View Post
    Great... so you paid for a banner like TNF, Oakley, Rossi, etc. Do they post in ski/snowboard about their new product line? You paid advertisement is there for the duration of time you paid for. It doesn't give you the right to post whatever you want, all you want.

Well maybe since you are trying to run a company and promoting heavily on here you should start thinking about shit like that.

What baffles me here is the people calling me out on this. If 333skis, raxskis or any other poser posted this shit in ski/snowboard I would get 5000 emails asking to "lynch this fucking spammer". But Scott here makes skis for one year, has newschoolers all up on his cock and all of a sudden you idiots want to rim job him too and flip the script.

Don't bother asking me to deal with spammers anymore. I'll deal with racists and morons, but I guess spam is way outta my league.
    So are you done bitching now?

This thread should have posts from people who are stoked about the new line, not pointless arguments going back and forth.
    My drinking buddies say i have a skiing problem...

advres Guest
    Well I'm glad you who has no idea of anything about this forum chimed in. I'm moving this to the proper forum now. You have only yourself to blame.

I'm not stovepiping Advres, nor am I all pissy about ON3P(the whole lineup looks amazing) BUT, Advres does make a valid point. I imagine Extenze, Maxifresh, and Oakley could make the arguement that if it's good for ON3P, it's good to go for them as well.
    Dismissing the fact that I'd rather slobber over Boutique Skis here then read about the latest breakthrough in making my wife satisfied. That's going to far..

Get over it.

Back to the thread, I love the plaid on the Vicik. Being a member of the Buchanan clan I love tartans. Well done on them all.
    watch out for snakes