could an IMBA epic be built north of Vancouver?

Just daydreaming here instead of doing work - I think back in the day when they were building the highway to Squamish they considered taking an inland route as far as Furry Creek. When you look at google maps satellite view you can see a FSR going through this valley pretty much all the way.

I know the capilano reservoir is in the area which is a city watershed, perhaps this FSR is gated.

What I was wondering is, being a city slicker, why couldnt there be a long XC trail that I could ride to from my front door (say similiar in length/commitment to comfortably numb or 7 summits) that would take me away from the city and out into the "wilderness".

When its Sunday at noon and I'm just getting over the night before sometimes the idea of driving to Squamish is not appealing (or environmentally sensitive) and after awhile SFU and lower Seymour gets stale.

remember, no judging in the brainstorming phase

Sure = we've been pushing that idea around for years but it takes a lot of work with different political entities to get the ok. I'd work on that kind of trail in a heartbeat. Bench cut loam with lots of little up and downs

I thought most of the stuff on the northern side of the north shore was restricted access since thats where the city's drinking water comes from. That would be awesome though.

I think we're about to see a resurgence of support for new epics in the sea to sky. talking to more and more people who are interested in seeing a legal alpine epic in the area. strike while the iron is hot? the pvta's plans are ambitious too, I hope they get a chance to build out their plan!

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    I think we're about to see a resurgence of support for new epics in the sea to sky. talking to more and more people who are interested in seeing a legal alpine epic in the area. strike while the iron is hot? the pvta's plans are ambitious too, I hope they get a chance to build out their plan!
    Singletrack epic from North Van to Pemby. How amazing would that be.

Link all that trail from Hut to Hut. We would have something resembling the Trans-Alp routes in Europe.

The watershed's out of North Van would be a stumbling block.

Yeah the road your referring to is Capilano watershed, it is a nice 4 hour fun ride from North Vancouver back to North Vancouver via the highway to fury creek and up to the capilano watershed, illegal from that point on cause everything rolls into the cap dam.

The better one which is further up the fury creek road a little bush wacking through into seymour watershed road..100km black bear to black bear.. fun ride also and illegal...

but a single track trail all the way would be awesome...