Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Floyd Landis is a loser

Here we have one of the great losers of professional cycling trying to make us believe his allegations despite the fact that he is telling us, in the same breath, "I just lied to everyone for the past 4 years" and "a whole slew of pros who hav...e never tested positive have been doping all along". I'm not a big Lance fan but he statement is pretty conclusive: "It's our word against his word," Armstrong said in Visalia, Calif., before the fifth stage of the Tour of California. "I like our word. Welike our credibility."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...DDLETopStories

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/land...g-and-bruyneel

Hugh Conway Guest
    is this the first dick sucking post in the new padded room?

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    is this the first dick sucking post in the new padded room?
    Yes Hugh, I'd say you have indeed achieved that. Continue sucking.

The old "I was a lying sack of shit up until now" routine?
    No Roger, No Rerun, No Rent

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Wunderkind View Post
    Yes Hugh, I'd say you have indeed achieved that. Continue sucking.
    How Landis of you Wunderkind

Touche. But seriously, this story really pisses me off - mostly for the sake of Dave Zabriskie here in SLC. Timing and everything when DZ is leading the tour of California... just smacks of a desperate grab at the limelight.

... just smacks of a desperate grab at the limelight.
    ...Bingo

Hugh Conway Guest
    Timing and everything when DZ is leading the tour of California... just smacks of a desperate grab at the limelight.
    No denying that but where'd the story come from? Landis sent the emails 2-3 weeks ago (4/30-5/6) and refused comment for the WSJ story, so it's not all him - WSJ is looking to make headlines. Landis never struck me as having the best PR people so I'd perhaps look elsewhere for an axe to grind.

My view - Landis is a doosh for many reasons and so is Lance. My call - Armstrong doped, didn't some euro rider accuse of him of same a few years back? Just my gut feeling.

Well I saw it via Cyclingnews yesterday afternoon. Evidently it wasn't leaked to the press until then. WSJ was not sitting on the story until now, that's for sure. I'm sure he's refused to comment b/c he doesn't want the inevitable defamation suit that he's realized is coming his way.

I was lucky enough to get this rare shot of Landis last Summer
    "Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is" -Charles DeMar
    Never argue with an idiot..They always drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

In related news, Armstrong drops out of the Amgen Tour of California today....

I can see Floyd going after Lance, they have NEVER liked each other. Pulling the others down, makes less sense to me.

While I see this as one last gasp by a fallen athlete, the flip side of this is he has now alienated himself from all of his peers. It's martyrdom, plain and simple. Floyd has always fancied himself a martyr...
    This is the worst pain EVER!

Here we have one of the great losers of professional cycling trying to make us believe his allegations despite the fact that he is telling us, in the same breath, "I just lied to everyone for the past 4 years" and "a whole slew of pros who hav...e never tested positive have been doping all along". I'm not a big Lance fan but he statement is pretty conclusive: "It's our word against his word," Armstrong said in Visalia, Calif., before the fifth stage of the Tour of California. "I like our word. Welike our credibility."

Though he doesn't have much credibility, you still have to be a fucking retard to not believe that shit went down.
    Training for Alpental

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    Though he doesn't have much credibility, you still have to be a fucking retard to not believe that shit went down.
    Exactly. If you have ever ridden a bike, you know how difficult it is to do some of the stuff pros do on bikes, at least without "help"....
    This is the worst pain EVER!

Lance Armstrong looks battered....click on Photo's

http://tracker.amgentourofcalifornia.com/

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    I agree, I just think that it's silly to point a finger without proof. I'm sure Lance has been doped to the gills, but Floyd got caught and Lance didn't. Floyd's whining doesn't change the fact that Lance never got caught.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/arms...is-allegations

Again, I don't like Lance, but he's painting a pretty clear and believable picture of Landis being mentally unstable in his response to all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Exactly. If you have ever ridden a bike, you know how difficult it is to do some of the stuff pros do on bikes, at least without "help"....

You can not compare what a rec rider can do compared to a pro. They put more hours riding in a day than most do in a month, with sag cars, trainers, nutritionist, etc. Their whole life revolves around how they can ride faster. Chefs peel tomatoes for their meals as the skins take more energy to digest. Do they use drugs, yep, but who and how much is another question.

