Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    ...on the flip side, Mormon Pioneer Trail from Little Dell to the pass is MONEY! Two small puddles, dry otherwise, just fast and fun!

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    You mean the Southern Skyline trail? That would be surprising but good news! Best trail in the Wasatch IMO. Now I just have to get in shape.
    Yes Southern Skyline is perfect. It has been crushing me going up from Pineview.

cellphone pics:

bumps are for poor people

Quote Originally Posted by westoxified View Post
    900 CFS!!!!!!
    a small house every second. wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Slaag Master View Post
    a small house every second. wow!
    Umm, no. You are confusing square feet with cubic feet. 1 cubic feet is about the size of a basket ball, so it's about 900 basketballs a second....

900 Cubic feet is about 9.66'^3
    This is the worst pain EVER!

Did a recon on Mill D up to just before Deso and it was in pretty good shape, had to turn around due to time constraints. From Dog Lake Jct up towards lake there were some snow patches and trees down but not a ton of mud. Probably needs another week or so to melt out. From the Jct down was saweet!

Draper DH probably couldnt be in any better shape than it is right now. A couple new jumps even.

Clarks down tonight was awesome. 20 min rain shower on the way up made for way fun down. If it doesn't pour tonight, i imagine it should be in similar shape tomorrow AM

ive been riding corner canyon almost daily...ghost falls is super fun right now, and everything else seems to be riding well...the only thing i can complain about is the damage on lower clarks from people riding when it was muddy and the lower canyon is a bit sandy and loose but that is usual
    ayuh

Quarry Trail carnage. Bridges wiped out, eroded banks, 8ft trenches. Impressive damage from the river.

^^^ And that almost looks as though it filled in with the rolling boulders and dirt from the first night.

In case people don't realize what they are seeing. The above picture that looks like a river bed is the actual trail! ...or where the smooth flat trail used to be anyway.

BTW, for anyone interested in checking things out farther up, the trail is closed. Posted signs notify of fines up to $5,000.00 per person or $10,000 per group or organization.

edit: That canyon would have continued to grow and destroy more trail and cause problems in Wasatch Resort. A few volunteers quickly worked to divert water back into the main river. The diversion point is now the bend right in front of TH's bike.

Quote Originally Posted by powder4breakfast View Post
    ^^^ And that almost looks as though it filled in with the rolling boulders and dirt from the first night.

In case people don't realize what they are seeing. The above picture that looks like a river bed is the actual trail! ...or where the smooth flat trail used to be anyway.

BTW, for anyone interested in checking things out farther up, the trail is closed. Posted signs notify of fines up to $5,000.00 per person or $10,000 per group or organization.

edit: That canyon would have continued to grow and destroy more trail and cause problems in Wasatch Resort. A few volunteers quickly worked to divert water back into the main river. The diversion point is now the bend right in front of TH's bike.
    wow, I wish you told be that before I rode it today. Didn't see any one on the trail and it was sick. Any idea when it will be open?

Oh wait, dose that count if you are riding illegal trails?

Kinda really bummed about the Quarry. Since I don't have a ton of time now that we have Sam, that was my go to ride whenever I could get away quick, ugh! I'm glad I got to ride it a bunch though. Last Sunday on it was pretty much the scariest ride I've been on cause of that first bridge and trying to cross it-so glad I made it across but the water was so EFFFING cold!

Been riding in Draper a lot. It's so good right now.
    you sketchy character, you

Quote Originally Posted by altachic View Post
    Been riding in Draper a lot. It's so good right now.
    Is the Draper area good to go this afternoon? I was wondering with the recent rain if it would be a gooey clay mess or hero dirt.

Please say hero dirt

Quote Originally Posted by guest View Post
    Is the Draper area good to go this afternoon? I was wondering with the recent rain if it would be a gooey clay mess or hero dirt.

Please say hero dirt
    Hasn't rained yet. None last night, none so far today but it looks like it might start soon. Clarks was dry and dusty last night.

Quote Originally Posted by guest View Post

Please say hero dirt
    Was on it last night around 8pm and it was great. I live in Sandy and it hasn't really rained at all here today so I imagine it's still good.
    you sketchy character, you

Thanks guys! I was out there Wednesday and saw the effects of riding those trails before they're ready; I'd rather not contribute to that mess. Unfortunately, it looks like there is a big blob of rain sitting right on top of the Oquirrhs. Hopefully it stays over there for a while.

edit: Raining. Boo.
    Last edited by guest; 06-11-2010 at 02:26 PM.

Kimball Junction The Dark Side Of The Wasatch
    NCS was almost completely dry on Wednesday. (1 or 2 corners with oil slicks, 1 patch of snow 6-10' wide on a ski run you can ride over/through).
    Jibs Not Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by powder4breakfast View Post

When you are referring to "farther up", how much "farther up" do you mean. And is it a temporary close for flooding reasons, or a permenant close for trail access reasons.

Gow - Thinking through what has happened with the Little Cottonwood Creek, I expect this is all officially regarding Quarry, but I'm pretty sure if they really wanted to, they could throw that fine at anyone on the trails above as well. It's all due to flooding so I would guess it would depend on who caught you doing what and what mood they were in. I'm sure they don't want to have to rescue anyone so I would think if you are WELL away from the "river" and on the LCC road side, it would be a hard case for an officer to make. That said, I'm not sure what the fine is for riding or building an illegal trail in a National Forest. It may give them motivation to enforce that a little more strictly

Quote Originally Posted by Gowboy From Hell View Post
    When you are referring to "farther up", how much "farther up" do you mean. And is it a temporary close for flooding reasons, or a permenant close for trail access reasons.
    Posted signs say the closure includes everything from the trailhead at the mouth all the way up to Tanners campground. Yes, the closure is due to flooding. They feel the area is unsafe right now... which sucks cause most of the trail is probably completely safe and money right now. They also do not want anyone in the way as workers do their thing to bridges and damaged areas. Exceptions are police officers and workers etc.

It is temporary.

I've been getting my ass kicked running with my kids and the PC cross country team this week. Yesterday and today we were running around Round Valley and I couldn't help but wish I was riding as the trails were in such great condition.

Heavy rain started this afternoon and it's supposed to continue through the weekend.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Science-fiction author Robert Heinlein

got a doctors apt in Park City tomarrow....is anything up there going to be dry and worth riding??
    ayuh

Draper trails are way too muddy to ride right now but doesn't look like that's stopping anyone.

Any recs on dry trails after it rains?

I'll mention Eagle Mountain, I-Street, Antelope (if you like bugs), and, ummm...is Stansbury too high? Anything else? Seems like people need some advice...