Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wunderkind View Post
    To DasBlunt - you're mistaken about a positive test.
    Unless you look at the EPO found in LA's urine 1999 samples uncovered by L'Equipe....

For all of those saying Lance has never been caught, how exactly do you catch an autologous blood transfusion if the hematcrit is below 50???
    This is the worst pain EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post

Also- this strikes me as strange....if Landis learned how to dope from Armstrong...who didn't get caught in 7 tdf's then how the fuck did Floyd get caught after one tdf? What the heck did he do wrong.
    cracked on a stage then pulled out the greatest cycling performance in the history of the sport the very next stage.

What does a guy like Floyd Landis do now, to pay his rent?
    Open a bike shop in Cleveland and start slapping kickstands on Huffys?

Quote Originally Posted by stompinlines View Post
    What does a guy like Floyd Landis do now, to pay his rent?
    Floyd is still riding domestically.

Here is another interesting story about doping. Just to let you know Greg Strock was on the same Junior World Cycling Championship team with Lance.
    http://velonews.competitor.com/2006/...-to-court_9763

Everything was eventually settled out of court.
    The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Unless you look at the EPO found in LA's urine 1999 samples uncovered by L'Equipe....
    Those samples never held up, even in the French courts that wanted to see him proven guilty. Otherwise he'd have been sanctioned. I think it's fine to have your opinion on the guy but it's just not true that anyone has ever legitimately caught him.

Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    You can lie all you want outside a court room.
    But not usually against a one man, multi million $ industry with shark like attorneys.

Unless...

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve View Post
    Lance Armstrong told reporters today that he is not interested in suing Landis for defamation. It was a lot of LA blah blah blah. Not suing is a smart decision because Landis's defense attorneys would call witnesses to establish the truth of the assertions, thus forcing the witnesses to either tell the truth -- and thus establish that LA was a long-time juicer -- or lie under oath.

LA's strategy has always been to deny and let time pass by. It worked for FloJo, but only because she died soon enough.
    + A good drug scandal is good for the Lance business.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Wunderkind View Post
    Those samples never held up, even in the French courts that wanted to see him proven guilty. Otherwise he'd have been sanctioned. I think it's fine to have your opinion on the guy but it's just not true that anyone has ever legitimately caught him.
    I think you missed my point. Tell me WHY the samples never held up?? It wasn't because they weren't positive and they weren't LA's. They weren't upheld because 1) the samples never were intended to test for EPO (the scientists were simply dialing in a new urine EPO test) and 2) they were all B samples and there was no 2nd sample to test (all the A samples had been used in regular competition testing). All of the samples were anonymous when tested, the scientists didn't know they were testing LA's urine....

But you miss my point. As I said earlier, ALL pro cyclists are doped. What I'm on about is LA's holier than tho attitude about all of it....

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    I think you missed my point. Tell me WHY the samples never held up?? It wasn't because they weren't positive and they weren't LA's. They weren't upheld because 1) the samples never were intended to test for EPO (the scientists were simply dialing in a new urine EPO test) and 2) they were all B samples and there was no 2nd sample to test (all the A samples had been used in regular competition testing). All of the samples were anonymous when tested, the scientists didn't know they were testing LA's urine....

But you miss my point. As I said earlier, ALL pro cyclists are doped. What I'm on about is LA's holier than tho attitude about all of it....
    And wunderkind missed the facts

here is a UK times quote,

quote a UK times article," however, previous cases linking Armstrong with the use of illegal drugs have contained more detail, yet been killed off in the technicalities of legal debate".

so, it is just like the murderer who gets off on technicalities. WUnderkind, you still trying to defend him or say there are no positives?

These are just the ones the press know about, imagine all the others he has had to defend. I think he wants to save it for when he is older and needs to write a book.

Put this in the Sprockets thread.

So I'm just remembering Landis put out a book refuting his positive test!!???WTF!!?? And now he is refuting that? Holy shit.

I read "From Lance to Landis" and that really convinced me Lance has doped. Not drugs but the blood transfusions.

I can just imagine in Pennsylvania the Amish are saying " See kids what happens when you start wearing Lycra? You become a doping liar."

Quote Originally Posted by sidewall View Post
    So I'm just remembering Landis put out a book refuting his positive test!!???WTF!!?? And now he is refuting that? Holy shit.

I read "From Lance to Landis" and that really convinced me Lance has doped. Not drugs but the blood transfusions.
    And the book was called "Positively False". Funny.

He reminds me a lot of Conseco- an angry dirtbag making a lot of accusations trying to bring everyone down with him.

And nearly all of the accusations turned out to be true.

here is a great article on how they test for EPO.

http://nyvelocity.com/content/interv...chael-ashenden

No matter what LA did or didn't do he sure gets the the French panties all up in a twist and that's money in my book. Probably because they can hardly remember the last time a Frenchie won their own race.

I believe everything Lloyd says. Seriously...if you DON'T beleive it, your just naive to the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by TyWebb View Post
    I believe everything Lloyd says. Seriously...if you DON'T beleive it, your just naive to the sport.
    hooked on phonics

Quote Originally Posted by TyWebb View Post
    I believe everything Lloyd says.
    Lloyd or Floyd?

If you believe everything Floyd says, then you've already been seriously misled.

Its like the Canseco book, sure he's an attention whore, and the book may have some exaggerations...but do you really believe that at its core, all of the allegations are false? Some of our clients are top level cycling event directors and the consensus in day to day conversation amongst those who are connected is that the allegations are generally accurate. The way it was explained to me was that if you didn't have blood in the fridge, then you weren't riding at a top level.

Quote Originally Posted by flatlander#2 View Post
    hooked on phonics
    dynamite contribution

engrish.

Bailout! Where is my bailout! Oh, you're hanging my leprechaun looking ass out to dry? My wife left me I don't have any money and you're saying I'm crazy? I'll tell you what is crazy uniball, you make $20mil a year and won't bail me out. Burn bitch burn.

flatlander # 2 = Greg LeMond speaking of which...

Canseco analogy fails. When did Conseco ever deny or lie about anything?
    Last edited by ilikecandy; 05-21-2010 at 03:58 PM.

Canseco denied taking steroid for years, i.e., his entire playing career. Duh.

For those saying that Landis is a loser, a question: Would you prefer that he continue to lie?

Canseco denied taking steroid for years, i.e., his entire playing career. Duh.

For those saying that Landis is a loser, a question: Would you prefer that he continue to lie?
    I'm no baseball fan but i think you are way, way off. It wasnt against the rules. I've never heard anything about him denying using

At this point how are we supposed to know?
    I mean, suppose he says he's telling the truth now, besides motive which may or may not support his statement, his credibility is shot.
    He took an oath to tell the truth, and didn't.
    From my perspective, he's digging a hole and it's getting deeper.