Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Do you pee in the pool?

I'm sure this has been discussed before but... Do you pee in the pool? I've been a swimmer all my life, played water polo throughout middle and high school, and my natural reaction when I get in any pool is to pee. I'm not going to get out of a pool that is full of chlorine to pee in a bathroom. Every day during high school water polo you could look at the wall in the first couple minutes of practice and see multiple guys hanging out peeing. I have zero problem with it but some of my friends don't agree. Is this just a swimming thing or do other people accept this practice?
    Man, skiing is the easy part.

"He does this, he says, because he can. I think there is a little more to it that that, however. I think he does it because he can, and you cannot." - PacRimRider1 about Leo Brayman

that ain't all I do in the pool
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Nothing wrong with peeing in the pool.

correct action op

Just adding water...

I've probably done it once or twice when I was younger, but I think it's fucking gross and now will get out to take a piss if i'm swimming.

Here is a question for those who would answer yes to the original question: would you piss while taking a bath?
    Quote Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
    Hey Phill, why don't you post your tax returns, here on TGR, asshole. And your birth certificate.

...dilution is the solution to pollution...

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    I've probably done it once or twice when I was younger, but I think it's fucking gross and now will get out to take a piss if i'm swimming.

Here is a question for those who would answer yes to the original question: would you piss while taking a bath?
    If I was taking a bath in a 20000 gallon tub then yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    If I was taking a bath in a 20000 gallon tub then yes.
    Let's say I'm driving down a stretch of the US's 47000 mile highway system; I notice that other people have tossed trash out their window; I know that if I toss my mcflurry cup it'll probably get lost in the vastness; but guess what? I STILL DON'T CHUCK MY SHIT OUT THE WINDOW because I'M NOT A FUCKING DOUCHEBAG!
    Hey Phill, why don't you post your tax returns, here on TGR, asshole. And your birth certificate.

Good for you, Boyscout. This is different.

It's funny, I will without thinking twice about it. But my two young sons will get out every time. They feel guilty peeing in Lake Michigan.

The above answers are why I refuse to get into a pool.

Good for you, Boyscout. This is different.
    I'm sorry it must be my liberal arts education that is getting in the way of understanding.

How is it different? My point was regarding scale not damage, because that was your response to my posed question regarding peeing in your bathwater. It ain't bad for you, it's just gross.

Pee doesn't last, nor is it harmful. Pissing in a pool is not like throwing trash in a ravine. Even a liberal arts major should grokk that.

Pee doesn't last, nor is it harmful. Pissing in a pool is not like throwing trash in a ravine. Even a liberal arts major should grokk that.
    I'll admit that I edited the post a bit so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt regarding what I said about scale.

Or about what I said about it not being harmful, just gross, which is true whether talking about pools or bathtubs.

adam is offline The Shred Pirate Roberts
    another good reason to stay away from water

I did it all the time in college. Never any more. It's fucking disgusting. And it might not be like throwing trash out a window, but it is deleterious to water quality and unhealthy. Here's a link to read if you think peeing in a pool is perfectly acceptable: http://www.rodale.com/swimming-pools-chlorine

Piss in the pool, piss in the tub and shower or even on a grave here and there. I'll piss anywhere. Ya know why ????? Because I'm a man and I can !

ive pissed in my fair share of pools. But most pools these days have bathrooms right next to them. That and i drink alot of beer these days as well. If i still pissed in pools, id probably piss in one about 10-15 times in a day of swimming.

I was a swimmer throughout my youth and into my first year or two of high school. It was pretty rare to ever see anyone get out of the pool during practice and go piss. In fact, I am pretty sure the coach would of ripped you a new one if you got out of the pool in the middle of practice and said "coach, I have to pee"

There is your answer. And to the idiot that made the comment about a bath tub, it is so different. Would you get into a bath tub after 50 other people were in that same tube and same water? Give me a fucking break.

And bringing up your "liberal arts" education? Are you kidding me? You think that is some accomplishment and we should think so highly of you? I bet 8 out of 10 mags have liberal arts degrees and a third of those guys probably have masters or more....just don't say that again...it was stupid.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    I was a swimmer throughout my youth and into my first year or two of high school. It was pretty rare to ever see anyone get out of the pool during practice and go piss.
    Well, yeah, we all do lots of stupid shit when we're kids. That doesn't mean you need to continue doing these things as an adult.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Well, yeah, we all do lots of stupid shit when we're kids. That doesn't mean you need to continue doing these things as an adult.
    I agree, but I never got sick or had any other issues from it and I was in a pool 5 or more days a week, including winters, for probably 8 years in a row. Now a days, I am in a pool maybe twice a year...have I pee'd in a pool in the last 4 or 5 years of my life...I am sure I have, but it is not like I get into a pool to piss.

Besides, piss is sanitary. I would much rather people shower before they get into the pool and not have any open cuts and then get in and piss, as apposed to the opposite.

I swim in a lot more lakes and guess what? They are full of fish shit and I piss in them, and nothing has happened to me yet.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

ill walk to the edge of the pool and pee in it. when im not swimming.
    Perhaps you'd be more comfortable on epicski or Paula's Ski Lovers, AltaNancy.

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    And bringing up your "liberal arts" education? Are you kidding me?
    It was a light hearted jab at tippster regarding his comments in another thread, clearly went over your head, don't get your panties in a bunch

Elaine: Since when is a drain a toilet?

George: It's all pipes! What's the difference?

Elaine: Different pipes go to different places! You're gonna mix them up!

George: I'll call a plumber right now!

Jerry: Alright, can we just drop all the pee pipe stuff here?
    holy fucking shitballs