Bike computer GPS?

Hey Guys,

My wife gets lost going to the mailbox. She would like to ride more on her own but is scared of getting lost. Can anyone recommend an easy to use GPS that would allow her to find her way home to put on a road and mt bike?
    The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them.

does she have a smart phone (iPhone or droid type thing)?

most the new ones have free apps with integrated maps and gps. resolution on those should be fine for getting someone home

I gadget to rule them all......
    let your tracks be lost in the dark and snow

Quote Originally Posted by gorms View Post
    does she have a smart phone (iPhone or droid type thing)?

most the new ones have free apps with integrated maps and gps. resolution on those should be fine for getting someone home

I gadget to rule them all......
    She is not allowed to have a smart phone until she can keep track of the cheap phones!!
    The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them.

The land of Genesee Cream Ale and homemade pierogies!
    Garmin has the nicest bike-handlebar mounts I've ever seen. That is for several of their GPSes, the 76 series (older), and Colorado and Oregon (newer and more $).

The bread crumb feature on those models allows you to retrace your steps for a return route, and will warn you when you get off track.

You can get an inexpensive model in the GPS-76 series line, with a B&W screen and above features.

Edit: I just read easy to use in your post. Look closely, simple intuitive interfaces are not a Garmin strong point.