Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    ^^ I rode from the lower parking lot across the resort and then to the overlook trail a few days ago. The overlook trail was as buff and tacky as I have ever seen it. They are starting a new trail up there that will run from the top of the overlook ridge somewhere out towards icebox area, should be good. I also heard that the new N. Fork trails are in good shape.
    Loving the new additude up there. The potential is exciting.
    bumps are for poor people

So on zion's word I rode overlook this morning, the top section was super buff and smooth, but the bottom (from the saddle down) was wrecked by the Cat they have been using to cut the new trail. Its about three times as wide now, rutted in the middle, and looser than a hookers snatch. I was pretty disappointed. Hopefully they will fix it when the new trail is complete, otherwise I will probably go do it myself. The new trail looks pretty interesting though.

I also rode Maples though Icebox Canyon and Wheeler's after Overlook. To my great surprise, the top part of Maples was by far the smoothest and tackiest I've ever seen that trail, best part of the ride by far. Once further down the trail, it turned into the choppy, rocky, and equestrian violated trail I'm used to seeing, but the first half of it blew my mind. Icebox was money too and the root drop is starting to form again, which has been absent in the last few years. There was a fallen tree on wheelers that has had a line cut around it, as well as a new boulder, but for the most part it is still its loose, gravely, and fast self.

Bitchin' ride today
    Last edited by Dickeymotto; 06-24-2010 at 01:40 PM.
    All I know is that I don't know nothin'... and that's fine.

Anyone ride MMT from PCMR to The Can.? They re-routed a section of the trail on the Iron Mtn. section. It is almost impassible. WTF???
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Crest > Mill D = Ice Cream Tits. A couple of snowy patches totaling maybe 2 minutes of walking

A few from the Southern Skyline in Ogden:

rode the rush trail 2.0 last night, i was pretty impressed with parts of the trail were the flow was good, some fun jumps and berms but others were just plain strange; up hill sections into a jump line, maybe it was just that it was loose and uncompacted so there was just no speed to be had.
    ayuh

Rode crest today. Snow almost all gone and getting really dusty in mill D. Super fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Anyone ride MMT from PCMR to The Can.? They re-routed a section of the trail on the Iron Mtn. section. It is almost impassible. WTF???

It's plenty rideable as of yesterday, just not the most fun being so loose and dusty. You are automatically routed on the new trail but then want to make sure to stay right at the two new trail junctions if you are going from DV or PCMR towards the Canyons after the new trail bypasses the meadow. If coming from the Canyons towards PCMR and DV the old trail stays left while new trail takes a switchback to the right. The new trail looks like a highway and old trail looks like a random old game trail here, tricky. I had some friends riding it that direction that took the new trail and all it's loose switchback glory by accident and they were not impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx View Post
    It's plenty rideable as of yesterday, just not the most fun being so loose and dusty. You are automatically routed on the new trail but then want to make sure to stay right at the two new trail junctions if you are going from DV or PCMR towards the Canyons after the new trail bypasses the meadow. If coming from the Canyons towards PCMR and DV the old trail stays left while new trail takes a switchback to the right. The new trail looks like a highway and old trail looks like a random old game trail here, tricky. I had some friends riding it that direction that took the new trail and all it's loose switchback glory by accident and they were not impressed.
    Agreed, rode it this past saturday, not really fun yet, needs traffic, needs rain, pretty bumpy, but certainly rideable, and dusty as hell. Have fun!

does anyone know what the dog laws are in Corner Canyon??
    ayuh

Quote Originally Posted by thebigeast View Post
    does anyone know what the dog laws are in Corner Canyon??
    That is a good question, I'm not really sure. I ride with my dogs fairly regularly and haven't had any dirty looks of comments from anyone, but my pups are pretty good about yielding the trail to everyone. I have kind of taken the attitude of if horses are allowed up there dogs are too.
    Thanks Shane

Quote Originally Posted by cpj.slc View Post
    That is a good question, I'm not really sure. I ride with my dogs fairly regularly and haven't had any dirty looks of comments from anyone, but my pups are pretty good about yielding the trail to everyone. I have kind of taken the attitude of if horses are allowed up there dogs are too.
    This past year they put up watershed signs at the bottom of Ghost Falls, as well as other spots in Corner Canyon. I think there is a map at the top of Clark's that shows watershed designation. Also if you ride from the Church a lot of the sections are marked as No Dogs. Places to ride with your dog are already few and far between, this just makes it worse. I guess PC is fair game...

