Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Super Bowl XLVIII in Meadowlands

I'm not sure how to feel about this... not that it makes a bit of difference to me personally since there is zero chance I will actually be attending the game. But being a football fan, and a practitioner of snow-sports, I'm conflicted about the idea of holding one of the biggest sporting events on earth in the potential path of a nor-easter.
    Your thoughts...?
    As a snowboarder... i fucking hate snowboarders in general. -advres

Quote Originally Posted by Derider View Post
    I'm conflicted about the idea of holding one of the biggest sporting events on earth in the potential path of a nor-easter.
    Your thoughts...?
    My thoughts? You sound like a pussy.

All about the league growing a pair and having it in Jets stadium. 1 step closer to having it at the Linc.

wow.
    there is so much money bet on the game, how does Vegas factor in last minute weather forecasts.

And so many whimpy fans in mega dollar seats that wanna toga party not freeze their asses..

that is surprsing to say the least. I wonder what they had to pay to make it happen?
    . . .

Personally I say fuckem, your a professional athlete cowboy the fuck up and give it 100%. However, I think that part of the reward of making it to the superbowl is that you get to spend two weeks somewhere warm and comfortable preparing for the biggest game of your life.

If your gonna fuck with the teams and make them play in the NE, it should be Buffalo. Better chance of at least getting lake effect if a storm doesn't hit at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by shaft View Post

All about the league growing a pair and having it in Jets stadium. 1 step closer to having it at the Linc.
    I'm not worried about people's comfort, I'm worried about the quality of the game... a case could be made that if the site is neutural the weather ought to be as well.
    So get fucked, jong.

What they should do is have the fucking thing in Denver where they know it won't snow in February.

For every other game of the season, including all playoff games, they allow weather to be a potential factor in the game (if the game happens to be at an open air stadium). It always bothered me that for the SB, they took out that factor. And it bothered me that they would not let every stadium a shot at hosting. So I am in favor of the change, and am hoping for a crazy-ass snow bowl Super Bowl in 2014!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I like it personally...I always hated the fact that the game was not somewhere freezing cold with lot's of snow...but I grew up in Pittsburgh watching the Steelers and bad weather is as big a part of football for me as beer....they go hand in hand and I think it makes the game better.

However, I will say that if they are going to play it somewhere where snow and freezing cold temps and rain are going to be a factor, they should mandate that the stadium have turf and not natural grass.

Natural grass in the North East that time of year would be a disaster and ruin it for everyone else.

I actually hope for temps between 25 and 32 with a light snow the first year. Don't want anything to major to ruin it, but a nice light snow would make it look sweet for TV.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by Derider View Post
    I'm not worried about people's comfort, I'm worried about the quality of the game... a case could be made that if the site is neutural the weather ought to be as well.
    So get fucked, jong.

What they should do is have the fucking thing in Denver where they know it won't snow in February.
    Is he really a jong--you both joined in 2007...

Man, you ain't seen nothing yet if you thought you were caught in the worst Giant's jam on Rt. 3 before.

What's pathtetic about this is that, not only is the weather stupid, but, it may be one of the ugliest places to hold that game in history. What the hell were they thinking? Who paid off whom?

In would love to see the Super Bowl come to some northern cities. Football is not meant for Miami. Bring it to Lambo!

Quote Originally Posted by timnormandin View Post
    Is he really a jong--you both joined in 2007...
    You're not that bright are you tim? I think it's pretty clear who's been geeking out around here longer.

To the point of the thread... was thinking about how this locale will affect the poor bastards who shell our a grand just to get into the stadium... looks like they'll be investing in a slick new North Face puffy to keep em warm.
    I like gretch's idea of a light dusting... perhaps subsiding just before kick off. A cold, crisp, clear super bowl in new york (errrr....jersey) would just be off the hook. On the other hand, an arctic fire hose pointed at the meadowlands on super bowl sunday would be kind of a bummer.
    And speaking of which, since they made an exception for the location, they should move the game to Saturday so everyone can get shitty and have Sunday to recover.

Ice bowl

Nuff said.

Well, not really nuff said. Jersey? Really? Oh well, not like Foxboro is the ideal location for a football game either.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    What's pathtetic about this is that, not only is the weather stupid, but, it may be one of the ugliest places to hold that game in history. What the hell were they thinking? Who paid off whom?
    You think the new stadium is ugly, or that the Meadowlands area is? You do understand that both the NFL and the broadcaster are wetting themselves to be able to do a pan from the Manhattan Skyline to the Superbowl game, right?

i think it's great! it is the way football should be played...elements are part of the game. both teams will be dealing with the same weather...it's fair.

^^^ Ditto - weather can play a factor in getting to the big game....so why not.

J E T S Jets Jets Jets....

ok bye

I love the idea. No team has an advantage, what team actually gets use to playing in a Noreaster or in 50 mph wind? The only teams that have something to bitch about, are the teams that play inside, which I think is the biggest downfall in sports all together. F$ck Domes. Especially the Trop, what kind of ground rules are those? They read like a backyard whiffle ball game.

The Superbowl ain't about the game it's about the show. It's Hollywood production and bubble gum. You can't have "a show" in the snow. What are you going to do about a half time performance if it's 10 degrees?

I think when this happens it will be a colossal shit show.
    Last edited by Lonnie; 05-26-2010 at 09:32 AM.
    This is the worst pain EVER!

What about Denver? Seattle? KC? San Francisco?

I say move it around the country.
    "Have fun, get a flyrod, and give the worm dunkers the finger when you start double hauling." ~Lumpy

They just spent $1.6 BILLION on a new stadium. They have to let them host the SB, once. I bet they loose tons of corporate sponsorship and it will never return. None of the big wigs want to go to Jersey in January.

I also bet Jerry Jones/Dallas gets it the next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    They just spent $1.6 BILLION on a new stadium. They have to let them host the SB, once. I bet they loose tons of corporate sponsorship and it will never return. None of the big wigs want to go to Jersey in January.

I also bet Jerry Jones/Dallas gets it the next year.
    Jerry is hosting it this season.

They aren't going to lose any sponsorship money. You think hosting the week long events in NYC is worse than Detroit or Indianapolis? It isn't exactly warm and sunny in those location in February and I don't think anyone can make the argument that those are better cities than NYC for parties, restaurants and other corporate B.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    It's Hollywood production and bubble gum. You can't have "a show" in the snow. What are you going to do about a half time performance if it's 10 degrees?

I think when this happens it will be a colossal shit show.
    Ever watch the opening ceremonies at the Winter Olympics? they seem to make it work.

The halftime show:

Stupid.
    Who wants to go see a superbowl game in the freezing cold?
    A playoff game? Hell yeah! Bring on the snow.
    Superbowl? No fucking way! I wanna have fun in a warm, sunny place with women wearing less (NOT MEADOWLANDS) for that kind of dough.

I love how the media is calling the host site "the New Jersey-New York area".

And it's about time the Super Bowl moves to outdoor locations north of the Florida panhandle. Football has always been billed a game of the elements and why the biggest game of the year is devoid that is problematic to many.

Quote Originally Posted by shaft View Post

Jets Stadium. That's hilarious