Thread: Hayden Beta?

Hayden Beta?

Any Aspen mags been up Hayden in the past week or so? If so, any info on conditions or where the snow line starts?

ski'd the NW face of it on monday. conditions were primo, settled pow, then corn. they would've been almost more primo corn on the east facing stuff that usually gets ski'd, had i been there a few hours earlier. I used the usual approach trail off castle creek and had to hike in the dirt for only about half hour, maybe fourty five min. once i got to the snow it was constant to the summit. I'd only recomend skiing the NW if you want a super long ski of pow! and then a super shitty steep bushwhak for 500 ft. and then a 6-7 mile walk out! not to mention, when the trail goes thru the trees there are snow patches that must be post holed to get thru! hopefully you'll have a second car and can leave one at the conundrum trailhead instead of the mile or so walk out to the pavement like me! or you can ski the usual side that does look so sick. wish i had pics, but is all i brought was my head camera, wich had dead batteries, even tho i charged them the night b4. sorta bumbed! good luck, hope this rant helps u a bit.