Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    I wanna believe LA is legit, but it's hard to not wonder. I mean, the most dominant guy ever in arguably the dirtiest sport ever? Long alpine slog @ a 10% grade (or whatever) versus chemo makes it hard to doubt the man though.
    I personally don't care, I'd just like to see him make an appearance in the arena of high-altitude mtneering.
    As a snowboarder... i fucking hate snowboarders in general. -advres

Quote Originally Posted by Derider View Post
    the most dominant guy

Quote Originally Posted by Derider View Post
    I'd just like to see him make an appearance in the arena of high-altitude mtneering.
    I doubt he has the balls for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

typical 'attack the messenger' reactions going on with regards to landis right now...

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post

I doubt he has the balls for that.
    Without googling, I'm pretty sure that's miguel indurain? I at least know that name... but you can still clearly see my cycling American-JONGness
    EDIT: googled it, it appears I'm not even close. The guy kinda looks like Gerry Lopez tho.

The mtneering thing as always intrigued me, even if it lacks all basis.

I think it's a shame what's happened to Landis. From what I read it seemed like he had a pretty solid case against the allegations. I really believed him. I don't see the point of him doing this, his credibility is totally gone. Even if he is telling the truth, I don't see the point. And I do believe Lance has doped.

Folks... it's Eddy. Agreed on all counts.

Quote Originally Posted by sidewall View Post
    I think it's a shame what's happened to Landis. From what I read it seemed like he had a pretty solid case against the allegations. I really believed him. I don't see the point of him doing this, his credibility is totally gone. Even if he is telling the truth, I don't see the point. And I do believe Lance has doped.
    well said

hot damn, that's one of the other 5 names I know in cycling.

Eddy, of course. Duh. Not even close.

how fitting Lance crashes and has to drop out on the same day Floyd's accusations hit the press.

can't wait till they formulate the PED that keeps you from falling

they should just legalize everything, let these guys go friggin ape shit on the juice, develop lungs and legs like circus freaks and let em loose, it would be so much more entertaining to see the roid rage play out in a peleton than in the tabloids

these guys are all tweaked, hell, the douches I see riding around in their tight shorts around here aren't even paid or on TV and they act like shitheads.

and Armstrong is an asshole, just so happened he survived cancer, great foundation and fun to watch suffer and all , but he's clearly a type 1 dickbag

Or more specifically,

Eddy Merckx (a.k.a. the Cannibal)

Floyd is a loser, but won the Tour just like Lance, so he is a winner, just like Lance, but Doped and was caught, unlike Lance who was caught but had better lawyers/doctors/spin-masters, so he is guilty and still a winner, just like Lance.

Most career victories by a professional cyclist: 525.
    Most victories in one season: 54.
    Most stage victories in the Tour de France: 34.
    Most stage victories in one Tour de France: 8, in 1970 and 1974 (shared with Charles Pélissier in 1930 and Freddy Maertens in 1976).
    Most days with the yellow jersey in the Tour de France: 96.
    The only cyclist to have won the yellow, green and red polka-dotted jersey in the same Tour de France (1969).
    Most victories in classics: 28.
    Most victories in one single classic: 7 (in Milan-San Remo).
    Most Grand Tour Victories 11

Armstrong? Meh.

Merckx was undoubtedbly the best. But also caught doping...
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Yes. But it was barely even frowned upon then. The level of deception and tone of the denials was far lower.

Quote Originally Posted by AlpenChronicHabitual View Post
    Or more specifically,

Eddy Merckx (a.k.a. the Cannibal)
    His full name: Edouard Louis Joseph, Baron Merckx

He might have had more victories but for a terrible crash in a derny race in 1969, which killed his derny driver and caused serious injury to Eddy.

Yeah, he did test positive for stimulants 3 times, and, I seem to recall, 2 of the substances (antihistamines, I think) were subsequently removed from the banned list. He vehemently denied taking anything re the other positive test, which occurred after an easy stage when it made little sense to dope, and there was some evidence that he was framed.

big difference testing positive for coke or speed ,than EPO or other like both Floyd and Lance have tested positive for.

I loved my Colnago Merckx frame back in the late 80s.

I don't care to debate if LA did or didn't take performance enhancers, my problem is with Landis being so low. I mean, he could have said his piece without throwing everyone else under the bus. That doesn't really sound like clearing your mind, but causing more problems and bringing more attention to a shitty situation (shitty for him, I mean 2 million in defense fees to state you are a clean rider... fuck you... take money from people to lie... fuck you... out other riders but still try to maintain that you were clean for the 06 ride... fuck you). He's had years to come clean, and he picks this time of year to make his statements. How much money do you think he will pull out of this bullshit with the major events coming up over the next couple of months?