And Landis is a piece of shit, asking for hundred's of thousands of dollars to help in his defense of his TDF title, then coming out of the closet, and throwing other's under the bus. The only reason he mentioned other names, if he just released a statement that he was guilty of doping, NO STORY, maybe 30 sec on ESPN, by naming names, he gets press. Maybe he is just a little pissed that his team was denied entrance into the TOC?

Isn't he still contending that he didn't use synthetic testosterone during the Tour win (even though he used it a bunch before and after, if I remember what I read this morning)? It's a technical point, but, still, if so, I don't think it's accurate to say he just admitted lying for the last 4 years, if that's what you're referring to.

I'm not into cycling. I don't have any opinion about who's a douchebag and who's not. But Jose Canseco has been proven mostly (entirely?) right. Why is what Floyd's saying inconsistent with him denying use for so long? "Everyone's" using, a few get caught but most don't and so keep denying, and Floyd (whatever his reasons) decides to come clean about everything he knows. Doesn't seem inherently unbelievable to me. In fact, this is in line with one very likely way in which I'd expect things to play out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Sometimes I think you guys are some of the smartest people on the web, other times I wonder if you were shaken as babies.

I'm surpised that so many people still cling to the notion that Lance Armstrong was clean and that pro cycling was a clean sport during his T de F victory streak. Icons die hard, I suppose.
    . . . the inevitable defamation suit . . . .
    Lance Armstrong told reporters today that he is not interested in suing Landis for defamation. It was a lot of LA blah blah blah. Not suing is a smart decision because Landis's defense attorneys would call witnesses to establish the truth of the assertions, thus forcing the witnesses to either tell the truth -- and thus establish that LA was a long-time juicer -- or lie under oath.

LA's strategy has always been to deny and let time pass by. It worked for FloJo, but only because she died soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve View Post
    I'm surpised that so many people still cling to the notion that Lance Armstrong was clean.
    Lance Armstrong told reporters today that he is not interested in suing Landis for defamation. It was a lot of LA blah blah blah. Not suing is good decision because Landis's defense attorneys would call witnesses to establish the truth of the assertions, thus forcing the witnesses to either tell the truth -- and thus establish that LA was a long-time juicer -- or lie under oath.

LA's strategy has always been to deny and let time pass by. It worked for FloJo, but only because she died soon enough.
    Excellent analysis Steve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve View Post
    I'm surpised that so many people still cling to the notion that any professional cyclist in the last 30 years was clean.
    Fixed. They all doped to at least some degree, the ones who got caught just tried to cut it too close.

All of the witnesses have already been called when Frankie Andreau did this years ago!! Lance has been through that, and I don't think Floyd would find anyone new to grill in the courtroom if this was brought to trial.

And regarding him lying, he's said under oath and in the book that he never doped. This confession contradicts that, even though he's hanging onto his TDF clean victory story (which he really has to since he took fans' money to fund his legal defense for that particular case). So yes, he's admitting to lying for the past few years.

I've raced for a long time, briefly at the d3 pro level, and I've even lined up with Lance. I, and everyone else in cycling, should and generally will keep our opinions on whether he's clean or not to ourselves unless we see hard evidence that shows that he isn't. So far, nobody has produced that evidence and what we're left with is just opinions. We're all entitled to our opinions but we're not entitled to call anyone out based on hunches and opinions, especially when you KNOW that the people who tried to take Lance down over the years have probably been engaged in the exact same things that Lance may or may not have been doing.

So far, nobody has produced that evidence . . . .
    An eyewitness account based on personal observation is evidence. I know. I'm a lawyer.

Frankie Andreau said that Lance admitted using PE drugs way back when, before LA's T de F reign. So "all the witnesses" in that matter are a set distinct from the set of witnesses to the events Landis claims to have occurred. Nice try.

I've long wondered about Andreau's claims. He and his wife had no reason to lie and great incentive to not get involved in the controversy. Frankie always seemed like a credible and very honorable guy. Maybe you've got a theory re why Andreau would lie. OTOH, Lance is a shifty-eyed fuckin' weirdo dull-witted narcissist who talks like a robot and drinks Michelob Ultra.

All I can go on is my gut. I asked Chris Carmichael point blank if there 'might' be any fire to the smoke.

He got all shifty eyed, and basically replied in a conference like manner (we were alone) that 'he had never personally witnessed any drugs being taken'.

It just smelled fishy and dirty...and confirmed my suspicions.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident