Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16
    Quote Originally Posted by DerJaeger View Post
    Shuttling Snowbasin? I'm tempted...

Work is proceeding on the freedride park. I'm told we'll be getting machinery in within a couple of weeks.
    Affirmative on shuttling Snowbasin. I'll post again when I pick up my bike.

Is the city giving you operators with the machinery? I did a few years of excavation and can operate the shit out of bobcats to track hoes. I know my way around a shovel too. Whatever helps, I'm in. Shoot some info my way!

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit
    What kind of trails are these?
    95% downhill, but low angle fast pedaling. A few mildly steep technical sections if you hit up Icebox Canyon. About 25 minutes car-to-car if you're haulin' ass.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMomJustCalled View Post
    Where is?
    It's the Crest to Mill D's southern cousin. I usually park at Spruces ride the road up to Silver Fork. Find my way through the neighborhoods to a st that climbs to soli. Up Queen Bess or Serenety then climb the road towards the summit lift. Take a left before the top to one of the coolest singletracks around,(first pic) that takes you to Twin Lakes pass. Drop into Grizzly Gulch for a bit and then go up to the ridge above Silver Fork. Follow around and down into Days Fork and back to the car. Whew.

It's doable in a couple hours, we should hit before work sometime this week.

The last pic is from Diamond Fork. Really good down there

New work in Thaynes - park city

Anyone have any idea if the new switchbacks on mid mountain on the thaynes side are permanent? I know all the stuff in the canyons is temporary for the new lifts, but the new stuff to avoid the construction in the saddle really sucks.

Thanks,
    Last edited by Canada1; 09-23-2010 at 07:13 AM. Reason: Fight club

what is that rule about fight club again? you know, that first one. The one everyone around here seems to forget.

Yeah canada JONG, you might want to keep that one on the DL.

And delete that post.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    Anyone have any idea if the new switchbacks on mid mountain on the thaynes side are permanent? I know all the stuff in the canyons is temporary for the new lifts, but the new stuff to avoid the construction in the saddle really sucks.

Thanks,
    I hope it is temporary. I was stoked to rip the hell out of that long rocky downhill from the saddle of Iron Mountain to the Canyons. Needless to say, I was a bit nummed when we saw the reroute last sunday morning.

FWIW though, mid-mountain, from Deer Valley to the Canyons was in fantastic shape, and super fun, and the leaves were awesome. We also saw some great costumes as we passed through the Tour De Suds route in the morning. The Gary and Ace (ambiguously gay duo) costumes were particlarly rad, although pedalling in yellow galoshes looked below average.
    Keep it unclipped

Springsprojects post inspired me. I love seeing posts that make me want to get out and shoot. This loop was awesome and long, but worth it. Here are some pics.

carston at Twin lake pass after climbing solitude. That climb/push sucked, but the view from here is amazing.

Prince of whales mine. Some really cool history here.

carston playing on the white spires of solitude

Me rolling down into silverfork.

on the way to Days.

The down hill into days is amazing. Long, steep, Fast, and buff. Maybe one of the better downhill sections in utah. Takes quite a bit to get there, but worth it. Thanks Springsproject! I have to give you credit for this one.

Anyone riding tomorrow morning? I have a couple hours to ride before I head back to CO.

Gonna hit flying dog in the AM. PM for details if you're interested.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air