I have no idea why his wife left, but it wasn't because he was a stand up guy. Fuck him!

If LA is dirty, and there is proof, not fucking hear say (I don't care what does and doesn't hold up in a court room, that place is also fucked) then let the SOB bitch burn. I don't want a drug dealer who is covering his ass, a fucking rival who once was a teammate, a bitter old girlfriend he banged in the ass and then stuck it in her mouth... Documents, failed drug test, ect... something I can wrap my simple mind around.

Fuck Landis....... Pretty soon he'll be boxing Canseco for a couple grand to pay the bloody hooker he just got fucked by the night before.

check video in link... Him saying that lance never used anything and he would have come out sooner if he had seen anything... all to sell a book

http://sakeargument.gather.com/viewA...81474978248254

It may sound like I am trying to defend LA, but its more to the fact that I hate scumbags like landis.
    Last edited by emr; 05-21-2010 at 01:57 AM.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by emr View Post
    If LA is dirty, and there is proof, not fucking hear say
    If people saying they say him dope isn't proof, what is? Failed drug tests aren't exactly simple and thats all long done and gone. The only way you are going to get info now is testimony and the people on the good side aren't going to testify, they've too much money to lose.

now back to the Lance BJs - or do you need another Ultra?

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    If people saying they say him dope isn't proof, what is? Failed drug tests aren't exactly simple and thats all long done and gone. The only way you are going to get info now is testimony and the people on the good side aren't going to testify, they've too much money to lose.

now back to the Lance BJs - or do you need another Ultra?
    again fuck them all... canseco was full of shit (at least the majority of the media and public, including myself thought) and then we had something called documentation... not someone spinning a tail. I personally didn't think all the information/documentation that is now available to the general public would appear when the "Steroid Era" started to spin in the media... but look how much shit is flowing now. My point is not to defend Lance, if there is documentation on this guy testing positive then it will be found and he can go fuck himself. BUT I don't care to hear or read how Landis knows LA or any other cyclist have been doping when the douchebag is trying to make a cheap buck. Again, fuck him.

And if drug test aren't that simple and are long done and gone, how come someone is testing positive in some Pro sport on a weekly basis? How is it long gone when ESPN talks about some form of doping and DOCUMENTATION every fucking week?

Anyone who thinks any of the top tour riders are clean and have been in the past, you're naive ........ go Lance !!!!!!! Baaaad Floyd .

Lance is my doping hero .

I have no idea if LA used PEDS. I can make highly convincing arguments one way or the other. The thing that gets me is this. All his major competitors have been caught doping and failed drug tests. Armstrong has been public enemy number 1 in Europe for a decade and the incentive to catch him doping is huge, yet he's never been caught. That means a great deal to me...not that it proves it, but it's the single most credible piece of evidence we have.

As for the allegations, witness statements are not hearsay but they are not being said under oath so I don't care. You can lie all you want outside a court room. So Landis can make up whatever he wants.

Also- this strikes me as strange....if Landis learned how to dope from Armstrong...who didn't get caught in 7 tdf's then how the fuck did Floyd get caught after one tdf? What the heck did he do wrong.

Lastly, I strongly believe that all professional athletes take performance enhancing drugs. Name me a clean sport and I'll show you a sport with little to no money (winnings/sponsorship) at stake. Everybody cheats

Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    I have no idea if LA used PEDS. I can make highly convincing arguments one way or the other. The thing that gets me is this. All his major competitors have been caught doping and failed drug tests. Armstrong has been public enemy number 1 in Europe for a decade and the incentive to catch him doping is huge, yet he's never been caught. That means a great deal to me...not that it proves it, but it's the single most credible piece of evidence we have.
    Agreed. To DasBlunt - you're mistaken about a positive test.

You kind of have to understand Floyd's psyche. I think that the pressure to use PED's in pro cycling, hell any sport, is overwhelming. I mean when $$$ get's involved then folks are willing to change their standards. I honestly thing Floyd didn't WANT to use PED (I'm sure that could be said for lots of folks), but the pressure to win from sponsors etc is just to great. I can really see this as Floyd honestly wanting to come clean and clear his conscience.

Now with that being said, if you know anything about Landis and his mennonite up bringing, he thinks that everyone should be held to the same standards/morals he has. If he's going to come clean, then everyone else should too. I can totally see where that in his mind, Floyd is trying to be the Don Quixote of American Cycling. He is fighting a noble, yet unwinnable cause. Notice how fast all corners closed ranks and circled the wagons.

I'll say it again. Every pro cyclist is doped to some degree. Some just are smarter about it than others.....
    This is the worst pain EVER!