hmm...i cross posted this same question on utahmountainbiking's forums...and was told some trails are fair game some are not....i am wondering if my gf can run with her dog there...leased is ok too
    ayuh

hmm...i cross posted this same question on utahmountainbiking's forums...and was told some trails are fair game some are not....i am wondering if my gf can run with her dog there...leased is ok too
    I think BST and Clark's might be fair game, but haven't really studied that map. Getting a ticket up there would suck!

so i called draper parks and recreation dept: all of corner canyon is on lease only, the only trails dogs are completely prohibited is ghost falls, everything else is fair game
    ayuh

I talked to a friend today that had tried to ride the Little cottonwood trail with his two little girls this weekend. I don't think he really gets out a ton, but didn't know to much about the closure on the trail. He said that two ranges were patrolling and gave him a ticket. He didn't know how much it was going to be, but the posted sing at the bottom said 5000.00. I asked him to try and find out more. So just be careful out there. I guess they are serious about it. I will post more when I find out.

MeowWoofWoof Guest
    Wait, you are telling me that they are employing rangers to police the trail and they handing out tickets to innocent people?

Ummm... excuse me...

THE RANGERS SHOULD BE FIXING THE GODDAMN TRAIL!!!!

Greedy, lazy bastards!!

Your government at work.

Umm MWW...excuse me:

Bobsled two weeks back:

It was fun.
    bumps are for poor people

so i called draper parks and recreation dept: all of corner canyon is on lease only, the only trails dogs are completely prohibited is ghost falls, everything else is fair game
    Which makes sense since most of the other trails are open to horses.....
    This is the worst pain EVER!

Haven't they heard of water purification plants out here? Are they assuming that people don't go hose where ever they damn well please....regardless of watershed status. How about moose? I am all for protecting the environment, but there are times when I feel that we need more protection from idiots than the canyons need protection from dogs.
    Low post count because I'm too busy working and then skiing, but not neccessarily in that order.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    PM Bushwacker.
    lol how am i suppose to do anything form pittsburgh

I have the tech though much more of it here than in utah.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunder View Post
    Looking for a few trail recs.... a bit bored with the bobsled, Corner canyon / draper and flying dog / Glenwild and Deer valley. Is there anything around here that is a bit more technical to suite my PNW tastes?
    well I am not there, but Springproject, Jtrue, and JohnGcrhist seem to find some pretty technical stuff. there really is nothing super technical in the SL and PC area. Well LCC trail but apparently you cant ride it anymore.

for an XC trail some of the lesser talked about trails in PC like John's trail have it.

These are XC rides with a bias towards tech but here is a good list

Blackhawk loop in payson
    Uinta, a couple of the guys on here have done the bench creek loop with me, but there is other stuff that dieselheadcruiser showed me that rocks as well
    American Fork Canyon has some techy stuff as well, and is just super fun to ride.
    Price has tons of fun and technical riding

wish I was there to go with you but I am enjoying the east coast rain forest for now.

Quote Originally Posted by otter View Post
    I talked to a friend today that had tried to ride the Little cottonwood trail with his two little girls this weekend. I don't think he really gets out a ton, but didn't know to much about the closure on the trail. He said that two ranges were patrolling and gave him a ticket. He didn't know how much it was going to be, but the posted sing at the bottom said 5000.00. I asked him to try and find out more. So just be careful out there. I guess they are serious about it. I will post more when I find out.
    A $5,000 fine so the forest circus can get some hookers and blow. That's our feds at work for you. Christ, give any maggot a day with some heavy equipment and we'll fix the fucking trail for free, in half the time, and it will be twice as good as it ever was.

Fuck you forest circus. Did I cuss enough to get my point across?

Quote Originally Posted by otter View Post
    so how much of lcc trail is actually closed, all of it (top of the canyon to the bottom) or just the quarry trail?

Gorgoza update?

Does anyone know what is going on with the Gorgoza freeride park? About two months ago Dr. B said they broke ground but I haven't heard anything since? It would be awesome to get to ride it by September or so. Are they looking for help with the trail yet?
    Thanks Shane

Quote Originally Posted by cpj.slc View Post
    Does anyone know what is going on with the Gorgoza freeride park? About two months ago Dr. B said they broke ground but I haven't heard anything since? It would be awesome to get to ride it by September or so. Are they looking for help with the trail yet?
    Quite a bit of trail has been cut, and features are being built and buffed as we speak. The Snyderville Basin Rec District has a small crew out there working on it, but they are not looking for public volunteers yet. Basically since it's machine cut and shaped, they don't need much manpower. Which is sweet, b/c fingers crossed we'll have a new flowy slopestyley trail sometime this fall. I think Sept is probably wishful thinking though, my totally unfounded guess is Oct/Nov.
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.